Twitter: Don't know how accurate but for those who like numbers

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don’t know how these numbers are calculated.

Must be a messed up process considering how often Dak throws horrible passes behind his receivers though. It must be much more than other QB’s in the NFL.

Dak's completion percentage is actually 69.6 percent right now. Still quite good, but I'm not sure what type of passes have him over 76 percent.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What exactly are they measuring in these stats? Are they determining accuracy by a radius of the target WR?

Maybe it's "accuracy" and not completion percentage.

There's so much "next-gen" stats going around these days I think they're over-complicating the game. Any QB accuarcy list that has Marcus Mariota fourth deserves second guessing in my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe it's "accuracy" and not completion percentage.

There's so much "next-gen" stats going around these days I think they're over-complicating the game. Any QB accuarcy list that has Marcus Mariota fourth deserves second guessing in my opinion.
Oh it's definitely accuracy, not completion percentage. I'm just wondering how they determine accuracy when they don't necessarily know where the receiver is supposed to be.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Oh it's definitely accuracy, not completion percentage. I'm just wondering how they determine accuracy when they don't necessarily know where the receiver is supposed to be.

Maybe they just go back and see how many times the QB made an accurate throw but the receiver tipped it or dropped it. That would tell us a lot, but like you said, they have no idea if the receiver botched his route.

willia451

Reaction score
Just looking at the stats. You would think the Cowboys-GB game would have been very competitive with Dallas getting the win.

It was not competitive. And Dallas lost badly.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I believe he said the stats are depth adjusted. Seems more like Fantasy football stats.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak #1

The Goat #10

Analytics nerds lose again

These stats attempt to determine the accuracy of certain throws so far this season. They are not determining which players are better than the other. A quarterback can throw two yard dump off passes all game and go 100 percent passing.

I don't think anybody is trying to suggest Dak is better than Brady based on these stats. However, they are useful in proving Dak isn't as inaccurate as his detractors believe.