Does anyone here want JG around?

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
Didn't we go through this back when Garrett couldn't possibly be extended? Right before he got $30M/6 years or whatever it was at the time? Before the 12-4 season or the 13-3 season and the NFL CotY campaign everybody wants to pretend never happened because it's somehow reasonable that we lost a playoff game to a comparable team because the coach and not the bad players we trotted out to defend Aaron Rodgers?

Do we really have to pretend it's actually been a decade of *coaching* incompetence here in Dallas? do we not care to remember how things were before Garrett was here? How those coaches fared? At what point is is reasonable to consider that maybe the issue isn't actually the coach and that changing coaches is fine and all if y'all are bored with the one we've got but not all that likely to address the actual problem?

I think some of you guys are willfully blind.
It boggles my mind how 2 seemingly intelligent people can look at the exact same situation and be polar opposites in their interpretation. At the very core, I assume we are BOTH cowboys fans and ultimately want the same thing, right? ie: another SB ring that has eluded us for 20+ years.

Based on your response, here is my take:
(1) Naturally I'm aware of the failed decade BEFORE JG, but they are long gone and no longer a concern... However, JG is STILL here, many years PAST the point of most people realizing he did not have the preparation, aptitude, discipline, mastery, experience, game-planning, adjustments, contingencies, culture, accountability, etc necessary to EARN his $6 million paycheck or consistently teach and COACH this team to anything more than mediocrity.

(2)The only constant to the last 10 years of failure has been JG the COACH (aside from JJ)...he has churned through countless personnel and elite HOFs with the same abysmal results.......he has had the EXACT SAME decade of off-seasons to prepare, train, teach, assess personnel and place them in a position to WIN, just like every other NFL HC......how is it that the friggin BROWNS now look closer to a SB than the DALLAS COWBOYS...how possibly can you defend this man's performance? Wasn't HE directly involved in choosing and preparing all of our new personnel, drafts, FA's..every soul that was brought on this team for the past 10 years...........man, come on........enough is enough, it is as obvious as the cocktail in Jerry's hand.........we have embraced a culture of softness, acceptance, entitlement, forgiveness, deflection...no PLAYER ingrained that in the COWBOYS.......the HC did and we will continue to lose under him, regardless of personnel......COUNT ON IT.......no QB, WR, RB or any other ELITE player is going to bring us to the SB until JG is GONE!

khiladi

Reaction score
I would like to just add, I was callling for Garrett to be gone by 2008-2009 after watching Romo have to costantly play street ball to bail this goof-ball out and I was saying he’s a cancer to this organization back then and his survival here is based on scapegoating others. I know @Chocolate Lab and @Galian Beast were others.

Where’s Hostile, the other Garrett-homer, at?

But I did get the Bailey situation wrong this year of it makes Garrett-homers feel better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to just add, I was callling for Garrett to be gone by 2008-2009 after watching Romo have to costantly play street ball to bail this goof-ball out and I was saying he’s a cancer to this organization back then.

Where’s Hostile at?

But I did get the Bailey situation wrong this year..

I remember! I still have my "GROG" jacket in my closet, how about you?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Him as the coach still? Oooh...gosh...

-nNxrH.gif

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Lol, cruel. You make your argument, I’ll make mine. That’s how a forum works. It’s not cruel when someone just makes a case better than you do and won’t apologize for it.

FWIW, I don’t even remember chopping it up with you at all on the topic. I’ve disagreed with so many about it.

Whenever Garrett is let go, we all know how it’s going to be around here. I’ll be public enemy number one for weeks. Now how much fun will that be for you if you and all your friend are shunning me?

It scarred me. I will never forget the cruelty you displayed upon thy cowboyszone following.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Didn't we go through this back when Garrett couldn't possibly be extended? Right before he got $30M/6 years or whatever it was at the time? Before the 12-4 season or the 13-3 season and the NFL CotY campaign everybody wants to pretend never happened because it's somehow reasonable that we lost a playoff game to a comparable team because the coach and not the bad players we trotted out to defend Aaron Rodgers?

Do we really have to pretend it's actually been a decade of *coaching* incompetence here in Dallas? do we not care to remember how things were before Garrett was here? How those coaches fared? At what point is is reasonable to consider that maybe the issue isn't actually the coach and that changing coaches is fine and all if y'all are bored with the one we've got but not all that likely to address the actual problem?

I think some of you guys are willfully blind.

Earlier you said that Wade Phillips wasn’t a good head coach.

now you’re making a comparison that Garret has fared better than prior coaches.

However, Wade was just as successful as Garret has been.

So if the results are similar, and Wade wasn’t a good head coach, what does that make Garret?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(2)The only constant to the last 10 years of failure has been JG the COACH (aside from JJ)...

Bolded what I consider to be the operative phrase there, for emphasis.

Either way, I appreciate the tone of the reply. I sincerely don't think the issue in Dallas has been coaching, and that didn't change because of the coin-flip decision to punt or try to run it last weekend. I think Garrett's a good enough coach to win with if we assemble the right players, and I think we struggle to assemble the right players in Dallas and have since Jimmy left/the boon from the Herschel trade wore off and free agency started.

I really don't think it's a great mystery what the issue is, and the problems with the HC are a MacGuffin that keeps fans talking about the team rather than about the structural issues that keep the team from winning.

waldoputty

Reaction score
@Idgit has given me hell over the years for criticizing Garrett. He's been downright cruel to anyone that stands up against him on this forum.

It's time we shun him collectively, and come together as a forum. It's time to become whole again.

Fire Garrett and banish his old following.

yea, i wonder who keep deleting/drama-zoning my garrett posts
like the garrett poll thread i started yesterday...

Aven8

Reaction score
I would like to just add, I was callling for Garrett to be gone by 2008-2009 after watching Romo have to costantly play street ball to bail this goof-ball out and I was saying he’s a cancer to this organization back then and his survival here is based on scapegoating others. I know @Chocolate Lab and @Galian Beast were others.

Where’s Hostile, the other Garrett-homer, at?

But I did get the Bailey situation wrong this year of it makes Garrett-homers feel better.

Ummmmmm, no shout out for me??

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8-plus years and 1 playoff victory and you have the nerve to call anyone else "willfully blind"?

Comedy gold right there.

Don't you mean '22 years and 3 playoff victories'?

Or, no, because that period of relative futility extends beyond the Garrett regime and makes the argument that the issue is the current HC difficult to swallow.