Dr. Dre, Snopp Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige to preform Super Bowl Halftime Show

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes I agree the home audience would prefer good music. And the stadium crowd won't be rapper fans so why are they doing this?

Because the real money gets made through the millions watching at home. They want the casual football fan, as well as the diehards, so they cater to the idiots.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yes I agree the home audience would prefer good music. And the stadium crowd won't be rapper fans so why are they doing this?

I think most people are fans of good music, and I'm not sure that you define good music solely by genre. Good music is good music. It spans across all genres.

It's odd. Nobody defines good movies based solely on genre. Do you not watching action, comedy, drama, sci-fi, etc?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Because the real money gets made through the millions watching at home. They want the casual football fan, as well as the diehards, so they cater to the idiots.

Actually, the money gets made by the football game. Who's playing at halftime really doesn't matter in terms of ticket sales or viewership. I've never once met a person who said, "I'm not going to watch any part of the game, but I will tune in for halftime". The commercials are a bigger attraction to most than the halftime show.

RaZon

Reaction score

So they bring together a bunch of artists who record filth, hahaha!!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
Actually, the money gets made by the football game. Who's playing at halftime really doesn't matter in terms of ticket sales or viewership. I've never once met a person who said, "I'm not going to watch any part of the game, but I will tune in for halftime". The commercials are a bigger attraction to most than the halftime show.
Disagree. It might not matter in ticket sales, but it does on TV. It’s all part of the package—the commercials, the halftime show, the movie trailers, the giveaways. They already have the well-to-do’s in the stands, and the blue collar diehards watching at home. They’re mega-greedy. They ALSO want the 20 somethings and the casual fans, so they cater to their tastes on TV. What’s so hard to understand?