Draft Is Set-Up Perfectly For Us To Trade Down

817Gill

Reaction score
The more I see how our needs stack up with the board and who should be left at 26 BPA-wise the more it makes sense to trade down.

Unless a premier guy drops like Ceedee did in 2020, this thing is set up perfectly for us to benefit greatly from an extra 2nd or 3rd.

In terms of need, the likely available DT’s and OG’s at 26 like Mazi and Avila can be had at the top of round 2 or very end of 1. Also in rounds 2/3, the value at TE and RB will be extremely high granted the Bijan’s and Kincaid/Meyers of the world are gone before 26.

Would love to come out of this draft with 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. If things fall our way we could walk away with a DT, OL, TE, and RB all at ridiculous value. I’m team trade down unless a blue-chipper falls.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the exactly point I make in my draft pick value thread. Moving down 6-8 spots would land a pick in the 90's. There will be many good players still on the board then. Or use that pick to move up and get a better player you like that fits and happens to be dropping.

Majic

Reaction score
The more I see how our needs stack up with the board and who should be left at 26 BPA-wise the more it makes sense to trade down.

Unless a premier guy drops like Ceedee did in 2020, this thing is set up perfectly for us to benefit greatly from an extra 2nd or 3rd.

In terms of need, the likely available DT’s and OG’s at 26 like Mazi and Avila can be had at the top of round 2 or very end of 1. Also in rounds 2/3, the value at TE and RB will be extremely high granted the Bijan’s and Kincaid/Meyers of the world are gone before 26.

Would love to come out of this draft with 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. If things fall our way we could walk away with a DT, OL, TE, and RB all at ridiculous value. I’m team trade down unless a blue-chipper falls.
Agreed, but trading down is very hard to do. A lot of teams will have the same idea.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I like your Strategy

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That is the exactly point I make in my draft pick value thread. Moving down 6-8 spots would land a pick in the 90's. There will be many good players still on the board then. Or use that pick to move up and get a better player you like that fits and happens to be dropping.
Yep, why reach when you can get an extra pick?

ghst187

Reaction score
Gonna to start barfing every time I read about someone wanting Mazi in the first two rounds….I’m totally on board with improving the DT position but hardly anyone in this draft is inspiring, esp Mazi. He looks like a fourth round pick to me, not a first or second.

I do agree this looks like a trade down draft but we still need playmakers….RB, WR, at worst though a plug and play OG.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What player would a team trade up to get that Cowboys wouldn't just draft for themselves?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Things should get interesting in this draft starting with Arizona. Thinking 5 QBs go before end of 1st and maybe 6. Most sites agree on 15 to 18 true 1st round guys and only 2 qbs made that list. The thing is some guy or guys are going to fall and question will be if one of those are who Boys believe are ranked that high. How much they are offered for 26 will go along way with what they do.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams picking after the Cowboys in the 1st:
Bills
Bengals
Saints (Carr just signed 150M contract.)
Eagles
Chiefs

I don't think any of those teams will be drafting a QB in the 1st. A team wanting Hooker could trade with KC...