News: Drew Pearson: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott 'A $40 Million Disappointment’

RS12

Reaction score
Anyone want to explain why our ownership overpaid an average QB?
Jerry is desperate to show the world he is football guy by showing how drafted and developed a 4th round pick into star. Just like he was desperate to say he discovered and developed a great head coach in Garrett. Same with Moore as an OC. Seeing a trend here? Billionaire owner playing with his toy and holding the fans hostage for decades.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You're right about the possible real bad year next year.

He never recovered after Denver put out the blue print of don't blitz, focus on the run, disguise a little, and make Dak think more. I mean it was like 2 1/2 months worth of him looking bad in against defenses that could afford to do this game plan.

Teams will most certainly be doing that next year. That will be every defense we face game plan.

They Marinelli him. Force him to not make miatakes.

RS12

Reaction score
I would enjoy watching it. Zeke running into a brick wall 30 times a game. Dak running for his life. Cooper ending the year with 20 catches. Here is my lineup until Dak demands to be traded and waives his no trade clause.

LT Josh Ball
LG McGovern
C Biadasz
RG Farniok
RT Steele
TE McKeon
RB Zeke The 18 mil blocking back
WR Cooper The 22 mil disappearing wonder
WR Vasher
WR Fehoco
QB Dak the 40 million dollar man
That offense would make us long for 1989.

RS12

Reaction score
So.......who's the next QB stud (Burrow/Herbert-esque) we should target in the upcoming drafts? We'll obviously be stuck with Mr. Biscotti for a few more years.....might as we'll start dreaming now.
Bryce Young at Alabama should be the top pick in 2023.

black label

Reaction score
It's clear. He can beat up on bad teams and struggles against decent to good teams. He' s a choker. Dachoka Prescott.
giphy.gif

Big_D

Reaction score
And why we can’t take this franchise serious anymore.

We’re either the dumbest organization in NFL or our priorities are out of whack.

These stars must have more value to our dysfunctional ownership than just their production and performance on the field .

Jerry wants to keep them no matter the cost. He seems incapable of making the tough decision. It’s definitely a problem. And these will be costly for a while.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Drew Pearson knows what he's talking about.

Much more than SOME on here do.

He’s also giving an opinion that not everyone that’s played at the NFL level is going to agree with. If Roger Staubach gave his opinion on Dak it would be totally different. I can only imagine the bashing Dak would be taking if he had the meltdown Kyler Murray had Monday night.

plymkr

Reaction score
Trade Martin, Tron, Collins, Lamb and Jarwin.

Fill every offensive position with league minimum players.

Bring Dak, Zeke, and Cooper in for a meeting and explain to them that their 80 mil per year salaries have necessitated these moves and they are expected to earn their salaries.
You know what, I really like that idea. If anyone hasn't figured it out by now then I feel you may be willfully blind. But this year was it. We had the most talented roster since the 90's and everyone got healthy at the right time. We're only going to get worse as the talent erodes. I say suck it up, trade anyone that can get us something. So everyone you mentioned and I'd throw in Diggs, his stats can get us some draft picks. Then bring in all the high priced losers and say this is your team.

Basically what I'm saying and what would make me happy is stop restructuring these bad contracts. Instead of kicking the can down the road with bad contracts and then eventually paying up with dead money, let's trade young guys for future draft picks. Get veteran minimum guys in to replace them and grind out these contracts until their done.

So instead of winning the NFC east (maybe) and losing in the playoffs (if we get there) with unmotivated rich players let's have these guys play out their contracts and start over. No matter what the next 3 years will suck. So let's suck with the plan of getting out of salary cap hell, accumulate draft picks and reboot.

starcity214

Reaction score
No Drew, Moore is the disappointment. Moore calls quarterback draw with 14 seconds left instead of having Dak have two tries tossing to the endzone.

All those weapons there was no possible way the Niners would have had a chance to cover both the endzone & playing sideline defense.

