Doesn't get much better Must Win than this game

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the Must Win purists, I do realize only an elimination game qualifies as true Must Win so save your vitriol for the posters that want to keep Garrett.

Not only is this a Must Win for the Cowboys, it is also a Must Win for the Bears...…..and the Rams...….and the Eagles, providing the Rams win their game and the Eagles their next two.

The Cowboys started this season in the 6th position in the NFC, a contender but not a true contender and they haven't moved off that spot and they share that with CHI, LAR and PHL. Two away games in less than ideal conditions are a prep for the playoffs and the opportunity for this team to salvage their season, at least for a week.

Add to this, they have the hot seat HC according to the media so if they do care for the man, this is their opportunity to rally around him and play up to their potential.

This is when I really like the sport, playoff games within the season. Three games in a row against the two HC's that have taken the CotY awards the last three years and one that won a ring just two years ago. All three needing a win to stay alive for the playoffs.

It's not just the HC with his job on the line but his staff as well. They say this team was built to travel, meaning they can run the ball and play good D in any kind of weather. Time to put that to the test and this first year OC won't get a pass from here on out.

Yep, this as Must Win as a game gets for one main reason, remove doubt. This team got embarrassed on TDay with the Bills mocking them after the game. I don't care what the players say, they have doubt. They don't just doubt the coaching, they doubt the team.

Time to prove they are a football team and not some media oddity. Time to prove they want to live more than the Bears want to survive. And then they've got another one with LA and then another with PHL. Three Must Wins in a row to remove doubt.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys will still be in first place Tuesday morning even if they and the Eagles are 6-7. Must win?

The only games the Cowboys "must win" are the last two. Do that and 8-8 wins the division, which is the ceiling for this bunch. Anything else is just fantasy.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It is going to be an interesting night. Is apathy going to kick in or am I going to go nuclear and complain about everything tonight?

Not sure how I will feel at game time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will still be in first place Tuesday morning even if they and the Eagles are 6-7. Must win?

The only games the Cowboys "must win" are the last two. Do that and 8-8 wins the division, which is the ceiling for this bunch. Anything else is just fantasy.

Yep.

Sadly it's all window dressing aside from that week 16 game against the Eagles. We can drop these next two games and STILL have a chance to win this pathetic division if we beat Philadelphia in week sixteen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To the Must Win purists, I do realize only an elimination game qualifies as true Must Win so save your vitriol for the posters that want to keep Garrett.
Actually we only need to win one of these last 4 games and of course the Egirls game to win division.

Unless of course Phil continues to lose . Then we might only need 1 more win. Lol

If Dallas loses out and Egirls lose another one it could come down to week 17 and Commanders might still be a player. This is how bad this division is.

CPanther95

Reaction score
The Eagles are doing everything they can to prevent the Cowboys/Eagles game from being a must win game for Dallas.

If they can eliminate themselves before then, their odds of beating the Cowboys goes WAY up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

To salvage this season, this is a must win game. Lose it and the rest doesn't even matter.

Jake, this team is at the crossroads. Math has little to do with it. I am talking about a team capable of winning a playoff game on the road. This team is not capable of that right now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This game doesn't mean anything to the Cowboys.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only must win game is the Eagles and I'm not even sure about that one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To salvage this season, this is a must win game. Lose it and the rest doesn't even matter.

Jake, this team is at the crossroads. Math has little to do with it. I am talking about a team capable of winning a playoff game on the road. This team is not capable of that right now.
This is a must win to restore moral. Another loss and it’s a dumpster fire. Lol

Beyond that we dont need this win to take division.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles are doing everything they can to prevent the Cowboys/Eagles game from being a must win game for Dallas.

If they can eliminate themselves before then, their odds of beating the Cowboys goes WAY up.
Well, they are working on that necessary losing record for the Cowboys to beat them. If you're bad, the Cowboys will make you look worse; if you're good, the Cowboys will make you look better.

Creeper

Reaction score
Its only a must win for Dallas so they can prove to themselves they can beat a team with a decent defense. Its more of a must win for Garrett than the team. But at the same time, if they lose tonight because of ineptness on defense and special teams, while the offense struggles in the red zone again, I think it has implications for how they play the rest of the year. This team is struggling with confidence right now. Also, they are supposedly so fired up and angry over the loss to Buffalo. If they come out and lay an egg after being so fired up, they could implode as a team. And what will Jerry say next to cause a distraction and disruption?

glimmerman

Reaction score

Not only is this a Must Win for the Cowboys, it is also a Must Win for the Bears...…..and the Rams...….and the Eagles, providing the Rams win their game and the Eagles their next two.

The Cowboys started this season in the 6th position in the NFC, a contender but not a true contender and they haven't moved off that spot and they share that with CHI, LAR and PHL. Two away games in less than ideal conditions are a prep for the playoffs and the opportunity for this team to salvage their season, at least for a week.

Add to this, they have the hot seat HC according to the media so if they do care for the man, this is their opportunity to rally around him and play up to their potential.

This is when I really like the sport, playoff games within the season. Three games in a row against the two HC's that have taken the CotY awards the last three years and one that won a ring just two years ago. All three needing a win to stay alive for the playoffs.

It's not just the HC with his job on the line but his staff as well. They say this team was built to travel, meaning they can run the ball and play good D in any kind of weather. Time to put that to the test and this first year OC won't get a pass from here on out.

Yep, this as Must Win as a game gets for one main reason, remove doubt. This team got embarrassed on TDay with the Bills mocking them after the game. I don't care what the players say, they have doubt. They don't just doubt the coaching, they doubt the team.

Time to prove they are a football team and not some media oddity. Time to prove they want to live more than the Bears want to survive. And then they've got another one with LA and then another with PHL. Three Must Wins in a row to remove doubt.
It’s time to show up and battle. Jump on this team and don’t let off. Kind of hard to believe they can actually do that. Jumped up on the bills and let off the pedal. Not sure why. Maybe a staff thing but at some point these players have to make plays. Jones tipped a ball in the air that looked like a set up for a spike in volleyball and that safety couldn’t catch it. Dropped passes and even by the sure handed Witten. Dak quit running with the football and using his legs. Lotta bad things happening. Refs certainly aren’t helping. Either way the excuses have to stop and players need to execute. OC needs to pound the ball.

JayFord

Reaction score
The bears need this win to keep any playoff hope alive and we usually drag through big games so I expect us to lose

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the best thing that can happen is we lose and Garrett gets fired giving us a chance to find a spark with an interim HC.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Win one gam and must beat the Eagles. Or the Eagles must lose a few more games.

But to me this is still a must win. That is the one game we need to stay ahead of the Eagles no matter what. Then it puts more pressure on the Eagle to win Monday night. And I don't think Wentz plays well under pressure.

Does anyone really believe if we lose the next 2 games, they all of a sudden will win the last 2 games?

They all are must win games, but still have to beat the Eagles. The only other way is to win 3 games if we lose to the Eagles, and the Eagles lose another game somewhere.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course the best scenario we beat the Bears, NYG beat the Eagles. That will be huge.
I thought I would throw that out there for those that have thought of it yet. :lmao:

You know for those that are too busy thinking about how we lose, or getting Garrett fired. :muttley: (which is what I want as well, Garrett and this staff gone).

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose tonight, they will have lost to yet another team with a winning record.
If the Cowboys win tonight, they will have beaten yet another team with a losing record.