News: Drew Pearson: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott 'A $40 Million Disappointment’

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jarv, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

11,693 Messages
    5,800 Likes Received
    And yet, Pearson admits his confidence in Prescott isn't as strong as it once was.

"It's wavered some towards the end of the season," he said. "I was really high on (Prescott) ... when they first drafted him. I was excited about that because of what he did at Mississippi State. He brought that winning attitude there and I thought he could bring that here."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...q4P8GTL4NG7poy6C1bB9L56jpsgkxRt0DSMiSQ7uvQ2dc

2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

9,758 Messages
    6,402 Likes Received
    Dak’s football IQ is average at best. His pocket presence isn’t very good. His accuracy is questionable. For supposedly being a mobile/athletic guy he struggles to escape pressure and seems hesitant to run when he needs to. Some praise his leadership but I don’t see why as the team often seems uninspired and unprepared especially when competing against good opponents.

He isn’t going to become any better. He’s been in the league a while now. I just don’t understand why he was given such a ridiculous contract. Seems like a desperate move in hindsight.

In the end he’s our QB though so I hope he can get it together.

3. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

13,023 Messages
    25,164 Likes Received
    Drew Pearson knows what he's talking about.

Much more than SOME on here do.

4. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

4,631 Messages
    3,134 Likes Received
    I wonder how many will say Pearson doesn't know what he's talking about.

5. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

2,375 Messages
    3,116 Likes Received
    LOL, seems like superstar Cowboys from the past are unanimous on one thing.......Jerry and the team have become perennial disappointments to put it mildly. Romo, Aikman, Haley, Irvin, Pearson, etc... Jerry has hitched his wagon to an over achiever who has already reached his ceiling and that is all we are gonna get from him. He says he needs to get better, i seriously doubt there is any better than what he has shown.

6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,472 Messages
    31,837 Likes Received
    It doesn’t matter, we’re locked into with him now. Either try him in a new offense that he can flourish in and is confident. Or expect the same results. Having said that, as bad as he’s looked he still had 37 TD’s and 10 picks. Not bad for a bum

7. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,787 Messages
    60,181 Likes Received
    He'll be turned on, like every other former player who isn't a perpetual blind homer like Michael Irvin.

Hadenough, links18, The Fonz and 8 others like this.
  8. MajesticRey

MajesticRey Well-Known Member

743 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    The disappointment isn’t limited to Dak. It’s this whole team. What is it, 4 playoff wins in the past quarter century?

9. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

11,268 Messages
    5,347 Likes Received
    2016 was fools gold at QB.

10. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,360 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received
    Dak's contract like Zeke's simply wasn't worth it. And they'll pay in more ways than 1 because they can't get rid of either of them.

Steve007, DaveRowe, Vandyr and 5 others like this.
  11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

44,259 Messages
    26,748 Likes Received
    Yea , but then we knew we were over paying him. Just hoping he might live up to his salary. That’s how our dysfunctional ownership operates .

And what about Elliott. His 90 million contract was mostly a waste . Lawrence 105 million . Where was he Sunday . The list goes on.

Hadenough, vig454, tico and 8 others like this.
  12. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

8,316 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    Acceptable from Drew.......but I'd wonder what has he said about TRomo?.......the state of the Franchise?.........Jimmy Johnson departure? That's all, since Drew is outspoken now?

13. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

11,466 Messages
    12,356 Likes Received
    It's clear. He can beat up on bad teams and struggles against decent to good teams. He' s a choker. Dachoka Prescott.

Steve007, vig454, pjtoadie and 7 others like this.
  14. J_Allen

J_Allen Well-Known Member

3,026 Messages
    3,532 Likes Received
    And Lawrence showed up to the postgame press conference dressed as an emo highschool girl. This team is unbelievably soft. So embarrassing.

15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,472 Messages
    31,837 Likes Received
    Bingo. It’s always the same thing in big games. Different set of characters and it’s always the same thing. Romo was just as bad in big games.

guag, dckid, tico and 4 others like this.
  16. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins This is a house of learned doctors

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    11,263 Messages
    3,540 Likes Received
    I can't say that I was ever over the moon about Prescott, but I will say that he was a better player when the run game was actually a threat. If (Huge, huge "if") Jerry and crew are smart, they will figure out how to upgrade Center and Guard in the offseason and get Pollard more carries in 2022. Might need to cut a Cooper and DLaw to get what they need, but that is the only way to get this team in position to be an actual playoff threat with Dak under center.

BBGTYCOON, pancakeman and MajesticRey like this.
  17. X550i

X550i Well-Known Member

556 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    What is the common denominator?

pjtoadie, Miguelitomama and BBGTYCOON like this.
  18. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,480 Messages
    9,134 Likes Received
    The media needs to let Dak have it. They begged the Joneses to make him the highest paid player in the league. I know it is never really one person’s fault we lost the game but Dak was horrible. Not moving the ball when you have the ball with two minutes left, three timeouts, and 3 injured defensive players is inexcusable. Someone will probably lose their job because of Dak’s failure to execute.

19. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

3,555 Messages
    4,951 Likes Received
    Trade Martin, Tron, Collins, Lamb and Jarwin.

Fill every offensive position with league minimum players.

Bring Dak, Zeke, and Cooper in for a meeting and explain to them that their 80 mil per year salaries have necessitated these moves and they are expected to earn their salaries.

guag, Vandyr, tico and 6 others like this.
  20. RomoplusDezEquals7

RomoplusDezEquals7 Well-Known Member

242 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    Agree with this assessment. Dak has slow feet, once he gets moving he's fairly fast and he is very strong, but he has slow feet and is not quick. Couple this with not having that innate ability some QB's have of felling the pressure in the pocket really good and his tendency to hold the ball and it all does go well together.

There was a small group saying the contract was ridiculous last spring. It seems more and more are agreeing to that now. If only Jerry wouldn't have paid him we could have some options.