1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Draft order if no season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cattle_Rancher, May 10, 2020.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

32,984 Messages
    26,438 Likes Received
    I think they would too but would it be smart to do? Like Trevor Lawrence would have no issues. Hell it would probably benefit him more if there wasn't a season. He's probably the consensus #1 pick. But if you are projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round of a draft......or if you are coming off a down season? I would trying increase my value.

2. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,312 Messages
    9,450 Likes Received
    The only fair thing to do for the draft would be to take the non playoff teams from last year and go in reverse order for the next draft. Playoff teams stay in same order. Nothing else even makes sense. Who's with me? Let's get this idea done!

3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,739 Messages
    43,993 Likes Received
    Exactly, this is way too early to consider anything.
    Doomsday thought though, if there is no college season, and no NFL season, which means no other sports. Who will care about a draft at that point or any sports.

Rockport likes this.
  4. jazzcat22

42,739 Messages
    43,993 Likes Received
    They can play a season on the old electric football game, or Stratego, the heck with playing it on Madden. Pick a SB winner and go from there.

5. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,933 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    It should be ranked based on the longest Super Bowl draught. :lmao:

6. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

7,266 Messages
    11,751 Likes Received
    That would be uncharted territory which we have all be in since mid March. I don’t think it would be fair to do it like that. A purely random draw for order should be done. I would also think a snake draft should be held. Let’s pray it doesn’t come to that because no NFL means the country will be decimated. They would push for herd immunity by then.

Cattle_Rancher likes this.
  7. BrassCowboy

BrassCowboy RW Hitman

4,566 Messages
    2,291 Likes Received
    So... Last year's teams deserve a second set of top tier college players? Ahh no, go with lottery

8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,760 Messages
    13,043 Likes Received
    I don’t see anything fair about keeping the same draft order because this past draft along with free agency could have improved a lot of teams. A lottery system would be the way to go starting with the teams who picked in the top 10 to 15 and go from there.

9. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,553 Messages
    16,090 Likes Received
    Lottery. Damn we could get the Clemson QB?

jazzcat22 likes this.
  10. jazzcat22

42,739 Messages
    43,993 Likes Received
    And give up on DiNucci so soon? :muttley:

fivetwos and GMO415 like this.
  11. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

7,458 Messages
    2,551 Likes Received
    Great idea!

But unfortunately, this would benefit the Cowboys greatly.....so, no dice.

I'm sure the Commissioner would listen to a proposal that would allow the New York teams to have the first ten picks overall.....then let the rest of the NFL fight over the scraps.

12. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,553 Messages
    16,090 Likes Received
    We all have to make sacrifices

jazzcat22 likes this.
  13. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,312 Messages
    9,450 Likes Received
    Nooch will need a backup.

14. bandfan

bandfan Well-Known Member

487 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    Everyone would love the idea of the lottery... until New England won the 1st choice.....cue the conspiracy theories.....

15. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,902 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    Theres going to be some sort of season so I'm not worried, but Washington being able to grab Young and then have a shot at probably Fields also isnt all that fair.

It would be a tough call by the league, and a semi weighted lottery would have to be the solution.

Luckily the TV money in the NFL is so huge if they have to play without fans, they likely will...in some abbreviated fashion at least.