Does anyone here want JG around?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'd disagree here with your basis for comparing the HCs. Playoff victories isn't the measurement I'd take. That's a better measurement of the entire organization. From personnel to coaching to the front office.

So then, tell me how you would conclude that Garret is a better head coach than Wade, who you said wasn’t a good head coach.

Because overall results certainly can’t be the basis for that conclusion. Since Wades and Garret’s were very similar.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't you mean '22 years and 3 playoff victories'?

Or, no, because that period of relative futility extends beyond the Garrett regime and makes the argument that the issue is the current HC difficult to swallow.

So are you arguing here that the Jones boys, the constant throughout the 22 years, are holding Garrett back from attaining his rightful spot as one of the game's best coaches?

Garrett is simply the result of poor leadership by the Jones. They didn't hire a brilliant head coach in Garrett only to undermine him along the way. They hired a mediocre head coach because they simply aren't very good at hiring head coaches.

Dracula

Reaction score
The team looks like they are good with participation trophies. They need someone, who desperately wants to win, who can fire this team up, and says follow me. That ain't clappy. He's just not that type but he is Jerry's type and therein is the problem. You can get rid of clappy but Jerry just finds another. Now I'm depressed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Same owner though, right? Just so we get your double standards clear here.

It's clear what he's doing. Note that the areas Garrett hasn't really performed well are more a function of everyone around Garrett, but the things he wants people to acknowledge as successes are largely due to the Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's clear what he's doing. Note that the areas Garrett hasn't really performed well are more a function of everyone around Garrett, but the things he wants people to acknowledge as successes are largely due to the Garrett.

It's a heck of a hill for someone's credibility to die on. I remember the last guy that went this route. Poor guy had to start his own forum so he didn't have to hear it anymore.

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
So are you arguing here that the Jones boys, the constant throughout the 22 years, are holding Garrett back from attaining his rightful spot as one of the game's best coaches?

Garrett is simply the result of poor leadership by the Jones. They didn't hire a brilliant head coach in Garrett only to undermine him along the way. They hired a mediocre head coach because they simply aren't very good at hiring head coaches.
Yes GARREET was an NFL masterful GENIUS before Jones' got their greedy paws on him and destroyed his chances of 5 SB rings.....poor poor Jason, he had such high potential. poor kid, banked his $40 million here by walking around practice with his dallas polo and whistle, trying to look busy...practiced that clapping for hours in the mirror........I'm sorry, I digress......what again does JG actually DO here?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
So then, tell me how you would conclude that Garret is a better head coach than Wade, who you said wasn’t a good head coach.

Because overall results certainly can’t be the basis for that conclusion. Since Wades and Garret’s were very similar.

Wade made the playoffs twice in his 3 year tenure & won 1 playoff game .

Garrett has made the playoffs twice in his current 9 year tenure, & won 1 playoff game.

By far, Wade is much better a HC than Garrett. By far .

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wade made the playoffs twice in his 3 year tenure & won 1 playoff game .

Garrett has made the playoffs twice in his current 9 year tenure, & won 1 playoff game.

By far, Wade is much better a HC than Garrett. By far .

You’re 100% right. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt when saying their results are similar.

Either way it points to a huge double standard on his part.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Lol, cruel. You make your argument, I’ll make mine. That’s how a forum works. It’s not cruel when someone just makes a case better than you do and won’t apologize for it.

FWIW, I don’t even remember chopping it up with you at all on the topic. I’ve disagreed with so many about it.

Whenever Garrett is let go, we all know how it’s going to be around here. I’ll be public enemy number one for weeks. Now how much fun will that be for you if you and all your friend are shunning me?
I've asked you (and others) this question before and don't believe I've ever received a straight answer. So let me ask it again, since this seems like a good place for it:

What more will it take before you decide it his time for JG to go? What more do you need to see?

Because honestly, at this point it seems like you're just continuing to support him in order to win some kind of internet argument, rather than because you actually think he's the man for the job.

romothesavior

Reaction score
We're not 'throwing it in there.' Either it's a trend that's tied solely to the HC, or it's a trend that extends beyond that. You have to pick one to believe.
No, you absolutely do not have to pick one. This is one heck of a false dichotomy.

Jerry and Jason are both terrible. They deserve each other. Unfortunately, the rest of us don't deserve this.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've asked you (and others) this question before and don't believe I've ever received a straight answer. So let me ask it again, since this seems like a good place for it:

What more will it take before you decide it his time for JG to go? What more do you need to see?

Because honestly, at this point it seems like you're just continuing to support him in order to win some kind of internet argument, rather than because you actually think he's the man for the job.

I've probably answered this a dozen times. People just don't like the answer.

When I see the team losing games because of coaching, I'll want to replace the coach. But not because he made a 50/50 call that didn't work out that sent the horde out screaming for blood.

When he loses the team, or if he demonstrates he's unable to evaluate or develop talent, or if a coach with a better track record at either were available, then I'd want him replaced.

And, honestly, it doesn't seem at all like I'm supporting him to win an internet argument. It seems like you guys want me to share your take and use your criteria for evaluating him so that we can all be in agreement. But my position and my basis for evaluating Garrett haven't ever changed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm saying what I always say: Garrett's a good enough coach and the staff is good enough to win with. As evidenced by the 12 and 13 win seasons.

The issue in Dallas is it's ability to assemble sufficient talent to win a Superbowl.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Garrett took over a bad team and built a competitive one. Wade took over a good one and made it a bad one.

I never said overall results can't be the basis for that conclusion. I said you're judging a coach by the results of the entire organization.