Do you want Brent back?

waving monkey

Reaction score
This one is tough, he's had mutliple chances. Plus I don't like the fact that he got in trouble again during the pre-trial phase. You'd really have to have Calvin Hill baby sitting him at all times. Is he worth that trouble? Was he THAT good to take that chance on him again? I think we can make it work.

Calvin Hill is something to consider in this situation.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If this team does give this loser another chance, I better not ever hear the words

"Right Kinda Guy" come out of that Clappers mouth ever again.

I also better never hear anything about removing talented players from the draft board because of character issues.

You'll hear because in many ways Brent is the right kind of guy witha drinking problem.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Because he was suggesting that Lee was there because we wanted to bring Brent back....

This is what he said: I think it was telling Sean Lee was in attendance during the trial. Captain of the defense.

To me that means he was there to be supportive. We don't even know what the league will do nor what his team for his treatment will suggest. The latter will go a long way into whether or not Brent gets to think football this year IMO. And the post about Calvin Hill is important; he is part of the team's resources I mentioned.

theSHOW

Reaction score
They waived him immediately too. None of this "We support Josh" nonsense, none of this go to the trial nonsense.

You need to go sit in the corner. You've been pouting up the entire thread here. Brent didn't do a hit n run. He killed his friend with his drunk driving. They actually both staggered into the vehicle. I hope he plays football for the Cowboys for a few years. I like the guy. He has an uphill battle and maybe just maybe he can do it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
No.he already got his shot at redemption, the cowboys gave him a shot by drafting him and he has shown time and again that he is incapable of change.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I know we've all heard the news by now

Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was sentenced Friday to 180 days in jail and 10 years of probation for a drunken car crash that killed his friend and teammate, Jerry Brown.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...180-days-jail-probation?ex_cid=espnapi_public

That being said I heard people say that if Aaron H. wasn't charged there would be a rush of teams trying to sign him. Now the ball is in our court and to be honest. Dallas has had Brents back (in a odd stand-off, but let it play out sort of way) but the question remains. Do YOU want BRent back?

Yeah, I want him back. Pay his debt to society with his jail time, come back, stay out of trouble, and wreak havoc on the defensive line.

The accident and his stupidity are well documented. Jerry Brown's mother supports him, and so does the organization. I'll support him, cautiously.

dstone2962

Reaction score
So if you knew a coworker who killed another coworker in drunken driving situation would you just want them to come back and get paid as if nothing had ever happened?
You need to go sit in the corner. You've been pouting up the entire thread here. Brent didn't do a hit n run. He killed his friend with his drunk driving. They actually both staggered into the vehicle. I hope he plays football for the Cowboys for a few years. I like the guy. He has an uphill battle and maybe just maybe he can do it.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I know we've all heard the news by now

Former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent was sentenced Friday to 180 days in jail and 10 years of probation for a drunken car crash that killed his friend and teammate, Jerry Brown.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...180-days-jail-probation?ex_cid=espnapi_public

That being said I heard people say that if Aaron H. wasn't charged there would be a rush of teams trying to sign him. Now the ball is in our court and to be honest. Dallas has had Brents back (in a odd stand-off, but let it play out sort of way) but the question remains. Do YOU want BRent back?

The question I would ask is where is his head now? It is not about whether he can play football it is whether he can get his head into being a professional football player. Will he be a head case or someone who can anchor the DL? In my opinion, this will be a call by a professional and not with a sit down with Jerry Jones/Garret.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So if you knew a coworker who killed another coworker in drunken driving situation would you just want them to come back and get paid as if nothing had ever happened?

You cannot compare him to the common man. If your coworker was one of only 50 people in the world that were qualified for the job he was doing then yes your employer would most likely want him back and if not him then someone else surely would hire him.

It drives people crazy that they get special treatment but they get that treatment because they are special in what they do. Most people are not like that. I am in a rarer than average profession but there are still 300k more of us according to Dpt of Labor. How many people can play DT in the NFL? 200? maybe?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's got two immense factors working against him. He's stupid, not only in terms of his personal life but also in terms of being stubborn about doing what he's been doing all along. That has been clearly demonstrated by his insistence upon shedding his monitor and continuing to smoke pot and drink when he's aware it threatens his livelihood. Also, his lack of self control and discipline in addition to a limited mental capacity doesn't bode well for his career nor his ability to maintain good conduct throughout his probation. Working at the DT position certainly doesn't automatically qualify him for foolishly being allowed to retain a responsible position on the same team he has already let down badly. There's often a fine line between being forgiving and foolish -- let's not cross it.

Reaction score
He's just a guy, you can find an undrafted free agent off the street who can do what he can do. This isn't a Mike Vick situation where the guy was a proven pro-bowl caliber player, and did hard time and cleaned up his image extremely well.

I have absolutely no sympathy for drunk drivers. Just because he killed his "friend" doesn't make his crime any less serious or heartbreaking than if he were to have killed anyone else. He screwed up in college, he screwed up during the pre-trial, he got an extremely laughable sentence and he killed someone due to his stupidity and lack of intelligence. The NFL does not need him and the Cowboys certainly do not need him either. Three strikes, chances are the fourth is just over the horizon.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You cannot compare him to the common man. If your coworker was one of only 50 people in the world that were qualified for the job he was doing then yes your employer would most likely want him back and if not him then someone else surely would hire him.

No, being an NFL DT is just like being an Accountant, except you get paid millions of dollars to knock a 300 pound man backwards and will barely be able to walk by the time you are 50. Being President of the United States is just like every other job too, except for the part where you control Nuclear Missiles.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If this team does give this loser another chance, I better not ever hear the words

"Right Kinda Guy" come out of that Clappers mouth ever again.

I also better never hear anything about removing talented players from the draft board because of character issues.

I love the ignore feature.