Twitter: Don't know how accurate but for those who like numbers

Ken

Reaction score
I don’t know how these numbers are calculated.

Must be a messed up process considering how often Dak throws horrible passes behind his receivers though. It must be much more than other QB’s in the NFL.
That is correct.

Other qb's are throwing behind wrs way more than dak. They are also airmailing way over a wrs head.

All some of you have to do is watch some other games and maybe you would appreciate what we have at qb.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He fairly accurate until pressured, then he turns into Don Knotts in the shakiest gun in the west.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh but when they suit your case the deniers are fully ready to embrace them
when? and since you say deniers, the believers keep pointing to a single stat and ignore all others.

the argument I have made all along, that you can't take a look at a single stat to make a determination. for Gawd's sake Flacco is on top of that list as well. and Mariotta!!! you have to look across all the stats and understand it as a whole.

Dre11

Reaction score
Like every year, the only stat line I care about is playoff victories. So all of you guys that are loving Dak's stats just remember how many Superbowls hall of famer Dan Marino won.

Exactly and he's in the HOF. So the Super Bowl standard for any individual player is ridiculous.

EGTuna

Reaction score
It's just one measurable. CIan is open about this as he's not "ranking" QBs. His accuracy calc is weighted so that longer throws that are accurate carry more weight (depth adjusted accuracy). it's absolutely NOT completion percentage nor is it to be taken as "This guy is at the top and better than all the guys below him." It's. Just. One. Measurable.

The team lost two straight because of self-inflicted mistakes on offense (not just by Dak, but certainly he's not blameless), and a defense that had trouble getting off the field (even though holding NO to 12, the Saints held the ball for 36 minutes).

The self-inflicted mistakes (penalties, sacks, fumbles, interceptions) are a systemic problem since mid 2017. Even in victories during the 2nd half of last season, and the beginning of this season, there were not a lot of "clean" drives. I don't know what they should do to fix this. Coaching? Practice habits? Better mental prep? It's MADDENING.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Like every year, the only stat line I care about is playoff victories. So all of you guys that are loving Dak's stats just remember how many Superbowls hall of famer Dan Marino won.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls, so obviously they were better than Dan Marino. :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe winning a Super Bowl is a TEAM accomplishment and not something that can be won by a single player?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Dak #1

The Goat #10

Analytics nerds lose again

Did I miss an announcement that 2019 stats are now lifetime achievement awards? Brady hasn't played like an elite QB thus far this year (hasn't had to either with their defense) let alone at a GOAT level.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dak has been playing well, despite bad luck. Refs, fumbles, tip-balls, penalties... etc. Bad luck is real, lets just hope it found its way away from Dallas starting with Jets.

starfan1

Reaction score
when? and since you say deniers, the believers keep pointing to a single stat and ignore all others.

the argument I have made all along, that you can't take a look at a single stat to make a determination. for Gawd's sake Flacco is on top of that list as well. and Mariotta!!! you have to look across all the stats and understand it as a whole.
I don't believe that believers point at a single stat because dak has been at or near the top in more than 1 category. They don't ignore others but I agree that believers will also use it to enforce their arguments. lets face it more than anything else its about preference and if you dont prefer a particular player then you will use stats to enforce your point and same can be said of the opposite. You are a denier because you can be sen consistently arguing in dak threads how much he sucks. But i have seen you occasionally say good things as well you are not an over the top deniers such as some of the others on this site. I am a believer in dak and Im glad Romo is gone because he was unreliable and jerry's dumbutt formed a team that was so dependent on him and didnt get a viable back up that it cost the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't believe that believers point at a single stat because dak has been at or near the top in more than 1 category. They don't ignore others but I agree that believers will also use it to enforce their arguments. lets face it more than anything else its about preference and if you dont prefer a particular player then you will use stats to enforce your point and same can be said of the opposite. You are a denier because you can be sen consistently arguing in dak threads how much he sucks. But i have seen you occasionally say good things as well you are not an over the top deniers such as some of the others on this site. I am a believer in dak and Im glad Romo is gone because he was unreliable and jerry's dumbutt formed a team that was so dependent on him and didnt get a viable back up that it cost the team.
not looking at this year, he has been on top part of the list in some stats, he has been in the middle in other categories and he has been in the bottom in a few. its looking at the whole body of the work....not just the ones that fit your narrative.

starfan1

Reaction score
not looking at this year, he has been on top part of the list in some stats, he has been in the middle in other categories and he has been in the bottom in a few. its looking at the whole body of the work....not just the ones that fit your narrative.
why not look at this year that what were in. Most of the supporters knew or know he had or has some deficiencies but deniers rarely acknowledge he has improved on them. Alot of them are former Romo lovers some are not. Regardless some is just they don't want him here and everything is his fault.

He plays QB and because of that hell get more blame than he deserves and more praise than he deserves but this place is over the top on him IMO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
why not look at this year that what were in. Most of the supporters knew or know he had or has some deficiencies but deniers rarely acknowledge he has improved on them. Alot of them are former Romo lovers some are not. Regardless some is just they don't want him here and everything is his fault.

He plays QB and because of that hell get more blame than he deserves and more praise than he deserves but this place is over the top on him IMO.
I have acknowledged that he has improved, see any of my previous posts on Dak's improvements. his footwork, as a result his accuracy and getting rid of the ball a little sooner since he now seems to trust himself more. he is still a work in progress. his off season work is not "innate" and he still has tendency to revert back when pressured, but that's normal and to be expected. I still don't put him at elite level, but arrow is pointing up.

starfan1

Reaction score
I have acknowledged that he has improved, see any of my previous posts on Dak's improvements. his footwork, as a result his accuracy and getting rid of the ball a little sooner since he now seems to trust himself more. he is still a work in progress. his off season work is not "innate" and he still has tendency to revert back when pressured, but that's normal and to be expected. I still don't put him at elite level, but arrow is pointing up.
agreed the sack he took was costly last week and I dont consider him elite either but i also didnt consider our previous QB elite I want to ride with him just as i had to ride with previous QB despite both of their flaws

Qcard

Reaction score
That is correct.

Other qb's are throwing behind wrs way more than dak. They are also airmailing way over a wrs head.

All some of you have to do is watch some other games and maybe you would appreciate what we have at qb.
Trust me they don't....if most fans watched other QBs they'd appreciate what we have in Dak. But it fairly obvious there's a segment of Dak haters whose dislike is not formulated from his QB play... some it's because he hijacked Romo's team... others its the bowtie smh