Twitter: Dolphins claim Taco

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Im not sure actually. But I was talking more in terms of talent acquisition. They get a look at a former first rounder without giving up anything.

Especially where they are at this point in a rebuilding process. They are going to have alot of holes the next couple years. These are the type of moves they need to make regularly. More times than not it will amount to nothing. But somewhere they may pull a Rolondo McClain or a Devin Smith out of nowwhere
:hammer:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wow, how predictable. Now they can look to trade one of their linemen for a pick

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is a good move on their part. They lost Quinn they need someone to fill the spot. They got a draft pick and a player from us

A sixth-round pick and a sixth-round value player for a player with proven first-round ability? I would have made that trade back in March.

I mean if any of us had heard then that we were trading Taco and a sixth-round pick for Quinn, how would we have felt about that trade?

Londonboy

Reaction score
Can a Player claimed on waivers say "no thanks" to the Team that claimed Him?
Or if more than 1 Team puts a claim in, does He have a right to choose between Them?
Asking for a friend Who's too lazy to find out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can a Player claimed on waivers say "no thanks" to the Team that claimed Him?
Or if more than 1 Team puts a claim in, does He have a right to choose between Them?
Asking for a friend Who's too lazy to find out.

I think he could refuse to report, but then the team can sit on his rights to where he's effectively retired.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
The good news is, and I have no idea if this has already been posted as I have not read all 6 pages of this thread, but Miami is not all that good. This means that he has a better chance of starting or contributing significant minutes. This translates into a better chance of landing a higher comp pick in return.
We cut him. We don't get a comp pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be a pretty dumb thing to do by Taco. Would probably void his guarantees.

May even owe money

Dumb? Yeah, but surprising? From that guy? No, I wouldn't be surprised.

Having said that, I think this is just some hypothetical banter and a question asked and nothing more.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Bad move for the Dolphins. They just sacrificed a first overall pick!

In seriousness though, best of luck to Taco. If it really was just a clash with the coaches, maybe he'll sort himself out. Just wish it wouldn't have hurt the Cowboys so badly.
I don't think they lose a 1st round pick for claiming him off waivers.

bb721

Reaction score
The good news is, and I have no idea if this has already been posted as I have not read all 6 pages of this thread, but Miami is not all that good. This means that he has a better chance of starting or contributing significant minutes. This translates into a better chance of landing a higher comp pick in return.

You don’t receive any comp pic for a player that is waived.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
More evidence you are clueless. Thanks for posting. He was cut. There is no compensation.