CFZ Driving the Bus: We've Got a Good Thing Going with Cooper Rush

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The offense has learned how to win with Cooper Rush driving the proverbial bus. Of course, this not only set an example that Dak can strive for, it has shown the players how to come through and win on their own.

So, maybe when Dak does come back, the offense will be more of a team, and play with the cohesion and will to win games.

I have to say, it was nice looking at the team without Dak on the offense and Parsons on the defense, just for a moment, to see what it looks like without them.

In the end, Cooper Rush could end up being our guy.

A good part of his game is starting to remind me of Kurt Warner, and so he would just need the reps after sticking it out as backup for 6 years.

As a whole, this team could surprise people, just because they've caught so much flack and the Eagles are perceived to be so much better. If they keep playing with their backs against the wall and a chip on their shoulders that just might help them win as a team.

So and so may have a bad game, but as a team, they win. That's how it goes. The guy who had the bad game picks up the slack the next time. You just can't have too many in a row, for the team.

That's what I feel like Cooper Rush has gifted us. Instead of folding under pressure, this team is still alive and well. And most importantly, their story has yet to be written.

yentl911

Reaction score
I know we will get Dak back on the field as soon as he is ready but I would like to ride this out until Rush gets beat. I am surprised at how well he has played and he seems to be getting better each game. If our receivers could catch the ball he would have had even better numbers last night. He is solid.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offense has learned how to win with Cooper Rush driving the proverbial bus. Of course, this not only set an example that Dak can strive for, it has shown the players how to come through and win on their own.

So, maybe when Dak does come back, the offense will be more of a team, and play with the cohesion and will to win games.

I have to say, it was nice looking at the team without Dak on the offense and Parsons on the defense, just for a moment, to see what it looks like without them.

A good part of his game is starting to remind me of Kurt Warner, and so he would just need the reps after sticking it out as backup for 6 years.

As a whole, this team could surprise people, just because they've caught so much flack and the Eagles are perceived to be so much better. If they keep playing with their backs against the wall and a chip on their shoulders that just might help them win as a team.

So and so may have a bad game, but as a team, they win. That's how it goes. The guy who had the bad game picks up the slack the next time. You just can't have too many in a row, for the team.

That's what I feel like Cooper Rush has gifted us. Instead of folding under pressure, this team is still alive and well. And most importantly, their story has yet to be written.
At first this seems odd. But...if you think about it.....maybe it WAS a learning moment. Like...heck we CAN win if we just stay in our lane...and don't screw up.

They may have been so worried....we have to OVER perform and OVER achieve.
Well how about we just be like Cooper Rush and not eft it up?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
It just sucks that we're paying him 40 million.

But let's be honest here that payday is not Dak's fault. It's not his agent's fault either.

IN both these cases they were both doing what they had to do. Dak took the bets on himself. The agent did his job, and as a outsider to the events we would have to say he did it well.

The salaries are set, the team rosters are somewhat set for the majority of the starters, although this fluctuates with injuries and so on.

What we have to determine as fans is whom we choose to support, and how we engage in dialogue about how things can improve. But in week 4 complaining about Dak's salary isn't how this team is going to win the next game or changes his potential performance.

I like what Ruch is doing right now, and we can't take that away from him. I think Dak could learn something from this time off.

What I would have liked to see from Dak during this period is him locked down right beside Moore and not only hearing the calls given to Rush, but standing beside Kellen to hear the dialogue between all the coaches who are in Kellen's earpiece and hearing Moore's banter.

If Rush is a bus driver right now, then he is doing a heck of a job driving the bus. Maybe Dak needs to figure out how Cooper is steering and take a page out of this driving manual for his own use.

Dak, in physical talent, is the better QB, and if he can find some nuggets in Rush's play and learn from it the team can benefit from this.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
With shell coverage taking over the NFL, the reality is that bus driving is the way to play QB right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So you want low scoring nail biters against marginal teams as opposed to the offense scoring lots of points and blowing them out?

Cowboys offense under Cooper rush is scoring 20 points a game and is in the bottom half of the NFL. With Dak they were the #1 offense in football.

In fact................when the Cowboys had a combination of a good defense and a good running game the Cowboys under Dak were 7-1 and beating just about everyone.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I know we will get Dak back on the field as soon as he is ready but I would like to ride this out until Rush gets beat. I am surprised at how well he has played and he seems to be getting better each game. If our receivers could catch the ball he would have had even better numbers last night. He is solid.
Dak is our starter, his salary mandates it. I hope Dak's game was a one time bad game just as I hope Moore's game calling on week one was a one time bad day calling plays. They were both not in sync against the Bucs. Cooper Rush needs some respect put on his name now. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

lostar2009

Reaction score
You guys do know the Giants and Cincy suck right? Those was teams with crazy holes in play. If Dak played we wouldve been resting our starters by half time. Getting mad because we let them score a TD.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
With shell coverage taking over the NFL, the reality is that bus driving is the way to play QB right now.

Yep, we've seen how discombobulated Dak gets trying to decipher this defense. He has really stunk it up since the Denver game last season. And then laid an egg against TB. Hope he is learning from Cooper and earns his paycheck.