DT Jordan Phillips not resigning w/Bills

Carson

Reaction score
WE BETTER devote real cap dollars to that interior dline..not just a committee of bodies. I think Mike Daniels is a real possibility as a stop gap solution,but I think we will draft to sure up the dline. I keep hearing fantasies about us drafting corners and safeties at 17...I don't see that at all. I see Kinlaw all the way if he's there. I also see us double dipping and getting Gallimore if he's there at 51. We are in a rebuild on the dline. Daniels would just be a rotational guy.Tristan hill may get cut in camp.

I like Daniels and he should come much cheaper than Phillips.

My worry is his injuries lately. I’m not paying what the Lions paid (9.1 million) but I like him on the cheaper end. Veteran, leader, has ties to MM.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Daniels and he should come much cheaper than Phillips.

My worry is his injuries lately. I’m not paying what the Lions paid (9.1 million) but I like him on the cheaper end. Veteran, leader, has ties to MM.
for me, we MUST focus on D early and often in this draft. Its about the interior of the defense. DT,MLB, SAFETY. To me, those are HUGE needs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn't as good as his sack numbers portray him to be.

Very soft against the run.

The Bills have a ton of cap space... There is a reason they are lukewarm on him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
lets just say i hope Dallas doesnt do the norm, MM sets a new tone, the staff goes for what they can work with and bring in serious competition as much as they can.

AS of today there should be a slogan "no first string til you earn it"

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Your point? They had a right to mock as they dominated Dallas.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He wasn't as good as his sack numbers portray him to be.

Very soft against the run.

The Bills have a ton of cap space... There is a reason they are lukewarm on him.

26 tackles
9.5 sacks
12 TFL
14 QB hits

He would take the place of Maliek Collins and Dallas can draft a run stuffer like Leki Fotu out of Utah who is 6' 5" 334 pounds. That is an imposing middle of the d-line both in run support, QB pressure, and blocked passes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"The Bills aren't expected to re-sign free agent DT Jordan Phillips.
Phillips will test the open market coming off a career year. There should be no shortage of interest in the 27-year-old after exploding for 9.5 sacks in 2019. With Phillips unlikely to be back in Buffalo, Ed Oliver will step into an every-down role."

6' 6" 341 pounds He may be pricey after a career year but a great addition to the d-line.
This is the business of the coaching staff and FO. Speculate all you want but what difference does it make?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your point? They had a right to mock as they dominated Dallas.

....yeah, no ****, I know. But that's what it reminded me of when I heard his name.

Hopefully, if we sign him, he mocks Dak and Zeke directly to their face in practice as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The Bills aren't expected to re-sign free agent DT Jordan Phillips.
Phillips will test the open market coming off a career year. There should be no shortage of interest in the 27-year-old after exploding for 9.5 sacks in 2019. With Phillips unlikely to be back in Buffalo, Ed Oliver will step into an every-down role."

6' 6" 341 pounds He may be pricey after a career year but a great addition to the d-line.

Give him Crawford’s money!

And his roster spot!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No its just tiresome that at this point we can't have a thread about anything anymore without Dak being brought up on page one, for insert reason, whether it has anything to do with him or not.
Hello. Dak and his upcoming contract is an integral part of this conversation and very likely why the Cowboys won't be able to afford someone like DT Jordan Phillips. That's reality.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dallas isn't going to be a serious contender for a SB until they abandon this country club "we like our guys" attitude. This team is almost never involved in upgrading its roster year over year and instead consistently hands out record contracts to average players or positions that don't warrant giant contracts.

garyv

Reaction score
If Dak would take 32-33 million a year, I’m in.

What I read he was fixing to ink a 33 mil backed out and wanted more and my feeling is probably over the new CBA thing and the potential it brings. A tad bit greedy.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Get real....do you think Phillips is getting 32 mil a year like Dak wants plus some. Phillips is the type of players you need in the trenches to win. We have seen what happens to us up the middle.
QBs command that type of money not DT.

That being said, I completely agree with you on the building the trenches is how you win. Phillips would really help this DL especially if Dallas drafts Kinlaw as well.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I like average QB's that take their team to a SB, screw passing yards! (picks mic back up).
So stupid. Tell Brady that when they didn't win the SB. I guess he was just an avg QB those years.

Mic dropped,,,,,,again