Draftniks favoring DTs will love this

RS12

Reaction score
Gerald McCoy might get cut but I've said before I think they go offense at 58.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Gerald McCoy might get cut but I've said before I think they go offense at 58.

2 or 3 weeks ago I would have agreed about 58 but now I'm not sure after Rams destroyed our LBers. Not saying they'll go LBer at 58 but can't see them passing on Clemson DLmen, especially the one with the recent drug issue ( can't think of his name and too lazy to look it up).
Bottom line, we all know Jerry would love a snag a 1st round talent at 58.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 or 3 weeks ago I would have agreed about 58 but now I'm not sure after Rams destroyed our LBers. Not saying they'll go LBer at 58 but can't see them passing on Clemson DLmen, especially the one with the recent drug issue ( can't think of his name and too lazy to look it up).
Bottom line, we all know Jerry would love a snag a 1st round talent at 58.
I think they will go BPA pretty much at 58. 1st round talent? If ones on the board, thats probably the pick

DanA

Reaction score
I feel pretty certain at this early stage that BPA will be a TE, WR or Safety. Seems like the cupboard is bare at DT after about 40.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I feel pretty certain at this early stage that BPA will be a TE, WR or Safety. Seems like the cupboard is bare at DT after about 40.

+1 but I wouldn't rule out a T being targeted pretty high also. Tyron's simply not the same player and it's a contract year for Collins.

RS12

Reaction score
5. Stock Down

The Clemson Tigers upset Alabama to earn a national title, but defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence was absent from the team's playoff victories because of a suspension for a failed drug test. NFL scouts say that episode, as well as his nose tackle position becoming extinct in the NFL, will push him down boards.

A former top prep player, Lawrence has plenty of name recognition among football fans, but scouts are not high on his abilities

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...k-best-landing-spots-for-top-qbs-in-nfl-draft

cnuball21

Reaction score

Really!?!? Man I couldn’t disagree more. Strongest DT class I’ve seen in a while, and think we’ll have a shot at a top 35-40 talent with our pick.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really!?!? Man I couldn’t disagree more. Strongest DT class I’ve seen in a while, and think we’ll have a shot at a top 35-40 talent with our pick.

yup and even in a weak class they seem to fall other than 1 or 2 really good prospects. Should be several to choose from esp since QB may go heavy again in round 1.

DanA

Reaction score

It might just be who I’ve looked at. Who do you have in the 40-100 range as a DT? I haven’t seen a single DT I expect to go in that range. I have a heap I think will go 1st round and a maybe someone in the senior bowl or combine pops up I missed.

cristglo

Reaction score
I think we will be looking at 3t and 1t Safety TE OL WR not necessarily in that order. Woods came on in the last part of the season IMO I throw out the Rams game 1 because he got hurt and 2 they knew what we were doing scheme wise and that was on DL DC IMO
You have dremont Jones from Ohio and Zach allen from Boston College Jerry Tillery ND who play both 3n5 Dexter Lawrence Clemson who plays the 1t Gerald Willis from Miami who plays 3t A kid I really like for 58 Isaih buggs plays 1 n 5 t seems a little light for 1t but is the size Rod likes. There are several that could go in the ltr rounds this draft is full of DL I think the deepest it has been in years along with TE. The OL you have your top tier then it drops off then you can find some in ltr rounds for BU or developmental. After the bowl games Shrine senior NFLP games you will see some names rise. After the Combine the will be new names go up and some old names drop. lol Its fun to keep an eye on After the Combine is when everyone really starts putting their boards together.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It might just be who I’ve looked at. Who do you have in the 40-100 range as a DT? I haven’t seen a single DT I expect to go in that range. I have a heap I think will go 1st round and a maybe someone in the senior bowl or combine pops up I missed.

Williams
Lawrence
Wilkins
Oliver
Tillery
Simmons
Willis
Gaines
Jones

I’m not saying these are 40-100 guys, im just saying due to how deep the position is we’re foijf to see top names fall into the 2nd. This is off the top of my head, so once I start digging more I’m sure I’ll have 10+ names. I doubt we see 10 1st round DTs.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think Earl Thomas signs so our main focus is DT and TE, with OT in the mix if the right player falls. You never know how the board is going to fall, especially in Janary. But I could see the picks in rounds 2 - 4 going to those three positions.

DanA

Reaction score
I think Earl Thomas signs so our main focus is DT and TE, with OT in the mix if the right player falls. You never know how the board is going to fall, especially in Janary. But I could see the picks in rounds 2 - 4 going to those three positions.

I hope so, I could see us holding off on signing a safety until the deadline for when they cancel out compo picks passes. That probably means Thomas signs elsewhere.