Lol That's probably because our coaches KNOW Dak doesn't have the arm to do it

Any of the top 5 QBs (Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford) would have taken those 2 shots at the endzone. if your QB is a Dak, Hurts, Bridgewater or any of those "bus driving" QBs you don't have that luxury lol

Come on man. McCarthys full of crap talking about your best option is 1 shot from the 20 lol. If anything, that just makes the field smaller and favors the defense. But go ahead.. It's everybody elses fault i know..

starcity214

Reaction score
Jerry is desperate to show the world he is football guy by showing how drafted and developed a 4th round pick into star. Just like he was desperate to say he discovered and developed a great head coach in Garrett. Same with Moore as an OC. Seeing a trend here? Billionaire owner playing with his toy and holding the fans hostage for decades.

My honest opinion (and i could be wrong as I don't work for the team) is that Jerry is the smart one in this situation. Dak could have been signed years ago but there was always someone in the front office that was unsure and not sold on Dak and in my opinion it was Jerry. I could just sense that Jerry wasn't sold. I remember Jerry playing bad cop and Dufus JR playing the good cop always praising Dak in the media. I think had Dak not gotten injured as he did, he wouldn't have been signed. Jerry caved in to the media no doubt. But i also believe there were people in the front office in Jerry's ear trying to convince him to sign him for reasons beyond football. He didn't just sign a QB, he signed a spokespersons. There's no doubt in my mind that the same people that thought it was "cute" to have the sunlight shining through the stadium are the main people that "convinced" Jerry to sign Dak.. But at the end of the day, Jerry had the final word. He deserves all the criticism because deep down I believe he knew better.. But hey, could have been worse.we could have a deal like the Chiefs gave to mahomes. In a way, im glad Dak got greedy. Maybe the resdskins will pay him 200M 3 years from now to be their spokesperson..one can only hope lol

RaZon

Reaction score
Just once I'd love to see....

Dak....ya know what Jerry I'm a single guy got no shoes to buy no mouths to feed and I got these endoresments going on, how about 25 mill a year and if we win a Superbowl 40, deal?

Still the whole thing is beyond ridiculous, 25 mill a year, whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who out there has made 25 mill in your life time? Guys raise families on 30, 000 a year and this guys needs 40 mill for six months work, wow!!! I bet his daddy, grand daddy his great great grand daddy and his daddy never came close to making that in their life time combined.

Get real, sheesh!

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He’s also giving an opinion that not everyone that’s played at the NFL level is going to agree with. If Roger Staubach gave his opinion on Dak it would be totally different. I can only imagine the bashing Dak would be taking if he had the meltdown Kyler Murray had Monday night.
I don't care about how Kyler Murray played because he doesn't play for the Cowboys.

Kyler Murray being a bum does not make me feel better about Dak being a bum.

You guys have got to stop looking at other players or teams being bad to justify to yourself the Cowboys players and team being bad. You gotta expect better than that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is exactly what I would do as well, but one question: would you get a new OL Coach?
I think the bigger issues will be if we need a new OC and DC.

But penalties must be addressed with OL. Pre snap and holding .

Leading the league in penalties isn’t a recipe for success.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

dfense

Reaction score
The media needs to let Dak have it. They begged the Joneses to make him the highest paid player in the league. I know it is never really one person’s fault we lost the game but Dak was horrible. Not moving the ball when you have the ball with two minutes left, three timeouts, and 3 injured defensive players is inexcusable. Someone will probably lose their job because of Dak’s failure to execute.
Like I've said before, you can count on one hand and have fingers left over, the amount of times in his career, Dak has thrown a TD in the last two minutes of any game.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think the bigger issues will be if we need a new OC and DC.

But penalties must be addressed with OL. Pre snap and holding .

Leading the league in penalties isn’t a recipe for success.

Penalties are a HUGE problem, and most of that to me is coaching. Our own damn fault. I will say they watch Dallas more closely than they do many other teams, though.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Trade Martin, Tron, Collins, Lamb and Jarwin.

Fill every offensive position with league minimum players.

Bring Dak, Zeke, and Cooper in for a meeting and explain to them that their 80 mil per year salaries have necessitated these moves and they are expected to earn their salaries.

Is this is a Cowboys fan or are you joking with this statement? How old are you? Do you play fantasy football? Have you ever played football? Just, wow!