Don't expect a discount from Dak Prescott

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
LMAO, please show me where Aikman or Romo ever commented on salary negotiations. Romo even deflected the question asked about what Booger said about him playing behind the OL.

Prescott just needs to shut up and spend more time on the basics and fundamentals of passing.
Don't kid yourself Aikman was about the money too. He became the highest paid NFL player on his 2nd contract and had a clause in his contract that he would remain one of the highest paid players in the league throughout the contract. Even as an announcer, he's still about the money. He's openly talked about wanting more money especially after hearing what was offered to Manning.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No i meant what i wrote.
Ok, so you're saying this is Dak's last year in the league then, unless he gets a franchise tag. I guess even that is a one year contract....not even that.
Got it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ok, so you're saying this is Dak's last year in the league then, unless he gets a franchise tag. I guess even that is a one year contract....not even that.
Got it.

I said he wont get a second contract. Second contracts are considered long terms. Not FTs. FTs are not considered as contracts in the common way.

He will get maybe a backup longterm contract. But not one as a starter. Whoever gives him one ,well ..... I wouldnt do it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing Prescott needs to do is ignore idiot fans that only refer to the HOF Owner as Booger.
Was he paying attention? And I didn't always refer to him as Booger, only after the opening of Booger's Big Top and him on the Boogertron mining for gold. Prior to that, he was OSF, Ole Sphincter Face. Which do you think he'd prefer? One of the few people that could get a facelift and people couldn't pick the before and after. One of his grandkids is still undergoing shock therapy.

Are you going to start using that HOF Owner thingy the way Buck does with Aikman? Oh, I hope not.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He didn’t win me over with those comments. He clearly lacks self awareness. If Jerry pays him like a top tier QB this team will be doomed and another generation of star players will be wasted.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I’m guessing he is already getting signs from the franchise that they are going to low ball him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't kid yourself Aikman was about the money too. He became the highest paid NFL player on his 2nd contract and had a clause in his contract that he would remain one of the highest paid players in the league throughout the contract. Even as an announcer, he's still about the money. He's openly talked about wanting more money especially after hearing what was offered to Manning.
Not the point, they all want money. He didn't talk about it with the media when he was a player. Romo was about the money too but he didn't discuss that.

The point was about not discussing things of that nature in the media. We all know it's a mercenary sport but too much money talk serves as a reminder and takes away from the game. Prescott should go for every dime he can get as they all do, that is the loyalty in pro sports.

Best for all of them, but particularly QB's, to stay out of that money talk, not good for the image. Back when Flacco played out his contract, he made the mistake of saying he didn't want to take so much that it caused the team to have to let some players go off the defending SB team. He took 20M and that is exactly what they had to do and a lot of those fans remember that so when Lamar Jackson got drafted and then took his job, not a wet eye in BAL.

It is fine to be all about the money because that is what the NFL is all about, just don't be too public about it. Some fans want to hold onto their illusions of loyalty.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m guessing he is already getting signs from the franchise that they are going to low ball him.
I assume that a lot of these guys follow their agents' lead but some will talk out of school or emotionally.

And I do not underestimate the Cowboys FO doing anything to get a deal. I think there was some fire to that smoke about that mystery parking lot video of Dez Bryant when he was coming up for a new deal. Not saying it was Booger, but I believe that came from within that office. Just as I believe the reliable source is still in that FO.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
16 mil a year is good for dak but Im Guessing theyll give him 20.

Number1

Reaction score
That's fine. I'm good with playing out the contract this year and franchise tagging him in 2020. Just like with the coach, let's let this thing play out.

barring the unforeseen ... this FO has built a Dak friendly O (coaches and players) and intend to sign him long term

but here's the thing, the sooner you sign him to long term deal the lower the price

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's fine. I'm good with playing out the contract this year and franchise tagging him in 2020. Just like with the coach, let's let this thing play out.

I think he holds out in that case.

I'd split the difference. 1 year extension, franchise tag value, but give him half the money up front this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
barring the unforeseen ... this FO has built a Dak friendly O (coaches and players) and intend to sign him long term

but here's the thing, the sooner you sign him to long term deal the lower the price

Not based on his comments, it isn't. Nor do I think it would be signing him to $20 million-plus a year right now.

Under my scenario, I've got him under contract for the next two years for roughly $33 million with a 2020 franchise tag. Compare that to $40 million at a minimum for the next two years, and likely far more guaranteed. That's to my team's advantage and I would use it. Then I can decide whether he makes the big guaranteed money two years from now or whether I tag him again.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It's clear from the article that he's gunning for the big money. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

From the article:

Prescott doesn’t see Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s team-friendly deal, for which he made just $15 million last season, as a blueprint for his own.

Nobody’s wife makes as much money as his wife does either,” Prescott said of Brady’s supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen, who earned $10 million in 2018 and $17.5 million in 2017, per reports. “When Tom Brady isn’t the breadwinner in the home, then that’s a great problem to have."

So in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it.”

I think the team knows how to pay what’s deserved,” Prescott told USA TODAY Sports before the Super Bowl, “and pay those other people at the same time what’s deserved without being frugal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-dak-prescott-contract-extension/2806080002/

Go home Dak, you're drunk.

Silly

Reaction score
Let him play another year with a new OC and see if he can earn a big contract. Don't forget the abysmal 2017 season and the agonizingly slow start in 2018. Big time QBs don't need to rely on their RB to win games.