Don’t judge your opinion based off media scouts

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Don’t base your opinion of if a pick was good or bad based on media scouts. When the scouts that are saying a pick was bad because they’ve never heard of him shows they’re not a reliable source. None of the players that have been drafted are hard to find. All have been power 5 starters so far. So they’ve been on tapes of at least watching for other prospects and it’s not like they have no talent at all.

also remember the teams have so much more information than the media does especially when it comes to injury/work ethic, etc.

To me it doesn’t sound like they’ve got more than 2 starters next year, but we don’t know until at least the preseason games start.

So I don’t think anyone should jump for joy but realistically I don’t think aside from getting a FS, there’s many other picks that would have had a day 1 impact. If they get a 1T today I’d be thrilled.

If they just get more OTs, then at least that kicks Steele/Knight/etc off the team.

Also remember only the next two picks in the 4th round should even be hoped for to contribute. Anyone 5th round or later is lucky to even make the team.
Sensible and perceptive. I like the media scouts and think they do a good job. But we have to take it for what it is. They do not have the resources and information required to cover every base. They just don't.

We also have to remember the particular challenges of this draft season. Even the clubs had limited information. How would any media scout be able to overcome those challenges? They can't.

Time will tell how the draft went, but I'm amused by some of the fan reactions. Both Brooks and Jeremiah, for instance, guys with experience in the league, loved Parsons.

Joseph is Uber talented. There is a gamble on his character and outside interests. But he excelled in the SEC.

The two third round DL are highly regarded and stood out at the Senior Bowl. The corner was no mystery to NFL teams. The fact the media guys didn't find him is on them.

The later round picks are viable prospects who fit the Cowboys' system.

The draft, on the surface, was fine. Time will tell how it works out. But the opinions of the media guys don't mean much at all -- positive or negative.