Dolphins Sign Byron Jones

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not surprised that Jones got $17 million. I figured he would get between $16 and $18 million. I think its a little high for him but Jerry gave Amari Cooper $20 million which to me is even more absurd. I read the Commanders offered Cooper even more money but he chose to stay in Dallas.

The Dolphins are being smart signing a few key free agents so they can use their 3 first round picks on key positions to build a team for the future.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brace yourselves for all of the Fan Boys telling us all how that 2021 compensatory 3rd round pick will be sooooooo valuable.

But yet if we paid him that much, the non-fan boys will be telling us how big of a mistake it was.
And yes, as of now we are up 2 - 0 on comp picks, Jones and Cobb. :muttley: All depends on the offset signings and if they are in the top 32 contracts though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He can count all that money season after season while he watches others continue in the post season.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not dropping further back in coverage with a few seconds remaining in the 2016 GB playoff game.

Ugh... dude said he was worried about Rodgers scrambling... with no time left...

One time he was on return coverage and instead of tackling the returner, he was just sprinting along side of him. @Haimerej, do you recall what game this was? That was pretty comical when you pointed it out.

Can't remember. I see he's a Dolphin now. Probably a good thing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brace yourselves for all of the Fan Boys telling us all how that 2021 compensatory 3rd round pick will be sooooooo valuable.
I was a big fan of Byron Jones as good player with good character but...

If I were a QB or OC I would just start throwing at him because it will either be a completion or will hit the ground.

I was not overly concerned about zero INTs per se, but eventually teams will start targeting him because it is a zero risk proposition.