Dolphins Are Releasing Taco Charlton

Dre11

Reaction score
Of course I listen to scouts, but scouts are wrong at times. Many were wrong on Taco.

I don’t always agree with scouts, do you?

considering they put the work in and spend triple the time I do studying a player, I mean on they're expertise. it's no different than any professional.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He did do alright there, but the Dolphins are not a smartly run organization.
He was inactive the last 4 games with Miami. For a 1st round draft pick, you call that alright.

Also, I think Miami is making positive strides. Their HC was a great hire. They beat NE the last game of the season when NE had to have that win!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
so you think you know more? his talent isn't the issue, it was said here , it's his attitude, Heard the dude Newwy Scruggs say he's heard from people in the building say he felt entitled, throughout his whole college career and throughout the draft process there was no mention of attitude. you know who else was on Taco? Will McClay, who's considered good at what
Like I said scouts make mistakes. I think this year Will McClay had a great draft, but Taco was a huge mistake. I also, believe Taco has a major attitude, and the talent he has doesn’t come out because of his attitude( lack of desire and work ethic).

Dre11

Reaction score
Like I said scouts make mistakes. I think this year Will McClay had a great draft, but Taco was a huge mistake. I also, believe Taco has a major attitude, and the talent he has doesn’t come out because of his attitude( lack of desire and work ethic).

yet none of that was evident before the draft, he was considered a 1st round talent. it's all a crapshoot because you never know how they'll turnout or adjust to the next level. Solomon Thomas was the #3 pick and his option isn't getting picked up because he's done nothing

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence and Taco Charleton both had the same number of sacks last year. One is very good. One is unemployed.

That's why something like PFF is so useful. People that "don't believe" in PFF because it's not perfect are dumb.

PFF is for people who don't really understand the game and just cite them to seem smart.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Correct. I was wrong in the short term. He is not done yet, because he is on a roster, but he will be done soon enough.

Do you think he will be on their opening day roster? I don’t.

In another 2 years he will be considered a bust, though yes, I could be wrong.
Moving the goalpost to be right. I hope everyone sees what you are doing here.

I have no idea if Taco makes that team but I was smart enough to know he would be given another chance on another team. You weren't.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Moving the goalpost to be right. I hope everyone sees what you are doing here.

I have no idea if Taco makes that team but I was smart enough to know he would be given another chance on another team. You weren't.
Officially he is not done yet. I said he was done after being released by Miami.

Regardless, I believe he is a first round bust, and will be out of the league by this time next year. KC decided to take a chance on him, it will be a short lived chance.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Officially he is not done yet. I said he was done after being released by Miami.

Regardless, I believe he is a first round bust, and will be out of the league by this time next year. KC decided to take a chance on him, it will be a short lived chance.
I never said he isn't going to be a first-round bust. His attitude seems to be making this his reality. If his attitude doesn't change, predicting he'll be "out of the league by this time next year" isn't a hard one to make. But as you said in your first paragraph, that was not your original stance. You had to move the goal post to get to this new stance you are taking. Anyone can move the goal post to make themselves feel better. I'm glad to see you admit what you originally said. So I don't understand why you feel the need to move the goal post. Just admit your original stance was wrong. Then you can adopt this new stance with honesty on how you got there. I think this news stance of yours is right.

kskboys

Reaction score

Hard to say. KC might have the right coaching to light the fire.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I never said he isn't going to be a first-round bust. His attitude seems to be making this his reality. If his attitude doesn't change, predicting he'll be "out of the league by this time next year" isn't a hard one to make. But as you said in your first paragraph, that was not your original stance. You had to move the goal post to get to this new stance you are taking. Anyone can move the goal post to make themselves feel better. I'm glad to see you admit what you originally said. So I don't understand why you feel the need to move the goal post. Just admit your original stance was wrong. Then you can adopt this new stance with honesty on how you got there. I think this news stance of yours is right.
I said Taco was done after being released by Miami. This was wrong because KC decided to take a chance on him.
He’s a 1st round bust and will be out of the league soon enough. I’m ready to end this discussion, how bout you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I said Taco was done after being released by Miami. This was wrong because KC decided to take a chance on him.
He’s a 1st round bust and will be out of the league soon enough. I’m ready to end this discussion, how bout you?
Apparently what you say you want and what you do are 2 different things because you continue to reply. But I don't mean to beat you up. You did admit you were wrong about your statement after his release from Miami. Thank you for this admission. Until we see how Taco's NFL status progresses with KC, none of us can say with certainty that he is a bust in this league. Calling him a bust is just your opinion at this point. Sharing our opinions is what this forum is about so thank you for that.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I said he'll sign with a 3rd team and be out of the league 2-3 seasons after leaving Dallas. We'll see if Taco prevents this

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a head case and teams don't put up with it unless production matches the headache.