Does the FO even value the S position?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Look we will never agree on this. If you think this was all a coaching problem, that's as silly as those that simply want to blame the players for everything and say the coaches did a good job.

That Rams game was a failure on both sides, and yes, it falls even on the chosen one, LVE.
I dont think....I know we got out coached. Yes players play the game. But we clearly were the only team in the playoffs and last few games of the season that did not get the memo on the Rams. And even if you some how did not get the memo before the game....how the heck did you not get it during the game? This will NOT change with Kris calling plays....I hope he learns from it but since he has been a DC he coaches his scheme and execution.....In the words of Jason Garrett before the game against Seattle in 2014....they do what they do defensively and they are not going to change.

Sydla

Reaction score
I dont think....I know we got out coached. Yes players play the game. But we clearly were the only team in the playoffs and last few games of the season that did not get the memo on the Rams. And even if you some how did not get the memo before the game....how the heck did you not get it during the game? This will NOT change with Kris calling plays....I hope he learns from it but since he has been a DC he coaches his scheme and execution.....In the words of Jason Garrett before the game against Seattle in 2014....they do what they do defensively and they are not going to change.

We did get outcoached. I've claimed that since the game was over.

But the players also made mistakes, including our LBs. To deny that and just say it was ALL coaching is a mistake, plain and simple.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

But the players also made mistakes, including our LBs. To deny that and just say it was ALL coaching is a mistake, plain and simple.
Again....Kris spent time yelling at LVE instead of changing the scheme to help the defense. The reason he was yelling at LVE because he was not executing his defense. I get that the player was not executing. As a coach you can not watch that happen for an entire game and not change something.....especially when the formula for success has been put on tape by other teams in Rams recent games.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again....Kris spent time yelling at LVE instead of changing the scheme to help the defense. The reason he was yelling at LVE because he was not executing his defense. I get that the player was not executing. As a coach you can not watch that happen for an entire game and not change something.....especially when the formula for success has been put on tape by other teams in Rams recent games.
Can't disagree.

kskboys

Reaction score

We were 5th against the run last year. Now, while I don't believe our D was as good as all that, we were competent against the run. To go from being competent to 273 yds rushing through gaping holes, I have to put that mostly on the coaching. That shouldn't even happen against a bad run D.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We were top 5 in defense last season.

Lmao. No we weren't. We had a decent stretch and come the Colts game, this defense was exposed for the frauds they were.

But this is loser's mentality. Being content with getting exposed year after year because the back end of this defense is terrible. Go watch the last 3 divisional round games and look how this defense was gashed each and every time.