Dolphins Sign Byron Jones

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not really.

He is a cornerback. You. Do. Not. Pay. Corners.

Go ask the Jets how they feel about paying Trumaine Johnson in a similar fashion.

I loathe the way that the Joneses do FA business, but this is one party they were right to skip.

You don't pay corners? What the hell are you talking about? LOL

This isn't running backs we are talking about. Think Bills aren't upset for not keeping Gilmore? How about Seattle with Sherman? How about Green Bay with Hayward? Think Broncos regret paying Chris Harris? I guess Patriots should have let McCourty go years ago as well lol

Man, some of you are Jerry lites.

TheViper7

Reaction score
Did I miss something down the line here the past 5 years? How is Byron Jones worth even half this much money? Seriously. Just because he has some sort of a rep from a really good 2018 playoff season? That's it. That's really all he's got. And by the way he had a tendency to get beat deep quiet often as well. The dude has basically covered TEs one on one most his career . He has like 2 or 3 career ints. One was a hail Mary, the other he caught as a safety when the ball was tipped in the air. As a pure cover corner the dude never EVER got an int covering his man.
But don't get me wrong I like Byron Jones. I wished we kept him.

John813

Reaction score
Boy a duo of Howard and Jones is a good 1-2. Howard can play the ball and Jones can shutdown a side. Pricey, but they are going to get a rookie QB so they can spread that "35mil cap hit" around to other spots.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Did I miss something down the line here the past 5 years? How is Byron Jones worth even half this much money? Seriously. Just because he has some sort of a rep from a really good 2018 playoff season? That's it. That's really all he's got. And by the way he had a tendency to get beat deep quiet often as well. The dude has basically covered TEs one on one most his career . He has like 2 or 3 career ints. One was a hail Mary, the other he caught as a safety when the ball was tipped in the air. As a pure cover corner the dude never EVER got an int covering his man.
But don't get me wrong I like Byron Jones. I wished we kept him.
Bingo. 2 ints in his career and both were not intended for the player he was covering. His stats are skewed because he didn't follow the teams #1 WR and chido got picked on along with our LBs in coverage. When Byron was thrown at his numbers were very far from elite. Closer to the above average category. Dueces Byron. @QuincyCarterEra you ok my g?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Imagine saying Jones covers once in a while and being an active enough fan of the Cowboys to sign up on a fan forum.

This is a certain kind of special.

Hope all of you enjoyed us trading Zeke for Jones. Height of stupidity by this FO.

Venture to guess which player’s team has more success moving forward?

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’ll never forgive him how he FLOPPED to make a tackle against *insert random Broncos RB at the time* when he was coming right at him when we were getting blown out (2017?)

Showed me all I needed to know he had zero heart to stand up and be a difference maker on the defensive side and was just playing the part