Does Lamb have that elite level talent

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,407 Messages
    7,303 Likes Received
    The catch last week was obviously one of the best we’ve ever seen and he deserves props for that.

However, aside from that catch, how many jaw dropping/OMG plays have we seen him make this year?

He’s not really a huge leaper like Dez. He’s not a blazing WR like some others. His hands aren’t special based on all the drops.

He has top level agility which helps him on Punt Returns and get open in the slot. But even though he’s put up great numbers and can be a #1 WR on a team, I have been a little disappointed by the lack of highlight reel type plays from him.

If he were a #1 and not much else around him, like when Cooper came in 2018, would he dominate?

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

40,171 Messages
    33,437 Likes Received
    The thing about Lamb is people tried to prematurely anoint him. He's a rookie. He's on pace to shatter team records. He is ahead of the curve but he's still a rookie.

He was fine when he had Dak at quarterback. He's finding himself in a mess of a offense that come to find out Dak made look better than it really was as did Romo before him.

3. Sevenup3000

Sevenup3000 Well-Known Member

760 Messages
    813 Likes Received
  4. lane

lane The Chairman

13,025 Messages
    5,183 Likes Received
    Just another wasted draft pick...He is what he is but in no way a better receiver than Cooper who we already had on the damn roster.We should have drafted a defensive player.I like
    Lamb as a person and player but we should have not used our 1 st round draft pick on a damn receiver when we already had Gallup and Coop.

jwitten82, Swagger and DaveRowe like this.
  5. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,325 Messages
    3,356 Likes Received
    If he were the #1 right now as a rookie he would still be very productive, JMO.
    And once he puts on a little weight to play outside, I do think he'll be one of the 5-10 best receivers in the game, at least.
    He is a phenomenal route runner.

6. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

4,717 Messages
    13,232 Likes Received
    Lambs played with three backups.

Shut up man.

7. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    3,984 Likes Received
    He's a rookie on pace for about 77/950/6 from four different QBs with stiff target competition on the roster.

I'm not saying he's going to be elite, but his career has started like an elite WR's career should.

8. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,579 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    Yes. But he’s on a team coached by morons that’s been put together by an idiot. Those are strong headwinds for a player to sail against.

wecasa, catiii, Seven and 5 others like this.
  9. FiveSuperBowls

FiveSuperBowls Well-Known Member

942 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    Yes, CD is elite as an elite rookie.

catiii likes this.
  10. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

14,569 Messages
    21,888 Likes Received
    He's a rookie.

He'll be fine

11. Asklesko

Asklesko Well-Known Member

3,202 Messages
    2,461 Likes Received
    He's okay. Nothing special. Just another opportunity for Jay-Ree and fans to overhype a player

12. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,179 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    I do wonder if he needs to get stronger. He seems so close to breaking more tackles but so often ultimately goes down on first contact.

13. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,693 Messages
    8,199 Likes Received
    He’s got great hands. He rubs great routes, he’s great at rac, and he can take a hit for being relatively small. He looks polished as hell 11 games into his career and already has one of the better catches you’ve ever seen, but you say “what else?” Lmao

14. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

10,632 Messages
    13,067 Likes Received
    He's going to be a good WR but then main question is, was he someone we really needed? Does he really change the offense that much? That will remain to be seen.

15. rocyaice

40,171 Messages
    33,437 Likes Received
    What defensive player should they have taken at 17?

HanD likes this.
  16. rocyaice

40,171 Messages
    33,437 Likes Received
    This question was brought up at the time and I'm going to bring up again....who should the pick have been? We can sit here and say defense but there were no defensive players worth taking there.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Runwildboys, HanD and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  17. Playmaker3128

Playmaker3128 Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    2,438 Likes Received
    yep exactly. That’s why one of his comparisons was deandre Hopkins.

He does look extremely polished for a rookie. The route running is what will make him elite...and it is one of the things that will help him have a long career if healthy

18. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,406 Messages
    22,560 Likes Received
    CeeDee Lamb has far surpassed what many of our rookie WRs have done in a decade.

We'd likely be well advised to take due consideration of that fact before being so critical.

Since he's nothing other than a rookie, let's permit him the consideration of respecting it.

Runwildboys and Techsass like this.
  19. SportsGuru80

SportsGuru80 CowboysYanksLakers

8,184 Messages
    4,086 Likes Received
    Man let him continue to take his NFL rookie lumps... He will be fine!

Runwildboys, Bullflop and rocyaice like this.
  20. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,324 Messages
    4,364 Likes Received
    I meant to make a thread about him. Yall hype dude up too much for a 3rd wr. He never accomplished anything and had multiple big drops this year but i know people think hes a legend already. Cowboy fame