DT Irving misses media portion of practice dealing with child custody case

MarcusRock

Reaction score
In what way, and why would Irving having a custody battle prompt that? Obviously he has power, and I don't like some of his decisions, but I don't see what the motivation would be to fabricate an attack (in what form?) based on a guy being in a custody battle.

In the past, even when he screwed up I could generally see the motivation. For example, with Zeke it was to pacify the women's activist groups and the media that jumps on that bandwagon. Leniency with Rice was prior to the rise of these groups and the media jumping on board, so at that time he was trying to keep a good player active. The guy screws it up, but his motivations generally aren't that hard to see. I don't see the motivation with someone having a custody battle.

You are trying to make sense of a nonsensical CONSPIRACY! theory. One of the posters on this board could be an angry Roger Staubach lashing out at current Cowboys kids running amok. Not saying it IS happening, but the possibility exists so good luck proving it's NOT true. Lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
You are trying to make sense of a nonsensical CONSPIRACY! theory. One of the posters on this board could be an angry Roger Staubach lashing out at current Cowboys kids running amok. Not saying it IS happening, but the possibility exists so good luck proving it's NOT true. Lol.
Once again, we hear from the all wise, all knowing realist who’s got everything figured out, the guy that can’t handle the fact that things are not black and white, but grey and constantly changing. People are selfish and flawed, loyalties change, and guarantees are mostly flights of fancy. I’m NOT saying everything’s a conspiracy—I’m just open to the possibility. I will ALWAYS question authority, and trust a scarce few.

I guess we’ll never agree on this issue, but you have every right to your opinions. By the way, what happened to your weekly prediction thread?

superonyx

Reaction score
I understand children are important, but this is a legal matter, not taking his kid to the hospital or anything. Can a lawyer not handle this?
Yea man...why would a father who is automatically viewed by a judge as a step below a mother need to actually show up take part in his custody battle for his child...
What a piece of crap...get back out on the practice field you idiot...

We don’t care if you are a human and won’t give you credit for stepping up for your child around here...we want blood, spit and football victories on Sunday or the wife gets beat, the dog gets kicked and I get drunk...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If there are weekly court appearances, then surely his lawyer can ask the Judge to schedule them for the day off? Irving wont keep his job if he keeps missing time - which isnt good for the child.
You do not do that in court.

You schedule according to the judges calendar.

superonyx

Reaction score
Being at court for this is VERY important for his kid. But not throwing paper's at someone serving you papers, not getting evicted from your home and not getting suspended is also VERY important for his kid.
Yea...let’s discredit any good thing you can do by pointing out an imperfection.....
How dare him take a job which has him working on Sundays also. The lord Jesus Christ needs to be served on the sabbath day while this sinner is not taking his child to church and instead forcing her to watch a bunch of men wearing tight pants slap each other on the buttocks.

Cut him!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
In what way, and why would Irving having a custody battle prompt that? Obviously he has power, and I don't like some of his decisions, but I don't see what the motivation would be to fabricate an attack (in what form?) based on a guy being in a custody battle.

In the past, even when he screwed up I could generally see the motivation. For example, with Zeke it was to pacify the women's activist groups and the media that jumps on that bandwagon. Leniency with Rice was prior to the rise of these groups and the media jumping on board, so at that time he was trying to keep a good player active. The guy screws it up, but his motivations generally aren't that hard to see. I don't see the motivation with someone having a custody battle.

A custody battle probably wouldn’t motivate OR justify action by the Commish, but since Mara’s his pal, it wouldn’t surprise me if some sabre rattling manufactured some distractions.

So put away the Reynolds Wrap, pard!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Yea...let’s discredit any good thing you can do by pointing out an imperfection.....
How dare him take a job which has him working on Sundays also. The lord Jesus Christ needs to be served on the sabbath day while this sinner is not taking his child to church and instead forcing her to watch a bunch of men wearing tight pants slap each other on the buttocks.

Cut him!!!
Lol some on here make him out to be father of the year and want to give him cookies for doing something he should do. I'm just pointing out facts. I have no clue where you are trying to go with the church and tight pants comment. Lol seems like you may be trying to ask for help without actually asking. Lol that's above my pay grade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why is it always a story when Irving misses part of a practice for his child?This has gotten ridiculous this point.

superonyx

Reaction score
Lol some on here make him out to be father of the year and want to give him cookies for doing something he should do. I'm just pointing out facts. I have no clue where you are trying to go with the church and tight pants comment. Lol seems like you may be trying to ask for help without actually asking. Lol that's above my pay grade.
Well thank god we have you here to point out facts.

Send pics please..I won’t tell your boyfriend.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe garrett can take Irving to some kind of family counseling after the museum tour.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You can tell those that have never dealt with anything of this nature. Sometimes not only is your presence valuable but it is required by the courts. Also, for those complaining he should have taken care of this before the season, do you have any idea how long court processes like these take? They can get dragged through court for months and months. It can be a very messy and emotional process.

But hey, forget all that!! Irving should definitely appease the fans posting on a forum board before he puts his best foot forward on his own life.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whining rampage? this guy had 11 months to sort this out, and he has money for lawyers. I had to go back to work after 3 weeks after my fiance passing away. You want to talk about people whining? This guy is a professional. Period. Without this high paying job he wouldnt have a chance in hell at custody anyways, so maybe he should, you know. SHOW UP!

You just proved my point.

Him missing today and just the media session, has nothing to do with before. But here to go, on a rant.

heir

Reaction score
This was a scheduled meeting that he and the tram knew about. He even said it in an interview last week in the locker room. Not a surprise to the team so not really an issue.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He can afford to send lawyers in his defense. Give me a break.

For as open minded as you are when it comes to drug addiction you are coming across as close minded and dense on this subject. Bro idgaf about football thats a game, I would be in custody court myself too. Kids come before a stupid football practice

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
He can afford to send lawyers in his defense. Give me a break.

Geez his lawyer may have said it is better for you to be here in person. Also if it is a custody case he may be required to be in person.

Let's get off our high horses here and let's this man take care of his family. I

It's like he has up and beheaded one of our own children the way forum fans are up in arms here. Sheesh! This is friggin entertainment football. Not life and death here.

CapnB

Reaction score
Hes a cowboy, so anything he does is going to be magnified x1000. But this kind of stuff doesnt need to be out there and the team should do a better job of keeping it covered up unless he gives the thumbs up to talk about it

ESisback

Reaction score
Hes a cowboy, so anything he does is going to be magnified x1000. But this kind of stuff doesnt need to be out there and the team should do a better job of keeping it covered up unless he gives the thumbs up to talk about it

See Cap, this was my point. The giant army of Cowboyhaters want this crap all over the news to “muddy the waters” and create distraction—makes it harder for a team to be successful.

exciter

Reaction score
I understand children are important, but this is a legal matter, not taking his kid to the hospital or anything. Can a lawyer not handle this?
Hmmm....custody case and dad dont show up in court. Yeah, judges just love that!