Cowboys/Rams

Prescott touchdown pass 6 points
Maher extra point 1 point
Elliott touchdown run 6 points
Prescott conversion pass 2 points
Prescott touchdown run 6 points

Total: Prescott 14 points, Elliott 6 points, Maher 2 points

Not a 23 to 22 points comparison but Prescott still outproduced Brees slightly by 2 points.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Cowboys vs Rams
Prescott 99.2 passer rating
308 total yards
19 first downs
4 punts, 0 turnovers
2.75 points per drive

Saints vs Rams
Brees 88.4 passer rating
290 total yards
19 first downs
4 punts, 1 turnover
2.30 points per drive

Prescott is better than Brees...we got it. THanks

Wayne02

Reaction score
This isn't college. The score is the ONLY thing that matters. We were in the game until the Rams converted that final first down right after the two minute warning.

You're wrong, the score isn't the only thing that matters, the Rams changed their defense on that final drive, so while Dak was able to make a few throws, they sacrificed all of the time needed. The game wasn't as close as you'd like to believe.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Saints/Rams

Lutz field goal 3 points
Lutz field goal 3 points
Brees touchdown pass 6 points
Lutz extra point 1 point
Lutz extra point 1 point
Lutz field goal 3 points

Total: Brees 12 points, Lutz 11 points

Cowboys/Rams

Not a 23 to 22 points comparison but Prescott still outproduced Brees slightly by 2 points.

If only Brees had put them in a position to win the game wire to wire.....Im glad this is the narrative and not the missed PI call that wins the game as the Saints bleed the clock and makes the INT irrelevant.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Your team's offense (you post on this board) playing on the road was better than the #1 seed's offense playing at home.
Yea. that really is the story of the game. Not that the Saints led wire to wire and really should have conceivably won the game by running out the clock. THat really was the same storyline as being down 23-7 and having the Rams play prevent for most of the 4th quarter to make Dallas use clock.

It really is a statistical anomaly that Dallas cant have more post season success. I mean they outplay everyone on paper..

Sydla

Reaction score
Your team's offense (you post on this board) playing on the road was better than the #1 seed's offense playing at home.

So great, for one game we were better offensively than the Saints.

What value is there in that?

Not much.

foofighters

Reaction score
Yep. Dak is the most unfairly criticized player in the game today.
All you guys needing some tissues over this need to understand something. This is going to happen to every Dallas Cowboys QB. It's part of the territory. Do you see Dak crying about it? No you don't. I was hard on Dak this year but I bet he's already planning his offseason right now. I firmly believe he wants to win and he's getting ready already.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
So great, for one game we were better offensively than the Saints.

What value is there in that?

Not much.
Well to @percyhoward Romo was >>>P Manning. I mean he put up 48 points and had 500 yards, 5Tds and 1int in that 51-48 loss.Manning only had 4Tds and 1 INT. I mean the TD/INT ratio was 5% less for Romo. Dallas points per Drive were well above season average. Just another statistical anomaly in the loss

conner01

Reaction score
Terrible clock management by Payton. Two incomplete passes under 2 minutes left gave the Rams an extra minute and a time out. I’m shocked that he made such a basic mistake. Garrett wouldn’t have made that dumb move.
You had to pass the second time
The first one was dumb

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Eight games.

Games 11-18
TD per drive
Saints 25.0%
Cowboys 26.9%

yards per drive
Saints 35.1
Cowboys 36.7

points per drive
Saints 2.22
Cowboys 2.23
Someday, I bet there will be a stat to say putting up a gooseegg was really on the precipice of a win

blumayne38

Reaction score
Saints/Rams

Lutz field goal 3 points
Lutz field goal 3 points
Lutz extra point 1 point
Lutz extra point 1 point
Lutz field goal 3 points

Total: Brees 12 points, Lutz 11 points

Cowboys/Rams

Cooper*

J817

Reaction score
Yep. Dak is the most unfairly criticized player in the game today.

Not a Dak fan, but I do agree with this statement here. National analysts on ESPN, FOX, talk radio criticize Dak like I have never heard them criticize a QB in this league before.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and an interception.

Dak has two total scores and scores 22 points against the same and he’s being driven out of town here.
It's cause some people are very stupid. They probably never saw the inside of a locker room but they know everything about playing QB.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
and an interception.

Dak has two total scores and scores 22 points against the same and he’s being driven out of town here.
Look be a groupie but use better logic. This is logic someone that doesn't watch sports would use

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's cause some people are very stupid. They probably never saw the inside of a locker room but they know everything about playing QB.
Guess all those that agree with y'all are smart but how are we proving this smartness? Anybody can be a jock rider. That takes no smarts at all. We need to figure out once and for all how we determine smartness in a football way and we all need to take this agreed upon test.