Draft Predictions, not a mock

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think we will make our 2nd and 3rd round picks and then start moving to try to get our 6th back.

If we do move our 2nd or 3rd, I suspect it would be in a deal where we only slide back a few spots. I doubt the Cowboys are willing to trade out of the 2nd or 3rd when they have no first round pick. The pressure is on them to get an impact player in those rounds now.

I think we are going S at 58. I'd love for a stud DT to fall to us like Simmons or Tillery, but that's unlikely.

I've done more research on Collier from TCU. Does Dallas see him as a future 3T? Or an edge guy?

As far as a trade back, we are toward the end of the 2nd round as is. If we move back to the top of the third round, wouldn't it be worth it to get a shot at another guy in that third round, early fourth round range? Especially if for example our S targets are all gone? For example, trade back from 58 with NE and get 73 and 97. On trade chart we give 320 and get 337 back. In that case we have three third rounders at 73, 90 and 97. Gives Dallas their chance to take a flyer on a guy that has dropped. Three chances to get two solid contributors are better than two chances IMO.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Moving out of the top 2 rounds gets you a 2009 haul of players.

I really don't think it has to be that way. We specifically targeted depth type guys in that draft and it completely blew up on us. The guys that set up that draft are no longer here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
another RB I have a gutt feeling about...David Montgomery,Iowa St.

if we don't land Harris...why do I feel like Montgomery will be the guy at 90.

pacboyX

Reaction score
I don’t care what happens besides getting a safety. Gimme Abram, Thornhill, Savage or Gardner and I don’t care if they draft Kickers with the rest of the draft. I trust their decision making on 3rd-7th rounders..just get us a safety.