Dolphins Grant S Minkah Fitzpatrick Permission to Seek Trade **merged**

jay94

Reaction score
If this team were New England they would absolutely make a play at him we will likely have the mindset we "like our guys" puke. 20 years ago maybe.... To clarify things New England doesn't need a safety and we have a CFL bench player Heath starting for us.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This will be met with traction, and mind you I hated the trade initially, but Minkah joining this defense would have a similar impact as Amari Coooper last year.

Ducks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This will be met with traction, and mind you I hated the trade initially, but Minkah joining this defense would have a similar impact as Amari Coooper last year.

Ducks.

I think Dallas will be all over this one.. We’ll see what Miami is asking but this is a no brainer player to go get. I can’t believe it’s even possible really but Miami has screwed its up so bad that Minkah Fitzpatrick is somehow available!!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think Dallas will be all over this one.. We’ll see what Miami is asking but this is a no brainer player to go get. I can’t believe it’s even possible really but Miami has screwed its up so bad that Minkah Fitzpatrick is somehow available!!

Agreed. 22-year old players, selected 11th overall, with his collegiate accolades should not be available.

I think Taco would play well for Miami. He would absolutely get an opportunity there. We'd have to throw in significantly more value, but I would definitely try to involve Taco in the package.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agreed. 22-year old players, selected 11th overall, with his collegiate accolades should not be available.

I think Taco would play well for Miami. He would absolutely get an opportunity there. We'd have to throw in significantly more value, but I would definitely try to involve Taco in the package.

Here is what Saban thinks about Minkah.. High praise..

This is an opportunity a smart team should capitalize on. This is a Dallas move all the way. It’s perfect.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to ask why he isn't starting! Something is wrong if a pick was drafted that high and is riding the pine.
I was looking at their depth chart that shows him as a backup but he was listed as starting game 1.

They have 3 players listed as Safeties that were listed as starting game 1.

Fitzpatrick played Nickel CB in 2018 on the snaps that I reviewed.

I just saw a few snaps from 2019 but he appeared to be playing Safety.

I need to review the Dolphins game in detail.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was looking at their depth chart that shows him as a backup but he was listed as starting game 1.

They have 3 players listed as Safeties that were listed as starting game 1.

Fitzpatrick played Nickel CB in 2018 on the snaps that I reviewed.

I just saw a few snaps from 2019 but he appeared to be playing Safety.

I need to review the Dolphins game in detail.

He has centerfielder written all over him imo. This is an Earl Thomas type of guy that can be used as a corner in man situations.

I think convincing him to be that type of player is an easy sell too even though I keep hearing Corner..

We got a lot of DBs coming up in FA but this is a guy that has a long time left on his rookie deal.

Miami has screwed this up and I think Dallas has to capitalize and go get him for anything but a 1.

A 2nd rounder for this type of talent on a rookie deal would be a steal but I’m sure 31 other teams would give that up.

This has all of the elements to be a huge steal.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Minkah's "position" is similar to Honey Badger. You start him at safety but you line him up anywhere. He can do it all. Miami is being foolish and someone is going to take advantage of them.

I got a good feeling man.. I just randomly put it out there the other day now this?!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has centerfielder written all over him imo. This is an Earl Thomas type of guy that can be used as a corner in man situations.

I think convincing him to be that type of player is an easy sell too even though I keep hearing Corner..

We got a lot of DBs coming up in FA but this is a guy that has a long time left on his rookie deal.

Miami has screwed this up and I think Dallas has to capitalize and go get him for anything but a 1.

A 2nd rounder for this type of talent on a rookie deal would be a steal but I’m sure 31 other teams would give that up.

This has all of the elements to be a huge steal for us.
Based on his college game footage he looks like a modern era SS.

He was extremely aggressive as a tackler and played up near the line a significant percent of the time.

Some draft reports said he had played as a coverage LB on some snaps in college.

I watched a Dolphins game from 2018 with him at Nickel CB. He looked good in man coverage against WRs.

FS is all about the mental side and there is no way to really know if that's an issue for him.at the NFL level but my guess is that it might be his issue with the Dolphins.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Miami needs bodies. I would offer Taco, Anthony Brown, a 2020 3rd and a conditional 2021 pick (but would be willing to go higher).

Trading for Minkah would be a boss move by the Cowboys though. Sends a clear message they are serious about contending this year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I would trade a 2nd for Fitzpatrick EASILY. #11 overall pick just last year and has been looking like he would live up to the hype. This is basically like buying a top 10 draft pick at a half-off discount.

First.... ehh, maybe. I probably wouldn't with Xavier Woods in tow, but some team might. But a second? Who would you rather have, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Trystan Hill?

Batman1980

Reaction score
I would trade a 2nd for Fitzpatrick EASILY. #11 overall pick just last year and has been looking like he would live up to the hype. This is basically like buying a top 10 draft pick at a half-off discount.

Like getting Amari Cooper for a #27 pick and stealing him from the Eagles as a bonus?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea of what the cowboys thought of him going into the draft?

Zordon

Reaction score
Miami needs bodies. I would offer Taco, Anthony Brown, a 2020 3rd and a conditional 2021 pick (but would be willing to go higher).

Trading for Minkah would be a boss move by the Cowboys though. Sends a clear message they are serious about contending this year.
It not only helps this year but also helps with the FA situation in our secondary after this season. Cowboys really should jump on this b/c we're probably going to have to spend an early pick next on the secondary.

I just wish Jerry would let his nuts hang for once and stop being satisfied with being competitive every year. It's time to go for it all.