Reaction score
The min problem still around

iq7fQcu.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post the question on the Giants or Eagles boards. They love Jason and hope he coaches here forever.

They love him because our fans hate him and they love stinging their fingers in your eyes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't you mean '22 years and 3 playoff victories'?

Or, no, because that period of relative futility extends beyond the Garrett regime and makes the argument that the issue is the current HC difficult to swallow.

No, we can certainly throw that in there, as long as you can figure out a way for Jerry Jones to get fired.

If you want to bring up the Jones issues and his failings, we can do that.

But I'll tell you like I tell the other guy, his failings don't excuse Garrett of his.

And again, if you can figure out how Jerry Jones gets fired, we can do something about that one too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's barely a ring to truth to it. Very few people are openly defending the organization (front office, Jones boys) while railing on Garrett.

They are intertwined and most people are pretty clear on that.

I think trying to make the argument that you did is just another in a long line of deflections for Garrett. But I kind of expected that as this thing has progressed. With each passing season, each game where we struggle, it becomes harder and harder to defend Garrett's performance on the field. It's going to be interesting to see where some of you fall if this season, once again, is a non-playoff disappointment.

You're obviously entitled to your wrong opinion. My opinion of Jason hasn't changed an iota based on the punt-not punt decision this week. And holding it isn't any harder at all. You're mistake is to think I consider it hard to hold an unpopular opinion and I"m likely to change my mind once enough people disagree with me. But since 'popularity of opinion' isn't a criteria I use to decide what I think about things, there really isn't a tipping point in this discussion. My opinion on who the coach should be will change when the circumstances around him change enough to make his job impossible. That might happen, and eventually I guess the lack of fan support could play into that. But right now, I consider this discussion this week more of the same reactionary mob-rules decision making we usually see when a toss-up decision doesn't work out the way fans want it to.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I personally don’t think Garrett is as bad of a HC as people make him out to be. He’s probably a C+ type coach. There are and have been much, much worse in this league. And I get why the success of 2016 bought him two more years. But he’s had his chance to prove himself as a top flight NFL head coach and has failed to do so. He’s worn out his welcome with the fanbase and it’s clear this team is not close to contending. It’s time for him to go.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, we can certainly throw that in there, as long as you can figure out a way for Jerry Jones to get fired.

If you want to bring up the Jones issues and his failings, we can do that.

But I'll tell you like I tell the other guy, his failings don't excuse Garrett of his.

And again, if you can figure out how Jerry Jones gets fired, we can do something about that one too.

We're not 'throwing it in there.' Either it's a trend that's tied solely to the HC, or it's a trend that extends beyond that. You have to pick one to believe.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think it’s unanimous that we don’t want Garrett. It seems Dak and jerry aren’t happy either how we didn’t go for it on 4th and 1. Seems we’re not going in the right direction whatsoever.

Sydla

Reaction score
I personally don’t think Garrett is as bad of a HC as people make him out to be. He’s probably a C+ type coach. There are and have been much, much worse in this league. And I get why the success of 2016 bought him two more years. But he’s had his chance to prove himself as a top flight NFL head coach and has failed to do so. He’s worn out his welcome with the fanbase and it’s clear this team is not close to contending. It’s time for him to go.

Spot on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earlier you said that Wade Phillips wasn’t a good head coach.

now you’re making a comparison that Garret has fared better than prior coaches.

However, Wade was just as successful as Garret has been.

So if the results are similar, and Wade wasn’t a good head coach, what does that make Garret?

I'd disagree here with your basis for comparing the HCs. Playoff victories isn't the measurement I'd take. That's a better measurement of the entire organization. From personnel to coaching to the front office.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're not 'throwing it in there.' Either it's a trend that's tied solely to the HC, or it's a trend that extends beyond that. You have to pick one to believe.

Do I?

I don't think I do. I expect seen Jones win, maybe despite himself. I've never seen Garrett win. Not anything that ever mattered, for sure.

Garrett sucks all on his own. You want to blame Jerry Jones for something, blame him for ever hiring a guy who was never qualified in the first place.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're obviously entitled to your wrong opinion. My opinion of Jason hasn't changed an iota based on the punt-not punt decision this week. And holding it isn't any harder at all. You're mistake is to think I consider it hard to hold an unpopular opinion and I"m likely to change my mind once enough people disagree with me. But since 'popularity of opinion' isn't a criteria I use to decide what I think about things, there really isn't a tipping point in this discussion. My opinion on who the coach should be will change when the circumstances around him change enough to make his job impossible. That might happen, and eventually I guess the lack of fan support could play into that. But right now, I consider this discussion this week more of the same reactionary mob-rules decision making we usually see when a toss-up decision doesn't work out the way fans want it to.

"Wrong opinion"!

That's classic tantrum stuff right there, well done.
:clap:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd disagree here with your basis for comparing the HCs. Playoff victories isn't the measurement I'd take. That's a better measurement of the entire organization. From personnel to coaching to the front office.

Same owner though, right? Just so we get your double standards clear here.