Video: Donovan Wilson, we see you, young man

Techsass

Reaction score
If the refs had called that correctly we would have lost the game but I’ve been told over and over that bs penalties or missed calls don’t matter unless they happen late in the 4th quarter. Perhaps I should start a thread about it and see where all the whiners from last week are. Hmmmmm...
They matter, but the bad calls against us + the calls that don't get called against our opponents have reached such epic proportions that we are OK when we get away with something.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He played the best first half of Safety football I've seen in Dallas in a loooong time. Doesn't mean much if it doesn't happen a few times over. He got burned in the second half a couple times but he was better than Woods/Heath. all of them for two quarters. I'll take it after all these years of horrid play at that position. Safety is my favorite position. I want to see someone succeed.

You sure? Per board Jeff H. was Charlie Waters.

aria

Reaction score
every time a good qb gets sacked or tackled for a loss he thinks a flag should be thrown. every time a good wr can't hold the ball, he thinks a flag should be thrown. those two positions are the biggest whiners in football.
You did see the play? It was a clear helmet to helmet and if that had happened to us there would be a 10 page thread by now how Goodell and the refs hate us, it never happens to other teams, we can’t beat the refs, wah, wah, wah.

We got 7 points off a horribly missed call. That’s cool, I get it, it happens to all teams. I just wanted to point it out to all the cry baby whiners from last week and every other time we get a bad call or missed call.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
He flashed in the first half. Making Cook have to sit and take a breather was impressive.

aria

Reaction score
They matter, but the bad calls against us + the calls that don't get called against our opponents have reached such epic proportions that we are OK when we get away with something.
Ridiculous. Where do you want to start? How about the Goff face mask that wasn’t called that resulted in an INT that resulted in points for us? What about the Donald hold? Too many men in the huddle against Atlanta? Helmet to helmet against Minn that resulted in us getting a TD? Should we keep going?

Techsass

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Where do you want to start? How about the Goff face mask that wasn’t called that resulted in an INT that resulted in points for us? What about the Donald hold? Too many men in the huddle against Atlanta? Helmet to helmet against Minn that resulted in us getting a TD? Should we keep going?
How about 6 games without a single holding call against the other team? How about 12 men in the huddle at a critical moment that the league apologized for the next day? How about 2 tripping calls that neither ever happened?
I know it happens to everybody, but I see game changing screwups too often against the Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
How about 6 games without a single holding call against the other team? How about 12 men in the huddle at a critical moment that the league apologized for the next day? How about 2 tripping calls that neither ever happened?
I know it happens to everybody, but I see game changing screwups too often against the Cowboys.
Oh, you want to go back that far? How about the non PI call against Hitchins, or the non call personal foul against Dez, or the non holding call against Hitchins? We would have never even been in the Dez non catch playoff game vs GB if the refs didn’t give us the Detroit game.

I have plenty more, lets keep going.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He played the best first half of Safety football I've seen in Dallas in a loooong time. Doesn't mean much if it doesn't happen a few times over. He got burned in the second half a couple times but he was better than Woods/Heath. all of them for two quarters. I'll take it after all these years of horrid play at that position. Safety is my favorite position. I want to see someone succeed.
After seeing Woods drop that sure INT to end the game on 4th down I want his *** gone. He sucks and I can’t believe this team still trots him out there. Wilson is 2X the safety he is.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Did you ever stop to think that maybe that’s because you don’t watch any other team in the league the way you do the Cowboys. Unless you want to now claim you’re emotionally invested in each Bengals game the way you are the Cowboys.

stiletto

Reaction score
After seeing Woods drop that sure INT to end the game on 4th down I want his *** gone. He sucks and I can’t believe this team still trots him out there. Wilson is 2X the safety he is.

Yeah I said something in the game thread about that. More like a "LOL" at the futility....give me a guy that at least "tries above and beyond" to make the most of his opportunities any day of the week. Woods is a bum...

Beaker42

Reaction score
DWil-2xx.gif

Refs didn't see nuthin' here, lol.

DWil-1xx.gif
He should’ve started last season after preseason he had. But NOOOOOOO. The former jag coaches kept throwing Woods out there even though he sucks.
I don’t want the Chiefs to win tonight but I don’t want Rod to succeed either. I hope the doosh loses every other game for the Raiders after tonight.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wilson is a S the Cowboys loved all along. It's taken a couple of years as expected but he is slowly making an impact. Can't wait to see him next September. Could be a pretty good player. That being said, I'm still wanting the Cowboys to draft a S in the 2nd or 3rd round and another one late.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2021 secondary :

CB1: Caleb Farley, 2021 1st round pick
CB2: Diggs
CB3: Robinson (you pick which one)
CB4: Maurice Canady
S1: Justin Simmons, Free Agent (find a way!)
S2: Wilson
S3: Bubba Bolden, 2021 3rd round pick

I left off Anthony Brown because he stinks out loud. I realize he will be back because this FO wants him to be successful.

Techsass

Reaction score
Oh, you want to go back that far? How about the non PI call against Hitchins, or the non call personal foul against Dez, or the non holding call against Hitchins? We would have never even been in the Dez non catch playoff game vs GB if the refs didn’t give us the Detroit game.

I have plenty more, lets keep going.
And I am perfectly OK with all of that. Sometimes the situation just sucks and their makeup calls don't really fix what they screwed up.

I just think the refs shouldn't be allowed to make game changing mistakes without it effecting them personally somehow. You make a team lose - you should get suspended for a game. You knock a team out of the playoffs - you're barred from officiating playoffs for 3 years, etc.