Do you want Brent back?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure I'd bring him back. Sign him for the vet min (beats working in a warehouse) and let him know one slip and he is gone. If he makes the final 53 we have a player very grateful to be on the team again and probably very loyal. If not, let him go and move on.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'll take him back. We need the help and before this happend he was actually blossoming into a player.

Vick, Plax, etc. all came back why shouldn't he? I know for a fact what some of the players on the 90's team did, and its not far away from what Brent did.

It's all about football for me. I don't have to work, or be friends with him.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Is there a thread of a similar incident of a player on another team?

I'd be very curious if that player got the same amount of sympathy. ;)

Aven8

Reaction score
http://i1297.***BLOCKED***/albums/ag22/Clark211/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

Wow, you're actually a pretty girl? I thought you were a dude.

Don't really care if you question me. What I know is what I know, and they are facts.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think the possible good that could come from this can outweigh whatever punishment people think is just for a guy who killed his best friend and his best friend's family pleaded with the court to not send him to prison for an extended period of time.

It does not even have to be as a player, but perhaps a representative that can work with other players and the community to teach the dangers of drunk driving. The issue I see is if Josh Brent has the desire to redeem himself.

YR

KDM256

Reaction score
I would like to see Brent back with Dallas and Im pretty sure most of his teamates would like that as well.

Brent has to live with the death of his friend for the rest of his life and I'm sure thats going to stay with that man for a very long time. America is about 2nd chances, Whether its with the Cowboys or not, I believe Brent needs to play football not only for himself but for his best friend Jerry Brown as well since he doesn't get the opportunity to have that option anymore.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If he were a legitimate talent, I might be willing to actually consider it for a fraction of second.

But he is not and it is not even close.

Tex

Reaction score
If i were Jerry I'd take him back but he'd have to agree to some things like not drinking alcohol at all and possible AA treatment depending on how bad his problem was.

uhhh not drinking will be a part of that 10 year probation and I would bet AA or other recovery meetings will be part of the drill. Along with a breathalyzer in his car and payments to the state monthly etc.. TX is a pretty tough dwi probation usually. Next step for his attorneys will be getting OK'd to leave the state in his occupation. Which I would think can be done.

But make no mistake I bet he gets a very strict probation terms. He will be tested for drugs and alcohol constantly. One ***** up and he is back to jail.

We can use brent no doubt. But he will always have one foot in jail and one out for the next ten years.

NJ22

Reaction score
Geez really? Absolutely not. He killed a friggen teammate how could we be even considering it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Just win baby...

To be honest, the victim's own family forgave him and they have real connections. Additionally, as long as he serves his time, I think that is enough.

Of course if he doesn't show remorse and there is a strong concern he will fall again, you can refuse to sign him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Or, perhaps you might want to revise your interpretation of what the 'right kind of guy' is to this organization to bring it into line with what they coach has said it is so many times, in the first place. It never meant choirboys without problems to overcome, and it never meant choir boys. It always meant smart players who are willing to work hard and to whom football is important. It amazes me that people still fail to grasp that, since it's been said over and over and over. And it amazes me further that anybody would have a problem with it, philosophically.

TO worked hard and football was important to him. Got to love vague terminology that keeps changing to fit circumstances.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I'll trust the opinions of the players and coaches on this. I am pretty sure they want him back.

He was playing well before this happened. We certainly need more DL. Let him earn a spot on the roster, and give him that opportunity. It's not that complicated. I'm sure Marinelli and Lee are way ahead of us on this.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He was very popular with the players. He will not make that mistake again. He will be cheap. He could play well. He will most likely be back after Goodell suspends him for one year.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
He was very popular with the players. He will not make that mistake again. He will be cheap. He could play well. He will most likely be back after Goodell suspends him for one year.

3rd time will certainly be the charm. Maybe he can take out a family this go around.

conner01

Reaction score
i have mixed feelings. on one hand once a man has paid his due i think he deserves to be able to make a living again. on the other, i'm nt sure he has learned anything from this experience. he was drinking again while out on bond which to me was a very stupid thing and says to me he has'nt learned from his mistake.
if i brought him back he would need to agree to no drinking at all and i'm not sure thats possible with him. if killing your friend did'nt stop you from drinking not sure losing your job will