Don't expect a discount from Dak Prescott

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Agree, another point is that Brady did the "discount" contracts after he had made something like 150 Million in salary and likely more than that in endorsement deals.

Also the restructures are to the players advantage and its not doing the team a favor when the player does it. If you can get 12 Million up front the time value of money is almost twice the amount of getting twelve checks monthly for one million each.

Bingo. Hopefully he said it in jest but Brady already had three rings before he even married Gisele.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Bottle up your DELICIOUS tears for me when we sign him, will you?
How mutch are you pitchin in. lol why don't you start a go fund me. Some how i doubt those endorsement deals in Jacksonville will be that good.

Them

Reaction score
...Dak was a 4th round pick....came in and took over the team by default...played for peanuts and did a pretty good job...incentives gave him some extra money also...Now it's his turn for some $$$...either this season or next...whatever!

cern

Reaction score
The only thing Prescott needs to do is ignore idiot fans that only refer to the HOF Owner as Booger.
Butch, bubba, boo and booger are classic southern nicknames. A piece of americana, if you will.

cern

Reaction score
Economics 101 lesson------it's always about the money.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Why would anyone, including the Cowboys, expect a discount? Has he not shown up for every game and done what was asked of him? Has he not led the team?

It is not about his value as a by product of the values of other QB's like Bortles, Garropolo, Cousins, and certainly not Brady with 18 years in the league. It is about his value to the Cowboys and with the single job most tied to confidence in the game, trying to get a discount for any reason, other than injury history, is a bad move.

The problem with this situation is that the Joneses shot their mouths off early in the season about extending him instead of playing their cards close to the vest and stating it was premature and he is under an existing contract. The very thing that Booger is using now against a Garrett extension.

Just how is that value to the Cowboys established? Records are tied to HC's and QB's. Prescott is 33-18 with 2 division crowns and a 2nd place in 3 seasons. Nobody cares about passing stats or titles, just the record. Does he win?

The other side of this is what else is available? It is a supply and demand situation with QB's and not every team can have a Brady and they're not likely to get his replacement in this draft. It is very likely that he's going to get a deal that is going to piss off a lot of posters here because the Cowboys have a history of blinking.

Another thing most of us agree with is that they're going to have to build a strong team around him? And that's bad because? We saw how it went when they were Romo dependent and the two best QB's in team history, what kind of teams did they have around them?
This is the problem. What you call a discount someone else calls a fair wage. It's just you're opinion.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Butch, bubba, boo and booger are classic southern nicknames. A piece of americana, if you will.

I grew up in Midland. I had childhood friends with birth certificate names of Hoss and Bubba. He is using it as perjorative.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dont expect him to find a 2nd contract in the NFL.
Then you are nuts. He may not get as much as he would like, but to suggest he might not get a 2nd contract at all makes no sense.

MaaS

Reaction score
Well, if anyone expected Dak to sign for 15 million a year, they're delusional. He'd be a fool to take that.

If we don't extend him before this season, we'll have gotten four years of a starting QB for something like 6 million. He hasn't complained once. I have a ton of respect for Dak.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Am I the only one that read the end of that line in the voice of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes?... lol