Does Kerry Hyder (or Joe Jackson) make Taco expendable?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
taco was a bad pick from jump. He was basically brought in as insurance to take the LE spot if Lawrence left. We need a RDE pass rush talent that draft and we took taco. We did him a disservice by drafting him. It's not his fault.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
taco was a bad pick from jump. He was basically brought in as insurance to take the LE spot if Lawrence left. We need a RDE pass rush talent that draft and we took taco. We did him a disservice by drafting him. It's not his fault.

Taco was drafted because Gregory can’t stay off the suspended list.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Taco came back and played well the last 2 games. He's been better than most of the DE's drafted after him. People just think he was a 1st round pick when really he was a second. His issues were more with how he handled his shoulder injury.
His issues are he doesn’t practice with any intensity or play in games with any intensity. He is what he is a SOFT Taco. Move on. He was a bad draft pick. Watt was there for the taking too!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We still need depth in the event of injury and to be part of our rotation. Taco has been a disappointment but still has a valuable role with Irving gone and with Gregory’s future up in the air.
Unless his play improves he brings no value to this team! Get in there son for 5 plays and give us no pass rush.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I hope Taco blows up this year so the haters will shut up about him. It has gone beyond just being a “whipping boy”. People act like he murdered their dog in cold blood.
I also hope Jason Garrett will become a great game day coach and make all the right game day adjustments. It won’t happen. Overall Garrett is a mediocre coach and Taco is soft!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was slightly surprised this weekend that we didn't see Taco Charlton package in a draft day deal of some sort.

That said, I really get the feeling that Taco is not long for this roster. We are pretty deep at DE now with Lawrence, Quinn, Armstrong, Kerry Hyder, Gregory (currently suspended), and now possibly Joe Jackson (5th rounder).

Where does Taco fall into this. IIRC, he fell out of favor with Marenelli last season and I think he's hard pressed to make this roster out of camp.

I think he does hold some value being that he's a former 1st rounder that's entering just his third season.

Could we see another Switzer/Jihad Ward type trade for perhaps Karl Joseph?

Getting benched last season is either going to result in him getting with the program OR result in his attitude getting worse.

I think we'll know within the first 3 days of training camp which way his attitude has shifted.

He has the required physical ability. Probably more natural physical talent than DLaw; however, DLaw has maximized his abilities while Taco has minimized his abilities.

cern

Reaction score
Taco controls his own destiny. Will he play or pout?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Believe Taco was battling some injury last year and this year 3 for him so time to put up or shut up.

Great competition with Armstrong and Jackson so hopefully it fules him to realize his potential.
He had a physical injury and was butt hurt over lack of playing time. Garrett said he needed to show more in practice once he was back at it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Taco makes taco expendable.

But yes. With the depth they have now. His job is on the line. They are now in position to cut him if he doesn’t step up.

With the rights to 3 more seasons of Taco, and the guys who picked him still in the house, I don't see him going anywhere this year.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am pulling for Taco to succeed. He can be a valuable piece in a rotation— and if he is able to make some plays he will either:

1. Stick here in Dallas

Or

2. Increase his value and earn a ticket out via trade

I’m interested to see how he responds since the FO has publicly said this is a big year for him. He has a lot to prove and it is his best interest to get after it and make a statement

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Joe Jackson may not even make this team. Taco at this point is going to be given another year. He’s cheap and he has potential. We gain nothing by cutting him.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
After watching tape, I don't think Joe Jackson is any kind of threat for real playing time. He's got prototypical size and a quick first step, but has literally 0 moves, so tackles are just going to sit on his speed-to-power bull rush. Even Taco is more effective after the tackle gets hands on him then Jackson is.

Hyder, we'll see how healthy he is. Achilles injuries are brutal, especially for big men who have to drive hard off their legs.

Armstrong will be the interesting one IMO. Didn't show much as a rook, but he spent a year getting coached up and gaining strength and he's always been able to get low and bend. There's some potential there.

Yeah to be honest I didn’t see Jackson winning a lot even at the college level. He’s a hustle guy. Seems to get a lot scheme sacks and clean-up sacks on broken offensive plays. Nice size. Goes from snap to whistle. But hard to project him as a guy that can compete for snaps at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am with stash.

Taco for Joseph.

I am bullish on Jackson. However, in fairness, I was really bullish on Tapper and he turned out to be a total bum.

In other words, don't listen to me.