Draft dominos start to fall - Tannehill to Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Beaker42, Mar 15, 2019.

1. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

10,038 Messages
    11,017 Likes Received
    Wouldn't shock me if Davon is floated in trade talks. They'll be playing a hybrid defense last I've heard but he may be without a position in the 3 down DLinemen sets.

Maybe see if they would be willing to eat more dead money to ship off Reshad Jones?

QuincyCarterEra likes this.
  2. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

5,627 Messages
    5,042 Likes Received
    Rashad makes perfect sense, other than his age.

John813 likes this.
  3. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

5,627 Messages
    5,042 Likes Received
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

7,843 Messages
    2,704 Likes Received
    And the Dolphins will have empty 2019 and 2020 stadiums. I am guessing Tampa and Jacksonville stadiums will be close to empty also. I think we are seeing the death of pro football in Florida.

5. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

10,254 Messages
    14,447 Likes Received
    I actually thought Tannehill could make for a good backup here. He’s athletic so it wouldn’t be a huge departure in terms of play-calling should he have to go in for Dak. He’s also got extensive starting experience which I think every backup should have ideally.

That said, we’ve got bigger fish to fry and limited draft capital.

6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

10,683 Messages
    8,024 Likes Received
    Tannehill is 5 years older, and his last 2 seasons haven’t been even as good as the worst of Dak’s seasons.

817Gill and silvrNblue like this.
  7. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

5,520 Messages
    6,137 Likes Received
    Tannehill + Bortles = don’t pay crappy QB’s

WillieBeamen likes this.
  8. silvrNblue

silvrNblue Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    1,069 Likes Received
    If I was a betting man, I would pretty much lay some money on this one right here....Rosen is going some where, no way the cards keep him AND draft Tyler. And we ALL know they are taking him 1st over all....

9. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

4,366 Messages
    7,274 Likes Received
    Dak Prescott's career so far: 32 wins in 48 starts. 975/1475 passing (66.1 percent) for 10,876 yards, 67 TD's, and 25 picks plus 944 yards rushing and 18 more touchdowns on the ground. Only QB in NFL history with 65-plus TD passes and 25 or fewer picks in his first three seasons. In a run-first offense, I might add.

But fans want Dak replaced because he doesn't always throw the prettiest passes. I just can't understand the anti-Dak agenda; especially after the 2015 season when we saw what the Cowboys looked like minus a QB that could play.

I am staying far away from Cowboys Zone on the day Dak gets his extension. Prescott is far from perfect, I get it, but he's a winner.

baltcowboy, xwalker and 817Gill like this.
  10. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

828 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Read a report from a reliable dolphins source and apparently they are tanking this season. They want first pick of Tua and Herbert I believe.

John813 likes this.
  11. 817Gill

828 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    My theory is Dak’s bad plays are aesthetically hard to watch and look just plain ugly. While his good plays aren’t sexy either. He’s a gutsy unorthodox kind of QB and people can’t accept a qb who doesn’t play the game in a stylish way. When you look at results and step back to see where Dak is in terms of qb’s in their first 3 years statistically and in W/L, ain’t hard to tell he’s a baller. Been his whole life.

I forgot what show/YT channel did this, but they averaged out for a full season how many off target throws each QB in the league had, Dak finished right about average. The idea that he’s constantly missing WR’s is a thing because anything Cowboys QB related is magnified and over dramatized.

Everyone loves Romo now but he used to get crapped on during his career. Everyone will love Dak when he’s gone, just like Romo.

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  12. CT Dal Fan

4,366 Messages
    7,274 Likes Received
    Dak reminds me of Steve McNair, for those fans that remember him with the Oilers/Titans. Not a superb passer, but good enough. A mobile guy that makes things happen on the move. Tough, gutsy leader the team rallies behind.

And a winner. Dak will get paid and he deserves it.

817Gill likes this.
  13. 817Gill

828 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Great comparison, McNair/McNabb have both been thrown out before.

Furboy likes this.
  14. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

13,853 Messages
    10,728 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be shocked if Miami just signs a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick to drive a dumpster fire for the year.

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  15. CT Dal Fan

4,366 Messages
    7,274 Likes Received
    Maybe they give Robert Griffin III a chance to resurrect his career. Would at least keep the fans interested for a while.

16. BigCatMonaco

BigCatMonaco Well-Known Member

876 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    ****, well have a little more than that with slightly fewer picks.

17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

24,218 Messages
    17,746 Likes Received
    Miami in full tank mode...………...they want the first pick next year for Tua.

18. BigCatMonaco

BigCatMonaco Well-Known Member

876 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Apparently Kaep is interested in the job.

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  19. CT Dal Fan

4,366 Messages
    7,274 Likes Received
    That would definitely make the Dolphins must-see TV no matter what their record is.

The Cowboys play them next year and maybe that would be an interesting prime time or even Thanksgiving matchup.

20. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

2,249 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    I WISH we could play the Dolphins led by Kaepernick lol.

CT Dal Fan likes this.