Dolphins Grant S Minkah Fitzpatrick Permission to Seek Trade **merged**

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. 22-year old players, selected 11th overall, with his collegiate accolades should not be available.

I think Taco would play well for Miami. He would absolutely get an opportunity there. We'd have to throw in significantly more value, but I would definitely try to involve Taco in the package.
Garrett is real tight with Saban

J12B

Reaction score
2020 2nd rounder and a 2021 5th rounder.

Get this deal done tomorrow front office

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
(trading high future pick for him) Not gonna happen, or they would have used their 1st on Thornton the safety if it was a priority.

Madzo

The Gunshow
Reaction score
Give up a 2nd and Taco and call it a deal. Former Jim Thorpe winner and 1st round pick. This would improve our odds for a Super Bowl run even more.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade a 2nd for Fitzpatrick EASILY. #11 overall pick just last year and has been looking like he would live up to the hype. This is basically like buying a top 10 draft pick at a half-off discount.

First.... ehh, maybe. I probably wouldn't with Xavier Woods in tow, but some team might. But a second? Who would you rather have, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Trystan Hill?
There is some reason that the Dolphins have soured on him. They have the same GM that picked him so it's not a house cleaning by a new GM.

If a Dolphins fan didn't know anything about Taco they would think he was worth a 2nd round pick. Taco was a 1st round pick and started 7 games last season.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Give up a 2nd and Taco and call it a deal. Former Jim Thorpe winner and 1st round pick. This would improve our odds for a Super Bowl run even more.

Only if he is a playmaking safety.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joel Segal is the agent.

Segal has asked the Dolphins to grant permission to him to seek a trade for Fitzpatrick. The Dolphins have agreed.

Madzo

The Gunshow
Reaction score
Only if he is a playmaking safety.
"Fitzpatrick will be a bargain for a team in need of a versatile defender that can play both safety and cornerback. According to OverTheCap.com's Jason Fitzgerald, Fitzpatrick has already received about 64 percent of his rookie contract, meaning that whoever trades for him will only owe him a little more than a third of his rookie deal.

The 6-foot-2, 202-pound defensive back starred at the University of Alabama prior to being drafted by the Dolphins. A two-time national champion, Fitzpatrick, a captain on Alabama's 2017 national championship team, was a unanimous All-American that season along with being the recipient of the Bednarik and Thorpe awards.

As a rookie, Fitzpatrick appeared in each of Miami's 16 games, making 11 starts. He recorded 80 tackles while intercepting two passes and breaking up nine more" - cbssports.com

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Kris Richard turned Byron Jones into a pro bowl player. I can only imagine what he could do with Fitzpatrick. Do it Jerry.