Do you want Brent back?

Nirvana

Reaction score
Yes I do want him back. Would add some needed help at the 1 tech with Hayden. This could make a big difference next season if he is ready to go. I am curious if he could get into shape and what that timetable looks like. I would think so.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Yes I do want him back. Would add some needed help at the 1 tech with Hayden. This could make a big difference next season if he is ready to go. I am curious if he could get into shape and what that timetable looks like. I would think so.

The NFL is going to smack him down for what he did, keep that in mind.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
If i were Jerry I'd take him back but he'd have to agree to some things like not drinking alcohol at all and possible AA treatment depending on how bad his problem was.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to reward him?

Isn't that what his pending punishment phase is for, TO PUNISH AND NOT REWARD HIM?

What possible help coulde he bring? Yes, the defense needs help but it needs help from young, dedicated, talented help. He seems to half a history of slipping back into bad habits. He drinks and drives and kills his best friend. so, duh, I guess we need to reward him and say all is forgiven.

All is not forgiven. And he half a destiny with Lady Justice and Mr. Parole Officer.
After that prison sentence or parole he will need to get his life in order, not half football on his plate.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If i were Jerry I'd take him back but he'd have to agree to some things like not drinking alcohol at all and possible AA treatment depending on how bad his problem was.

Yeah, unlike in the past, that will work for us in the future. Like he half a history of obeying rules of society.

hra8700

Reaction score
Yes, we desperately need DLine help. Brent made a poor (and common) decision to drink and drive. He suffered for it more than 99% of people who take that action (he was responsible for the death of his best friend....the prison term and probation are not really important in comparison), and I expect he's learned from it. I'd love to have him back on the team.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This one is tough, he's had mutliple chances. Plus I don't like the fact that he got in trouble again during the pre-trial phase. You'd really have to have Calvin Hill baby sitting him at all times. Is he worth that trouble? Was he THAT good to take that chance on him again? I think we can make it work.
If this team does give this loser another chance, I better not ever hear the words

"Right Kinda Guy" come out of that Clappers mouth ever again.

I also better never hear anything about removing talented players from the draft board because of character issues.

"The Clapper".....................Hilarious!!!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think it was telling Sean Lee was in attendance during the trial. Captain of the defense.

That has zero to do with whether he's coming back. That had to do with Lee supporting a former teammate. You don't have to condone what someone did to support them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this team does give this loser another chance, I better not ever hear the words

"Right Kinda Guy" come out of that Clappers mouth ever again.

I also better never hear anything about removing talented players from the draft board because of character issues.

Or, perhaps you might want to revise your interpretation of what the 'right kind of guy' is to this organization to bring it into line with what they coach has said it is so many times, in the first place. It never meant choirboys without problems to overcome. It always meant smart players who are willing to work hard and to whom football is important. It amazes me that people still fail to grasp that, since it's been said over and over and over. And it amazes me further that anybody would have a problem with it, philosophically.

Last edited:

dfense

Reaction score
I know we've all heard the news by now

Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was sentenced Friday to 180 days in jail and 10 years of probation for a drunken car crash that killed his friend and teammate, Jerry Brown.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...180-days-jail-probation?ex_cid=espnapi_public

That being said I heard people say that if Aaron H. wasn't charged there would be a rush of teams trying to sign him. Now the ball is in our court and to be honest. Dallas has had Brents back (in a odd stand-off, but let it play out sort of way) but the question remains. Do YOU want BRent back?

Hell yes.

I'd take Dolly Parton if she could improve the Dline play.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Or, perhaps you might want to revise your interpretation of what the 'right kind of guy' is to this organization to bring it into line with what they coach has said it is so many times, in the first place. It never meant choirboys without problems to overcome, and it never meant choir boys. It always meant smart players who are willing to work hard and to whom football is important. It amazes me that people still fail to grasp that, since it's been said over and over and over. And it amazes me further that anybody would have a problem with it, philosophically.

Yeah, I am sure football was seriously important to Brent on the night of 12/7/12.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
People are acting like he's an elite NFL talent. He's a 7th rounder who got a few starts due to Ratliff's health and he played decently. We're not talking Vince Wilfork in his prime. I'll pass.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I'm stuck, on one hand he is/was a talent with upswing, on the other hand if it were my child in the car beside him... No forgiveness, sorry I can't walk on water and will never try.

So for me they can do what they want, I'm not in Jerry or the other person's family shoes, nor have I lost anyone in this fashion, therefore I can't empathize with either.