CZ POLL Do you want Connor Williams on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Connor Williams on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen enough, I think it is time to move on. Though I do not think he is as bad as many on here say or keep going on and on about. But he has not really become any better, or so it seems.
However, with a strong C and LT, if Tyron returns to form, Biadasz comes close to Travis level. Then that can hide some flaws. But if McGovern has shown enough at RG, can he take over at LG.

Williams will be her though no matter what, as I do not see the team giving up on him yet, but is he worthy of starting.

J12B

Reaction score
Of course.

He will be on his last year of his rookie deal at a 1.7 million cap hit.

He may have had a couple of bad games, but he's done alright for the most part.

Tussinman

Reaction score
2021 isn't really a question.

The real question is if he plays good enough in 2021 will the cowboys want to pay him 5 or 6 million a year in 2022, especially if McGovern looks solid ?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I'd like him on the team but I'd rather he not be starting. He just doesn't seem to have the strength needed. He's not getting just completely bowled over every play but he doesn't seem to get the push you'd like, especially from a high pick. I'd like to see how McGovern finishes out the season to see if he may be a better option at LG once Martin is healthy (honestly, he shouldn't play anymore this season, even if he is able).

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'd like him on the team but I'd rather he not be starting. He just doesn't seem to have the strength needed. He's not getting just completely bowled over every play but he doesn't seem to get the push you'd like, especially from a high pick. I'd like to see how McGovern finishes out the season to see if he may be a better option at LG once Martin is healthy (honestly, he shouldn't play anymore this season, even if he is able).
:clap:

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes but only as CHEAP DEPTH. Not at starter level pay.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't mind him but I think you need to think about trading him. I don't see him re-signing once his 4-year deal is up. He's going to want to make tackle money somewhere.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yep, we can do much worse...If in 2021 Connor Williams is the weakest part of the oline, this oline is going to be pretty damn good.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't mind him but I think you need to think about trading him. I don't see him re-signing once his 4-year deal is up. He's going to want to make tackle money somewhere.
Fair point. I'd imagine you could get a mid round pick back for him. Especially if the Cowboys end up taking an olineman early in the draft I wouldnt hate being proactive about moving Williams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Trade him for what though? You invested a 2nd rounder in him. You aren't getting that.....he needs to be realistic about his career. He'd make more money at guard than he would as a tackle. HIs position switching thus far in his career has robbed him of that.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Why???? Don't we have enough none physical. Weak butts as it is????:facepalm: Oh. I forgot to cast my vote.. ...HELL NO!!! Seriously. Anybody in here who would compare Williams to any good O-lineman we ever had. Has to be crazy!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We certainly needed him this year. I wouldn't extend him to big money but if he can be had for cheap why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.