Don't expect a discount from Dak Prescott

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, we have.

You already know the OC is going to get blamed. It's just a matter of when. :p

I just hope Dak proves us all wrong and excels.

And if he does, you can forget getting him signed for $20 mil, maybe even $25 mil, more like $27-28 mil...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The tag is predicated on an average of the top 5 salaries at the position. So some were already making more.

Yes Cern and because of getting the average of the top five QB's it elevated his contract and then by doing it a second time it raised it up even higher and far beyond his skills and worth. Cousins first tag got him 55 times what he made on his last year of his rookie contract and then the second tag ran his worth even higher, well beyond his worth. Because the vikings were foolish enough and hard up enough to do what they did doesn't make it a smart move.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I guarantee you he has more sense to TRY to associate different issues because it's so easy to dismiss it when actual logic is used. With your logic he'll also bring up Rodger's contract to after all that's a whopper too. Please stop trying to be a cross between a GM and an agent because you not good at either.
wow...touchy. Listen stop attacking the messenger. ANY AGENT worth his salt is going to leverage that asinine deal Cousins extorted from Minny and use it to help his client. Its a fact.I never said you must agree with me. Lighten up.. None of us are experts,but history says, what I said will be in play. Have a cookie and chillax. ;)

silvrNblue

Reaction score
And, here is the bottom line here, it's nonya business how much he gets or doesn't get paid. meaning we can all have an opinion, but at the end of the day, it's not anyones decision but the team's and Dak's agent and Dak. If JJ make's a mistake as we have all seen him do so very well in the past and over pay, there's not a damn thing any of us can do but type out our disappointment's on the forums.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I like Prescott but I'm not comfortable giving him a contract. He is a player that has to have pieces around him to succeed. We've explained this many times. You can say all players need good players around them to succeed, but there is a difference in the SOURCE in why you succeed. Dak isnt the source of why we succeed. The Source is Zeke. That's why all teams try to stop him first and let Dak beat them. That's your CLEAR answer right there. When you have a leak in your faucet you look for the source to fix it. When defenses plan for the cowboys they want to stop Zeke not Dak. Why is that because EVERYONE sees you are not the SOURCE of why the cowboys succeed. You dont pay a QB top money like aaron Rodgers unless you are a SOURCE of winning QB. I have to define Source of winning qb some more. It doesnt mean your team IS winning , it just means you are the Source or what other teams focus on stopping when they play your team. Again I didnt say your team IS winning. Cause you'll try to bring up a stat of how many games "Dak" has won. Yes he is the qb on the team when winning BUT he isnt the source of the winning which means he isnt the one other teams focus on stopping when they play the cowboys. Let's say a qb got paid big money and they aren't a qb who is their teams source of winning. Well we dont need to copy foolishness. We have alot of talent and we can just draft another qb and just groom him to be our next QB. They aren't easy to find but you can find a candidate that with time may become a solid qb like dak is with all the tools we have.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I like Prescott but I'm not comfortable giving him a contract. He is a player that has to have pieces around him to succeed. We've explained this many times. You can say all players need good players around them to succeed, but there is a difference in the SOURCE in why you succeed. Dak isnt the source of why we succeed. The Source is Zeke. That's why all teams try to stop him first and let Dak beat them. That's your CLEAR answer right there. When you have a leak in your faucet you look for the source to fix it. When defenses plan for the cowboys they want to stop Zeke not Dak. Why is that because EVERYONE sees you are not the SOURCE of why the cowboys succeed. You dont pay a QB top money like aaron Rodgers unless you are a SOURCE of winning QB. I have to define Source of winning qb some more. It doesnt mean your team IS winning , it just means you are the Source or what other teams focus on stopping when they play your team. Again I didnt say your team IS winning. Cause you'll try to bring up a stat of how many games "Dak" has won. Yes he is the qb on the team when winning BUT he isnt the source of the winning which means he isnt the one other teams focus on stopping when they play the cowboys. Let's say a qb got paid big money and they aren't a qb who is their teams source of winning. Well we dont need to copy foolishness. We have alot of talent and we can just draft another qb and just groom him to be our next QB. They aren't easy to find but you can find a candidate that with time may become a solid qb like dak is with all the tools we have.

So, what your saying is, no other team has "that" player teams line up to stop, and so they win anyway? Am I reading you right, cause if so, then again, take the I can't stand Dak Prescott malarkey to the "We hate DP" forums....you act as if Zeke singlehandedly won all the games these past 3 years. I have news for you ole boy, no matter how you go about disguising your "hate dak" post, it's very obvious even to the most dim witted where your going. Appreantly, you were stuffing your face with popcorn and beer to the point you blacked out before games end... cause if you add up all of Zekes TD's this season, there ain't no way in hell HE scored all the points and carried the team to victories. Good grief :facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Aikman had "to have pieces around him" ...so whats the difference?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So, what your saying is, no other team has "that" player teams line up to stop, and so they win anyway? Am I reading you right, cause if so, then again, take the I can't stand Dak Prescott malarkey to the "We hate DP" forums....you act as if Zeke singlehandedly won all the games these past 3 years. I have news for you ole boy, no matter how you go about disguising your "hate dak" post, it's very obvious even to the most dim witted where your going. Appreantly, you were stuffing your face with popcorn and beer to the point you blacked out before games end... cause if you add up all of Zekes TD's this season, there ain't no way in hell HE scored all the points and carried the team to victories. Good grief :facepalm:
^^^that^^^ IS gospel truth.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not a fan of Prescott, at all, but objectively speaking if he got a contract of £21 million a year then that would be fair given the current market.
Andy Dalton got something like £16 million back in 2014 so given it rises every year I think £21 million is about par for a bus driver with wheels.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why post this rubbish on here? This isn't even Dak Prescott's tweeter account. All this does is fuel the flames for any who don't take the time to go see it's a fake *** account by some moron who thinks he's being cute.
SeparateCrazyBallpython-size_restricted.gif

If someone actually thinks that is his account, then they deserve to be laughed at.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
wow...touchy. Listen stop attacking the messenger. ANY AGENT worth his salt is going to leverage that asinine deal Cousins extorted from Minny and use it to help his client. Its a fact.I never said you must agree with me. Lighten up.. None of us are experts,but history says, what I said will be in play. Have a cookie and chillax. ;)

All agents use SIMILAR situations to leverage teams but a agent worth his salt won't try to use something that would be so easily rebutted and lose any credibility and/or bargaining power he might have. If Prescott's agents tries the Cousins deal the Cowboys will say we have this guy because his agent doesn't know what he's going. Like I said before if Prescott's agent would use that then he might as well use Rodgers contract and we all know he won't bring that up either. Why not bring up every QB's salary - why - because most have little or no connection with Prescott by either more years experience or more playoff wins or more Super Bowl appearances. Agents negotiate from strengths not by throwing just any larger contract willy nilly that have no connection to the player he's representing. Lastly again Prescott was quoted as saying that his contract will be fair for everyone. That surely dosn't sound like a long drawn out bank breaking contract.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I don't hate Dak. I actually think Dallas could win big with him as QB. That said, he has to have a better team around him than the top QB's do in order to accomplish that.

I don't care what is fair or not fair. Just because Dalton or someone got a big contract it doesn't make it so that giving a QB of that level that much money is good for your franchise. All I care about is how well the Cowboys do. A contract for more than $20m per year for Dak Prescott would be crippling for the Cowboys and make it near impossible to put a championship level team around him.

I throw up in my mouth a little at the thought of the Cowboys letting good offensive linemen or defenders go because they are giving that much to Dak.