Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Romo had to carry the team on his back for too long. Romo never really got an offensive line until 2013. Until then he was running for his life. Hell, even Jerry Jones admitted that he should have gotten an O line for Tony a lot sooner. Only good defense he has was in 07. So if Tony had better surrounding players he would probably be a first ballot hall of famer with a couple of super bowl rings.

badazoth

Reaction score
Obviously, he had TO in his late prime and that's before Romo really hit his prime. He had Dez but Dez was just athletic and Tony knew right where to hit Dez on those deep outs and back shoulder fades. Dez faded away after Romo too.
Bhatia was at the end of his career and he really dropped a s*** ton of passes and there's that is if desert stayed in Tony and stayed I mean they got rid of Dad's because of that because that couldn't hide theirs and Dad's was vocal about they don't want their wide receivers being vocal about their mediocre quarterback so so that is that

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Put Tony on this team and we are still in the race. The negatives are overplayed. He had some bad games just as everyone else does but he was a magician in the pocket and saw the field as well as anyone. Tony would have hit those wide open receivers. He never had the weapons or the defense Dak had this year. Unfortunately it's irrelevant and it's Dak moving forward for the firseeable future.

Loso86

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.
Nooe I would just take Daks mobility and give it to a young romo

Haimerej

Reaction score
The Chiefs against the Steelers rushed for 106 yards.

Screenshot-20220117-223509-Sports.jpg

While the Cowboys against the 49ers rushed for a paltry 77 yards.

Screenshot-20220117-223345-Sports.jpg

You think this proves the KC line is better? I was referring to the season stats and you knew that, Worm.

Don't come here posting against my comments and spew falsehoods about how the Chiefs ran for lesser yards than the Cowboys just to spew your Dak hatred. Absolutely foolish and downright deceitful. Hard for anyone to take you seriously when you make up lies to spew your hate.

I was talking about for the season, Worm. You knew that. You said they had a better line. I pointed out they didn't perform any better and referenced their season totals.

You said, "no QB," can win in the playoffs getting sacked 5 times. I showed you Mahomes did it.

Like I said, I am right. You are wrong. Get your facts correct next time you want to address me.

You're a worm who intentionally muddied the waters by accusing dissenters of being, "haters," and if you had any integrity, you'd look in the mirror and realize I didn't say a thing about Dak.

PS: I would respond and explain why I had to change my avatar name to "Worm" but I would make many here who are friends from the old boards look bad. Respectfully, I will remain quiet on that matter. Trust me, I would make you look wrong on that matter as well, but it's not worth at the risk of hurting others.

"Make me look wrong"? All I said is it was your name and it fit. The former you acknowledge and the latter is known by anyone who engages with you in a disagreement.

This is the same Worm who thinks Joseph Randle was a good RB who was screwed by a lack of opportunities.

Big D

Reaction score
Put Tony on this team and we are still in the race. The negatives are overplayed. He had some bad games just as everyone else does but he was a magician in the pocket and saw the field as well as anyone. Tony would have hit those wide open receivers. He never had the weapons or the defense Dak had this year. Unfortunately it's irrelevant and it's Dak moving forward for the firseeable future.
Overplayed huh? remember. these?
378b8bf6-29ae-4a92-a337-d6d03b49431a.jpg

tony-romos-turnover-jpg.3824

Romo was my guy too but let's not sit here and act like he was a world beater. The 26 years we've been waiting includes his entire career.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You think this proves the KC line is better? I was referring to the season stats and you knew that, Worm.

I was talking about for the season, Worm. You knew that. You said they had a better line. I pointed out they didn't perform any better and referenced their season totals.

You said, "no QB," can win in the playoffs getting sacked 5 times. I showed you Mahomes did it.

You're a worm who intentionally muddied the waters by accusing dissenters of being, "haters," and if you had any integrity, you'd look in the mirror and realize I didn't say a thing about Dak.

"Make me look wrong"? All I said is it was your name and it fit. The former you acknowledge and the latter is known by anyone who engages with you in a disagreement.

This is the same Worm who thinks Joseph Randle was a good RB who was screwed by a lack of opportunities.
Even now, you refuse to acknowledge you were wrong. You never mentioned you were referring to the whole season. Typical of you to backtrack. Everyone reading our comments understood we were talking about yesterday's playoff games.

The only one actually acting like a worm is you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What was so great about Romo? He didn't get us any closer to a Super Bowl than Dak has and he had more chances to get us there. With that said, Dak isn't good enough.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Even now, you refuse to acknowledge you were wrong. You never mentioned you were referring to the whole season. Typical of you to backtrack. Everyone reading our comments understood we were talking about yesterday's playoff games.

The only one actually acting like a worm is you.

Here I am, yet again, spelling out basic grammar for you. This is the relevant sentence I said-

KC averaged less rushing yards per game than DAL and wasn't much better in ypc.

Notice the words, "averaged," and, "per game." Granted, you're not smart, but when I refer to, "averaged," and, "per game," that doesn't mean I'm talking about 1 game. I'll grant that you struggle with good faith interpretation of people you disagree with, but again, you're just wrong.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Overplayed huh? remember. these?
378b8bf6-29ae-4a92-a337-d6d03b49431a.jpg

tony-romos-turnover-jpg.3824

Romo was my guy too but let's not sit here and act like he was a world beater. The 26 years we've been waiting includes his entire career.

There are memes about everyone. Tony could be erratic at times but I rarely, if ever felt like the team was out of the game with him under center. My memory is shaky but I don't remember him being mediocre at best for an entire half a season. He was better than Dak at this point in their careers. He was a better option to close out 2016 and a prime Tony would've been a better option yesterday. He did so much more with far less talent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here I am, yet again, spelling out basic grammar for you. This is the relevant sentence I said-

Notice the words, "averaged," and, "per game." Granted, you're not smart, but when I refer to, "averaged," and, "per game," that doesn't mean I'm talking about 1 game. I'll grant that you struggle with good faith interpretation of people you disagree with, but again, you're just wrong.
We're all talking about yesterday's playoff games which prove you wrong. Doesn't matter what the season stats were. Yesterday's results were based on their own game results.

Haimerej

Reaction score
We're all talking about yesterday's playoff games which prove you wrong. Doesn't matter what the season stats were. Yesterday's results were based on their own game results.

So it's your contention that KC's running game is why Mahomes was able to throw for 400+ yards, 5 TDs, and only 9 incompletions while getting sacked 5 times and hit 11 times?

That's almost as laughable as your reading comprehension.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So it's your contention that KC's running game is why Mahomes was able to throw for 400+ yards, 5 TDs, and only 9 incompletions while getting sacked 5 times and hit 11 times?

That's almost as laughable as your reading comprehension.
No. It just proves you wrong. Dallas did not run for more yards than KC during yesterday's playoff games.

garyv

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.

If both were 27 years old Romo is better and the reason why more football IQ than Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I never said they did. Another swing and a miss.
You're contradicting yourself in the same initial sentence. You go from talking about how Mahomes got sacked 5 times, equal to Dak yesterday, but then for some weird reason you threw in the teams' season total rushing yards as a comparison when that had absolutely nothing to do with both teams' playoff games yesterday. You should have stuck to both teams' playoff games rushing yard totals from yesterday, but you didn't do that because it would have destroyed your failure of an argument against Dak.

You do this all of the time. Then you try to blame me or others for your own messed up head which you intentionally deceive to try to spew your hatred. You think you are sneaky, but you're not. You're just crooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.