Does Moore adjust or throw the same stuff against the wall?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Turnovers will derail ANY offensive scheme. That is our biggest problem IMO, besides our D sucking.

Exactly. Moore should probably scrap that play where he has the receiver tip the pass to a defender. Not sure you can score enough points with that kind of playcalling.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This blip was to be expected. What it comes down to now, does Moore adjust, or just throw the same stuff against the wall and pray? His scheme has been derailed. Now what? Can he do it?

Yes, I have faith that he can. Why? I believe in the kid, and still do. Two stinkers in a row, now it's time for him to show his mettle.

I don't see that at all. The Saints game didn't look good, but against GB the Cowboys moved the ball very well, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties. That;s an execution thing, not a scheme thing. Clean up the turnovers and penalties and all will be well with the offense.

The defense, on the other hand, I'm not so sure what the answer is there. Without question finding a way to plug up the middle running lanes has to happen.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Exactly. Moore should probably scrap that play where he has the receiver tip the pass to a defender. Not sure you can score enough points with that kind of playcalling.
:laugh:, Yea I would like to see that particular play removed from the playbook.

Batman1980

Reaction score
This blip was to be expected. What it comes down to now, does Moore adjust, or just throw the same stuff against the wall and pray? His scheme has been derailed. Now what? Can he do it?

Yes, I have faith that he can. Why? I believe in the kid, and still do. Two stinkers in a row, now it's time for him to show his mettle.

We're #1 in the NFL in yards. Eliminate the stupid mistakes and turnovers and the scoring will go up. Cabo Zeke needs to stay playing like the highest paid runningback ever, though.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Execute...
and maybe get Dak out of the pocket 5-7 times a game

GMO415

Reaction score
He doesn't know how to get his best player EzE involved

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Moore did adjust. Last game was night and day to the Saints game.

Two stinkers? I guess you didn't watch the game or look at the stats.

johneric8

Reaction score
Pleazeeeeeee, the only time Kellen "The Beaver" Moore looked derailed was when Red Ball over ruled the gameplan and made him go conservative against the Saints. We could count on good old Garrett for thinking the same gameplan that worked last year would work this year, Just leave it to Mr. Princeton to believe he knows how to run this clown show.

JBond

Reaction score

To further the discussion, what exactly are you talking about scheme wise? Let's address specifics.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In your own words the offense sputtered at the start of the game

So how did the offense end up with 550+ yards without adjustments? That would be pretty special

But yeah you’re right when is this guy going to adjust and put up 900 yards of offense in a game.
Wow... that would be nearly a kilometer in offense!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
To further the discussion, what exactly are you talking about scheme wise? Let's address specifics.
One thing I'd like to see is less running between the tackles right now.
It's just not working.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
a23qhaxxxzz zu ayuab
The scheme needs to eliminate turnovers, penalties, drops, and overcome an o-line that’s falling apart with injuries..

To me we need more quick outs, screens, and quick slants to build up some type of momentum and then hit some deep and intermediate passes.

All that is true, however, for the most part, the offense moved the ball very well. They just kept shooting themselves in the foot. Even the running game got off to a good start. Just couldn't stick with it because the D basically caved the entire first half.

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny.
It's only been 5 weeks, and you're asking as if his stuff is already old and stale.
Maybe it's not Moore that's the problem. Maybe the players can't execute his plays.
:popcorn:
No, I'm not. That is a very sad take.

Are you not aware that DC's all over the league are going to adjust and challenge any OC, especially a new one? I mean, are you seriously this naive? Very strange post you made.