CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since it's the off-season and we cannot seem to reach the Dak Prescott thread limit, I thought it would be fun to get a general summary of what everyone thinks.

As usual, I do not provide an "easy way out" option that most people would quickly choose such as "I want him back just not at that rate" because that's irrelevant and not realistic.

Let's just assume most fans would want him back for a low amount ..

So, the next question is, do you want Dak back at the rumored amount offered?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely!

Pay Dak his $35 million/$110+ guaranteed. He's earned it. Plus, he's our best option by far.

If the Cowboys refuse to pay him now, Dak is going to cost soooooo much more by season's end (2020) after Coach McCarthy helps Dak perform even better under his pro-QB system.

Pay now or suffer the consequences later. Take your pick Cowboys.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Absolutely!

Pay Dak his $35 million/$110+ guaranteed. He's earned it. Plus, he's our best option by far.

If the Cowboys refuse to pay him now, Dak is going to cost soooooo much more by season's end (2020) after Coach McCarthy helps Dak perform even better under his pro-QB system.

They should have learned by not paying him before Wentz, Goff, Rodgers, Big Ben and any other QB signed last season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whatever the actual offer is I want him back because there’s clearly not a better alternative than him available. No way would I go with a lesser QB for cheaper money. That’s not a recipe for success.You can’t be cutting corners at the most important position on your team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Silverstar

Reaction score
Franchise him with either tag just to hold his rights, in case a viable FA QB becomes available starting March 18th. Don't forget, as long as the tag isn't signed by Dak it can always be rescinded. Jerry has every right to pursue and sign a QB in free agency if Dak refuses to sign his tag.

leeblair

Reaction score
Absolutely!

Yeah, because 8-8 quarterbacks are hard to come by.:facepalm:

Jeffkills

Reaction score
No, on principle...

He can accept the financial and other ancillary benefits of being a Dallas Cowboy icon, or he can act like a selfish loser..

Either way, if he doesn't ease up, he'll end up hated, irrelevant, and financially decimated - compared his earning potential as a SB winning QB for the Star...

Either way, who's anyone to talk about how him getting his directly impedes our future success?! Seriously, who are we to judge the way he keeps his family from starvation??

Loser take it all; winners help the team...

leeblair

Reaction score
You guys can break it down any way you want to, but we all saw the games.
We saw Dak choke repeatedly when the Cowboys have faced tough teams. We saw him celebrate his greatness against weak teams.
We saw him throw the ball into the ground on 4th down. We saw him casually walk to the sidelines after drive after drive ended, as if it wasn't his responsibility to lead the team to victory.
We saw Carson Wentz pass and pass his team into the playoffs despite them being injury riddled, while the Cowboys let another season waste in the weakest division in the NFL.
Dak IS NOT the guy.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo was a disaster, too, because of Garrett.
But Romo didn't choke like Dak; he just made stupid plays because of being allowed too much authority by a coach with no sense.
Dak just thinks he should be paid because he is there.
Who did you have on your Dak slobber bingo card to be the first to cry about Romo in a totally unrelated thread? Always bet on AC! I stay winning.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was a disaster, too, because of Garrett.
But Romo didn't choke like Dak; he just made stupid plays because of being allowed too much authority by a coach with no sense.
Dak just thinks he should be paid because he is there.
Romo didn't choke? :lmao: Uhhh, he was nicknamed Chokemo for a reason.

When has Dak choked? Name any games.

I think you've got the players confused. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.