CFZ Dorance Armstrong appreciation

Knotamus

Reaction score
I was a cautiously optimistic “Big” fan of Randy Gregory when we drafted him. And like many Cowboys fans, I patiently waited for his “Breakout” season bc of his potential. And although he would/could take over parts of games when he was motivated, he never really fulfilled the huge expectations.

That said.. I also really liked Dorance Armstrong’s potential, but knew it may take time bc he was so young and raw coming out of Kansas. He reminded me a lot of DLaw physically and his career path has taken a similar path. Both took a few years before reaping the rewards. Now, Armstrong is taking it to another level and should be respected more for it.

Over the last 12 regular season games, Armstrong has collected 8 sacks at DE.. and added 2 blocked punts and a fumble recovery for a TD. He’s really making his presence felt. Obviously there’s a Parsons factor to this revelation, but give Armstrong credit for capitalizing on his opportunities.

All the off-season barking of not obtaining Randy Gregory is a mute subject now. Dal made the right decision to secure Armstrong first. And Gratefully, Armstrong is responding with a fantastic start to the season. Take notice and tip your hats.

RonWashington

Reaction score
:clap:I gave Armstrong some shout outs last yr was told by a by a “ senior “ poster on this site that he was a jag . Football 101 when Parsons or Lawrence need a play or two off your not dipping into the roster to pull out Fred Dean or Charles Hayley. Armstrong perfect compliment player to bolster a defense . Hoping Sam Williams develops and quits racking up bounty shot penalties on the QB . He got a good sideline lecture after clocking Jones :grin:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was a cautiously optimistic “Big” fan of Randy Gregory when we drafted him. And like many Cowboys fans, I patiently waited for his “Breakout” season bc of his potential. And although he would/could take over parts of games when he was motivated, he never really fulfilled the huge expectations.

That said.. I also really liked Dorance Armstrong’s potential, but knew it may take time bc he was so young and raw coming out of Kansas. He reminded me a lot of DLaw physically and his career path has taken a similar path. Both took a few years before reaping the rewards. Now, Armstrong is taking it to another level and should be respected more for it.

Over the last 12 regular season games, Armstrong has collected 8 sacks at DE.. and added 2 blocked punts and a fumble recovery for a TD. He’s really making his presence felt. Obviously there’s a Parsons factor to this revelation, but give Armstrong credit for capitalizing on his opportunities.

All the off-season barking of not obtaining Randy Gregory is a mute subject now. Dal made the right decision to secure Armstrong first. And Gratefully, Armstrong is responding with a fantastic start to the season. Take notice and tip your hats.
Props where props are due!!!!

lqmac1

Reaction score
2nd best pass rusher on the roster. Dude is a stud!

jrumann59

Reaction score
He reminds a little of another Cowboy that wore 92 and seemed to get a sack when the more famous dogs were being schemed against Tony Tolbert

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
2021 was the first season where he was able to play meaningful snaps (50% of the defensive snaps or more) and he put up 5 sacks. Now he is on pace to do much more this year. It's always been about getting an opportunity for him. He spent 2018-2020 playing behind the likes of Gregory, Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith, Michael Bennett, Taco, Tyrone Crawford.

At 25, he still has some upside. For reference, Gregory and Anthony Spencer did not achieve 5+ sacks until they were age 25/26. Considering that DA was a 4th round pick and also a very good special teamer, he was a steal...even at the contract he's at now