CZ POLL Do you want Andy Dalton on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Andy Dalton on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Good back-up to whomever QB1 is if he'll sign a similar contract.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, but i'm guessing he gets an opportunity as a starter with another team.
He might get more money but any team could have signed him as a starter this year, and none did
I don’t think teams opinions of him have changed based on his play this year
He’s a really good backup

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Have no problem bringing Dalton back on a 3 year deal 11 million deal with 6 million guaranteed deal as the backup....but I suspect he'll get a chance to start somewhere or a place holder until a young drafted QB is ready

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He might get more money but any team could have signed him as a starter this year, and none did
I don’t think teams opinions of him have changed based on his play this year
He’s a really good backup
You could be right, but we could realistically see retirements from rivers, Big Ben, and Brees. I’m sure none of those teams would have dalton as #1 target, but you only have so many qbs and I’d imagine they would all be interested in bringing in a vet at least for competition if they have openings. Even a team like Cincinnati could be interested in a reunion of burrow won’t be ready week 1.

I agree he’s a backup level talent, but he may get a few phone calls.

conner01

Reaction score
You could be right, but we could realistically see retirements from rivers, Big Ben, and Brees. I’m sure none of those teams would have dalton as #1 target, but you only have so many qbs and I’d imagine they would all be interested in bringing in a vet at least for competition if they have openings. Even a team like Cincinnati could be interested in a reunion of burrow won’t be ready week 1.

I agree he’s a backup level talent, but he may get a few phone calls.
He could get more even as a backup than he’s making here
But I’m not sure he would. He’s home here and if you are gonna be a backup might as well stay home unless the money is a whole lot more
I could see a team with a rookie wanting a vet to bridge the time till he’s ready but there will be other vets available too I’d imagine

KB1122

Reaction score
He's played well, helping our team win games even though our starting quarterback is out for the season.

That's the last thing I want in a backup quarterback.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'd still be one of the best (if not the best) backups in the league, so yeah. It comes down to what he wants because he won't be the starter in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.