News: Drew Pearson: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott 'A $40 Million Disappointment’

Plankton

Reaction score
Drew Pearson never played on a Cowboy team that didn't win a playoff game. Let that sink in. So his expectations are different.

While Pearson knows a ton of postseason success with the Cowboys, he did play on four teams that didn't win playoff games in a given year:
  • 1974 - team missed the playoffs with an 8-6 record
  • 1976 - team lost in the Divisional Round to the Rams 14-12
  • 1979 - team lost in the Divisional Round to the Rams 21-19
  • 1983 - team lost the Wild Card game to the Rams 24-17

GINeric

Reaction score
Drew Pearson knows what he's talking about.

Much more than SOME on here do.

He's a HOFer and opinion is to be respected. There's been other HOF coaches, players and GMs that has said Dak is a top 7, top 10 quarterback. They all definitely know what they're talking about as well.

I noticed Pearson didn't say that Dak was a below average quarterback like SOME uninformed dummies on here do.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak has caused issues from the day he arrived. That Tony Romo injury was probably the biggest turning point in the organisations history for the last 40 years.

Didn't have to be.. could have let Dak jump the league as a rookie.. collect the wins and then roll back to our future HOF QB and go win a championship.. but no.. we kept bus driving Dak.

6 years later.. I think those of us that cried and pleaded for your all to see are being proved correct.

Now its just how long we have to watch his inept play. At least another 2 seasons before we have a shot. Remember Jerry could have tagged Dak and given us another year to 'see' if Dak was the man before paying him.. always remember that was an option.

I know everyone will say Zekes contract is the problem.. and I agree it is a very big problem.. but it is nothing compared to what we are stuck with at QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I meant overall. The implication is that whoever disagrees with you is just dumb. I agree with some of what you say about Dak, but also about some of what the Dak Lovers say too. We’re all just speculators here!
Yep

I think most fans are more in the middle . It’s just that the extremes on both sides are more vocal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak has caused issues from the day he arrived. That Tony Romo injury was probably the biggest turning point in the organisations history for the last 40 years.

Didn't have to be.. could have let Dak jump the league as a rookie.. collect the wins and then roll back to our future HOF QB and go win a championship.. but no.. we kept bus driving Dak.

6 years later.. I think those of us that cried and pleaded for your all to see are being proved correct.

Now its just how long we have to watch his inept play. At least another 2 seasons before we have a shot. Remember Jerry could have tagged Dak and given us another year to 'see' if Dak was the man before paying him.. always remember that was an option.

I know everyone will say Zekes contract is the problem.. and I agree it is a very big problem.. but it is nothing compared to what we are stuck with at QB.
Everything is relative. How much are we over paying per position and production. That’s the bigger argument .

ESisback

Reaction score
Yep

I think most fans are more in the middle . It’s just that the extremes on both sides are more vocal.
I’ll say! So Greg, aside from the exit of Jerry, what’s your recipe for team improvement for the next 8-9 months?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No Drew, Moore is the disappointment. Moore calls quarterback draw with 14 seconds left instead of having Dak have two tries tossing to the endzone.

All those weapons there was no possible way the Niners would have had a chance to cover both the endzone & playing sideline defense.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
JJ should’ve never given him the deal. It would’ve made him look bad if he let Dak walk after he broke his ankle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ll say! So Greg, aside from the exit of Jerry, what’s your recipe for team improvement for the next 8-9 months?
Revamp OL, C and LG biggest need. Draft a RB mid rounds to compliment Pollard. Our offense blows without running game. This could be Elliotts last year. 2022 last year of guarantee.

On defense . DT and Safety. Rushing defense still suks. Those are biggest needs.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesn’t matter, we’re locked into with him now. Either try him in a new offense that he can flourish in and is confident. Or expect the same results. Having said that, as bad as he’s looked he still had 37 TD’s and 10 picks. Not bad for a bum

Aven---Dak as we know aint no bum....but something got into his head after the Patriosts game and his week he took off and we still won with Rush with Quinn as HC....but Dak was not reading the field and

was hesitating and double pumping instead of letting fly on a dime to receivers who were open.....so i hope Dak figures out what his disconnect is....and you are right 37 TD's and 10 INT's is elite level

although 6 games were against pititful NFC east....Dak is not our problem...i believe Moore is our problem....first 6 games we were instituting our receivers running presnap fakes and such and then out

of nowhere it disappeared and we looked more like Linehan show.....that was the reason the drop off was significant in my view...which does not count for a lot

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Now everybody on Dak. Yet this was the same guy tearing the league up until his injury. Maybe if Moore had fixed the blueprint we wouldn't be in here talking about it now. Yep, Dak was horrible but where is Moore in this discussion. Moore sucks just as bad as Dak did. And maybe the two are hand in hand.

Zman5

Reaction score
Derrick Henry was a mid 2nd round pick.
He has been out since week 9 but looks as though he is healthy at the perfect time for the Titans.
Titans secured the number 1 seed in the AFC without Henry for nearly half the season, and with Tannehill starting at QB.
Many here feel that the 49ers should be the blueprint, but I would suggest taking a close look at how the Titans accomplished what they have this season.

It's impressive what they did with their best player out for the majority of the season but I'm sure playing in the AFCS also helped big time.
AFCS is as bad or worse than NFCE.

Let's see how they do against the Bengals. If they lose, it will be as bad or worse than our loss being the #1 seed. It should be a good game.
It's another "run heavy" team vs "pass heavy" team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Revamp OL, C and LG biggest need. Draft a RB mid rounds to compliment Pollard. Our offense blows without running game. This could be Elliotts last year. 2022 last year of guarantee.

On defense . DT and Safety. Rushing defense still suks. Those are biggest needs.
This is exactly what I would do as well, but one question: would you get a new OL Coach?