Don't Forget Daunte Fowler

Beaker42

Reaction score
While everyone is focused on Parsons, Lawrence, and S. Williams. Fowler is no slouch and with other rushers getting attention Fowler might surprise. Watch his highlights Fowler still has good speed off the edge.
If he does anything for this team I’ll be surprised. Bargain bin battler.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think it depends on how well everyone else plays. If the team plays well, I think Fowler can be a benefactor himself and contribute. If the team doesn't play well, I don't think he's the kind of guy to step it up and take the game into his own hands like Parsons. But if all other cylinders are firing on our defense, I think Fowler can chip in and our line will be like rotating hungry hippos.

Like speed says, he won't be the focal point of any offense, so we can maybe even move him around and have packages with Fowler, Parsons and Williams all on the field at the same time.

I think we need to keep as many lineman as we can keep though. We can't forget about playing the run and our 1st and 2nd down guys.

Last edited:

Croomraider

Reaction score
I love the addition of Fowler Jr. Former #3 pick overall at 6'3. He had an 11.5 sack season in 2019, that's not long ago. He really could explode this year or at least just add depth to a good pass rush.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I love the addition of Fowler Jr. Former #3 pick overall at 6'3. He had an 11.5 sack season in 2019, that's not long ago. He really could explode this year or at least just add depth to a good pass rush.

This year's number one priority should be getting bigger, faster and stronger in the middle of the defensive line. If that means they have to keep less WR, then they should do it. If it means they should only keep two QBs, they should do it.

Whatever it takes. Get better at stopping the run, get bigger and stronger in the middle.

I'm hoping Odiggy brings his A game in 2022.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Gallimore
Osa
Golston
Ridgeway
Watkins/Bo

@Pass2Run you don't trust the bolded guys to get it done at NT?

The more I think about it, the more I think Ridgeway may be able to make an impact year 1. I especially like Gallimore. Watkins is a good player. But I'm not sold on Bohanna.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fowler is mid-level player. He's not solving our pass rush problems.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
While everyone is focused on Parsons, Lawrence, and S. Williams. Fowler is no slouch and with other rushers getting attention Fowler might surprise. Watch his highlights Fowler still has good speed off the edge.
Hope he has something left.
We really need the pass rush to replace Randy's production.