Twitter: Dolphins claim Taco

J-man

Reaction score
Ummm...so what? Is he even eligable to play Sunday? And even if he is is anyone afraid of him even hitting Dak, at all?

Plankton

Reaction score
I think he could refuse to report, but then the team can sit on his rights to where he's effectively retired.

That happened to Deion Sanders, even though he was vested, back in 2002. He had retired after the 2000 season, and the Commanders put him on the reserve/retired list, holding his rights. He had discussions with the Raiders in 2002 about coming out of retirement to play, and the Commanders waived him from the list. He had to pass through waivers, and was claimed by the Chargers. As he didn't want to play with Marty Schottenheimer again, he refused to report, and had to stay retired.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's cool. Stevey and Will are on it.

Executive vice president Stephen Jones and vice president of player personnel Will McClay have reviewed the Cowboys’ draft reports after the team waived 2017 first rounder Taco Charlton on Wednesday. “Every time we miss on a player, we go through that,” Jones said. “What’d we miss? Who could we have taken? It’s all hindsight but you obviously want to not make a mistake again.” Were there warning signs on the notes? “Yeah, I think there were,” Jones said. “But, you know, he played for a tough coach in (Jim) Harbaugh and the arrow was up with Taco when he was there. At first there was concern there but then he came around. He’s obviously a tremendous athlete, great basketball player. It took him a while there at Michigan to get going but he finally did and just felt like we could get it out of him. Unfortunately didn’t quite (work). I still think Taco’s going to be a good player in this league. I just think it tuned out he probably needed a change of scenery.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's cool. Stevey and Will are on it.

Executive vice president Stephen Jones and vice president of player personnel Will McClay have reviewed the Cowboys’ draft reports after the team waived 2017 first rounder Taco Charlton on Wednesday. “Every time we miss on a player, we go through that,” Jones said. “What’d we miss? Who could we have taken? It’s all hindsight but you obviously want to not make a mistake again.” Were there warning signs on the notes? “Yeah, I think there were,” Jones said. “But, you know, he played for a tough coach in (Jim) Harbaugh and the arrow was up with Taco when he was there. At first there was concern there but then he came around. He’s obviously a tremendous athlete, great basketball player. It took him a while there at Michigan to get going but he finally did and just felt like we could get it out of him. Unfortunately didn’t quite (work). I still think Taco’s going to be a good player in this league. I just think it tuned out he probably needed a change of scenery.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

What happened to Marinelli saying "he could get him going"?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
CAN'T READ ALL THE POSTS SO NOT SURE THIS HAS BEEN SAID..."GUESS WE HAVE A FISH TACO"

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Don’t know why some of you are worried. Dallas wins this just by showing up Sunday. Rosen is hot garbage and most of the Miami players have given up.
Dallas should treat this like a preseason game. Get a 3 score lead by half and pull most of your key starters. Save your key starters from injury and gets your back ups some game time reps.