Draftek Board - Pre FA Mock

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Assuming that Dallas does it's usual as of lately and gets no BIG FA's to sure up any positions.
19: R1P19 DL VITA VEA WASHINGTON
Draft him here to sure up the DL. I think the weakest position on the Dallas team is the 1T and Vea brings strength, size, and a quick first step for pass rush. He even played a little DE.

50: R2P18 G BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE
Drafted him to be a main stay on the line for years, and a backup to FredBeard. May take a year to get fully acclimated but should complete the line for now.

81: R3P17 WR D.J. MOORE MARYLAND
Should add some speed and ability at the WR position. Replaces Butler year one.

116: R4P16 LB HERCULES MATA'AFA WASHINGSTON ST
Should be starting SOLB by mid year. Will sure up the LB core and add some pash rush ability as well.

137: R4P37 S ARMANI WATTS TEXAS A&M
Good field general, and overall players. Will take a year or two to break into starting lineup, but would be perfect for backing up Earl Thomas for a few, so he could take over.

171: R5P34 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME
Probably will never drop this far, but since he was here, who could resist a player that might only be a red zone monster, but oh what a monster for Dak.

173: R5P36 LB DAVIN BELLAMY GEORGIA
Need LB/Edge backups that can develop into starters. Practice squad that might be a Demarcus Ware type if he can put on some weight for a year or two.

193: R6P19 FB DIMITRI FLOWERS OKLAHOMA
No need for Keith Smith to get too pricey.

208: R6P34 C MASON COLE MICHIGAN
Future lineman and present C backup. Should be a much higher prospect.

236: R7P18 LB JACK CICHY WISCONSIN
Hey, its the 7th round

So in the end, drafted to sure up the DL.
Drafted to sure up the OL.
Drafted WR with big upsides.
Drafted to sure up LB and possible LB/Edge players that could develop into pass rushers.

Left TE to find out what Dallas has in Rico, Hanna, Swaim, Jarwin
Need a Swing Tackle in FA.

Hoping that Dallas figures out a way to get Earl Thomas via trade.

How frustrated would you be if this were Dallas draft today, before any FA?
And yes I know several of these will probably not be there when Dallas drafts, but drafts are funny sometimes.

rkell87

Reaction score
I love your first two picks as they are ideal and just on the edge of that possible/not possible line. Most of your picks after that seem at least a round lower than they will be available. I do like your flowers pick though, I think he's exactly what we look for in a FB. Not a watts fan.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Ideally, IMO. Dallas would trade Dez for Earl Thomas -- Dak performs better when he isn't trying to force the ball to Dez. This would also fix any safety issues as well as any DB issues.
Dallas would resign Cooper. Getting a guy there that you know can play there and provide continuity is paramount.
Dallas would sign Suh, Poe, or Logan. Fix the 1T position and stop skimping on it.
Dallas would sign a good 2nd tier WR with speed to replace Dez. A possession receiver.
Dallas would sign Derrick Johnson at LB. This is a short term fix, but allows for a good player starting.

Then Dallas would have all the starters already on the team.

This would allow for drafting specifically to UPGRADE positions and no position would be a "need".
You could look for future upgrades to TE, WR, swing OT, OG, DL, LB, and even S.........and none would have to start, and using BPA would make the most sense.

IMO, then you would worry with Tyrons back, Lee health, future TE, WR, etc.

Presently though, I think Dallas is really 5 good starters away from truly competing for a championship.

Defense of:
Tank, Collins, Suh/Poe/Logan, Irving -- with Crawford, Taco, Price, maybe a draft pick
Lee, Smith, Johnson -- with Wilson and draft picks as backups
Lewis, Awuzie, Brown, Marquez White, Byron Jones, Woods, Frazier, Heath, Thomas and draft picks

It wouldn't matter at that point which direction you went in the draft because you have it covered already.

John813

Reaction score
116: R4P16 LB HERCULES MATA'AFA WASHINGSTON ST

Like this pick on name alone.
Unless you pulled a Key and Peele East West game stunt on me.