CZ POLL Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannix

Reaction score
No. McCarthy has his flaws, but he should not be fired, especially after achieving a 12-5 record, winning the division and hosting the playoffs, especially after the horrible season last year and the coaching changes he made this past offseason.

McCarthy has earned the right to stick around on his current contract, but he definitely needs to make a few coaching (and player) changes, starting with the Oline coach.
He hasn't earned a thing...he is a joke who lost 4 home games and piled up wins by going 6-0 in a terrible division

Mark

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the pregame...with the respective shots of the teams in the tunnel? The Niners looked like they were loaded for bear...jumping up & down, active, excited, waiting to hit the field. Camera turns to the Cowboys. To a man, they looked uninspired, down...scared even. Like a line of mourners ready to enter a funeral home. I knew we were done then.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Quinn at all. I get we improved the D from last year, but figuring out how to use perhaps the most talented defensive player in the league doesn't impresse as much as everyone else.

The D let up big plays all year. Constantly. Most in the league by a lot. The D was not the reason for the loss today, but they weren't great in the first half.

I want an aggressive head coach who knows how to manage the game and the clock. Knows when to take chances and when you not take chances. And I want co-ordinators who are co-ordinators and not place holders looking for their next job. That part is tough, but I hate this having these guys distracted by head coaching opportunities.

per the Jones, i don't think we see a totally new young HC hire - from- the -outside in here now

... i really believe the Jones are gonna covet that " Win Now" vet HC that can take this team to NFC title and SB in the next 2 years ... they had hope that be SB resume McCarthy would be the over the big hurdle guy ... but he's proven not

If they were gonna head to a young buck HC, it would've been the insider,.. under their wings Kellen Moore, .. but as of right now KM may have lost a lot of stock and confidence .in the organization...

Mark

Reaction score
Such a lazy, unimaginative hire to begin with. This going-nowhere team has absolutely nothing to lose by canning him tomorrow....routinely turning-up totally unprepared to compete, as they did today.

quickccc

Reaction score
Let DQ move to HC.. Bring in Vic Fangio as the DC and Eric Bienemy as the OC...

Quinn is gonna want an DC who believes in his own scheme, his own philosphy, someone he is more familar with, ..not an outside thoughter.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I’ve been on this forum for a very long time. Does anyone care who is a moderator here? Or is everyone on the Jones payroll? It’s been so depressing for too long and there is no end in sight. How do we fix it? It’s not relaxing a coach or the players, so hire do we fix it?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the pregame...with the respective shots of the teams in the tunnel? The Niners looked like they were loaded for bear...jumping up & down, active, excited, waiting to hit the field. Camera turns to the Cowboys. To a man, they looked uninspired, down...scared even. Like a line of mourners ready to enter a funeral home. I knew we were done then.
I noted that too and mentioned it in the Game Day thread.

coachharden

Reaction score
When you are a Dallas Cowboy player you are the most liked, listened to, fawned over, interviewed, commercialized ***** of any sports team. The only coach that works for this type of franchise is a disciplined coach that has all player, personnel decision making ability. Tom Landry understood this and Jimmy Johnson understood this. Bill Parcels understood this also but was too late in his career. GET A DISCIPLINED COACH!
No stars on the helmets IN GAMES until you’ve proven yourself. One star at a time, and they can be taken away as quickly as they were given out! No more premadonnas!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
The problem is Jerry always gets away with it. He turns the fans against the coach and the players:-(

Surfguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you can't keep McCarthy after a 1st round playoff exit with what many were suspecting to be a super bowl team... the score didn't reflect how the teams looked on the field. The cowboys looked like they felt this would be a cakewalk and got the brakes beat off of them. It had a similar feel to the Broncos game. just about after EVERY big win, we came in lethargic. Same happened this game.

Anybody suspecting the Cowboys to be a super bowl team are suspect themselves. You have to be out of your mind to suspect the Cowboys to be a super bowl team before they have proven they can advance past the first or second playoff game.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Yes, but I don’t believe the new coach will be empowered to run the team and shop for the groceries.

An AI coach. That's not a bad idea. We always did accuse Jason Garrett of being the red-headed robot. The Cowboys can be the first team with a virtual AI coach.

Shall we play a game?

Love to! How about National Football League?

Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of chess?

Later. Let's play National Football League.

Fine.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I think the referee blame game is enough to fire him. It’s one thing for us fans to do it, but him and now the players is unacceptable.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I like mike, I like him more than Garrett, but I voted yes to fire him. Simply because I know the Dallas Cowboys can do better. This team needs a disciplinarian type coach. It always has. Players already think they’re Hollywood celebrities the minute they sign a contract with the Cowboys. You need a coach who can keep reality and check. And big Mike doesn’t do that. We need another Parcells type coach. Old school. With modern knowledge of the game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Only if it means Kellen Moore is gone too. The entire offensive brain trust needs to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.