Don't recall a power ranking this ridiculous!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2414686 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/11/12/week.11/index.html?bcnn=yes

Yes, we're emerging from a slump.

But . . . 22nd?

Behind such powers as the Broncs, the Dolts, the Dollphins, the Eagles, THE BUCS, Jets, Ravens, THE SAINTS, and Bills??????

Dr. Z needs some rehab.

The national media is in pile on mode when it comes to Cowboys reportage.

Every miscue is exaggerated. Every mistake is blown up to immense proportion. Every word is dissected and scrutinized for double, triple, and even quadruple meaning. Lofty expectations are a double edged sword.

The media will continue in this manner until the Cowboys begin winning again or the season ends.

zekecee

When Posting...Please Use Caution
Reaction score
I am one of the biggest Cowboys fan walking the planet...but until we get back to our BRAND of winning, I am ok with ranking...for what its worth.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How can someone who daily creates at least one new gripe thread about this team be surprised they're ranked low?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
They can pile on us now all they want. We take care of business and say win our nest five games, we'll be ranked #1 again.

I know it's trivial. But I picked 5 games for a reason.

NFL coaches and players vote for the pro-bowl after the 14th game.

Winning the next 5 puts us at 10-4 with the last win coming against current favorite, the Giants. Not of the realm of possibilities that we could also be tied with them at that point.

Under this senario you can be sure we'd rank 1,2 or 3 in every poll and end up with 8 plus PB invites.

Does any of that matter? Kinda, sorta, maybe. It could be a nice boost to these players who've taken a lot of heat.

More important to me is that it would really tick-off all the Cowboy haters.:)

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
...didn't we lose to the 26th ranked team?

Or did I dream it?

kramskoi

Reaction score
22nd sounds about right, as Football Outsiders has them at #23...according to them Dallas projects to 8-8 with a less than 3% chance of obtaining one of the two wildcard berths. Why? The second toughest schedule [next to the Giants] over the second half of the season.

One thing we know for certain. If the Cowboys make it to the postseason it will come on the heels of the toughest stretch of games in recent memory.

Offense, defense and special teams are horrible for Dallas right now. Three phases of failure they must arrest with the quickness.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
I agree with the ranking as well... but remember Dr. Z earlier this year was saddened by the fact that he was forced to rank us number #1.

The only power ranking that matters is the one on Feb 2nd, 2009.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2414745 said:
...didn't we lose to the 26th ranked team?

Or did I dream it?

So. We are the Dallas Cowboys, the media hates us. Pay attention Arch.:)

Givincer

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2414736 said:
We were #1, now we lost 4 out of 6. We deserve this.

Not really, when you take into consideration the circumstances...

Our team is the best in the league. I though it before the season started, and I thought it with good reason. 22nd "rank" is laughable, but entirely predictable.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2414764 said:
So. We are the Dallas Cowboys, the media hates us. Pay attention Arch.:)

Nope. It's Jerry's fault. Keep up Dave. :)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Givincer;2414772 said:
Not really, when you take into consideration the circumstances...

Our team is the best in the league. I though it before the season started, and I thought it with good reason. 22nd "rank" is laughable, but entirely predictable.

The best is undefeated, we are a game above five hundred.
They don't count the best on paper.:)