does anyone else feel like being a dallas fan is...

actual29

Reaction score
detrimental to your health!??!
im only 24 and i honestly feel like i may have a lost a yr or 2 on my life expectancy from all of our last min games over the past couple seasons!!! :(

sacase

Reaction score
I thrive on the emotion. I used to get nervous about things, now I just get excited and what more of it. Its all about your point of view. I feel more alive in close games.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel the same way, but I've been a fan for 30 years now and I'm still kickin.' You'll be okay.

tnbk

Reaction score
actual29;2330783 said:
im only 24 and i honestly feel like i may have a lost a yr or 2 on my life expectancy from all of our last min games over the past couple seasons!!! :(

Dude, I am close to 40 and I was closer to 24 the last time we won a playoff game.

actual29

Reaction score
tnbk;2330829 said:
Dude, I am close to 40 and I was closer to 24 the last time we won a playoff game.
yea i hear ya
i just wasnt sure how many of you guys go thru the same thing
everyone says im obsessed and that i shouldnt let it get to me like i do :rolleyes:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i'm 41 now

been watching since i was 8.

i've probably taken 10 years off my life watching the boys.

that's not counting the years of cigs. and beer and............nevermind.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am surprisingly calm.

I want to kill all the fans who mocked the Skins loss and brought us negative karma. ;)

tnbk

Reaction score
Hostile;2330947 said:
I am surprisingly calm.

I want to kill all the fans who mocked the Skins loss and brought us negative karma. ;)

What about those of us who internalized feelings of warmth and giddiness?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2330947 said:
I am surprisingly calm.

Were you there, Hostile? If yes, what was the atmosphere in the stadium?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hostile;2330947 said:
I am surprisingly calm.

It's the calm ones you have to worry about, I hear.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tnbk;2330966 said:
What about those of us who internalized feelings of warmth and giddiness?
Those aren't subject to karma. Thoughts are not an act.

I'm really not kidding too much. When I saw the mocking posts I thought...oh no. I don't believe in karma, but I sort of believe in karma catching up to you.

There's an old Irish Proverb that says, "Lord, make my words soft today, for I may to eat them later."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2330978 said:
Were you there, Hostile? If yes, what was the atmosphere in the stadium?
No, I wasn't. I lost my job a couple of weeks ago and couldn't spend money on tickets, gas, and food.

MONT17

Reaction score
See the chicken littles do know football. Well at least they know when to blame Jessica Simpson!

actual29

Reaction score
Hostile;2330947 said:
I am surprisingly calm.

im not even just talking bout todays game... todays wasnt TOOOO bad because its still early in the season so im tryin to stay calm

but im just realizing how evry single game we play now ends up coming down to the last couple play or series...
like the playoff games.. bills game last yr... couple already this yr etc.

TexasTornado

Reaction score
I've been a fan for 31 years...and it never gets easier. I have to admit my wife is a nervous wreck almost every game, while I root for a close game (with the 'boys winning of course).

WarC

Reaction score
actual29;2330783 said:

Sometimes being a Cowboys fan is like dating a really hot bi-polar girlfriend. :bang2:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
actual29;2330877 said:
yea i hear ya
i just wasnt sure how many of you guys go thru the same thing
everyone says im obsessed and that i shouldnt let it get to me like i do :rolleyes:

Same here, I get pretty down after losses. People say I too am too obsessed.