DT Jordan Phillips not resigning w/Bills

garyv

Reaction score
QBs command that type of money not DT.

That being said, I completely agree with you on the building the trenches is how you win. Phillips would really help this DL especially if Dallas drafts Kinlaw as well.

We need two DT's like Phillips 320 to 340 range creates a little havic but most importantly plugs the middle

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So stupid. Tell Brady that when they didn't win the SB. I guess he was just an avg QB those years.

Mic dropped,,,,,,again

Don't go there, big boy...Dak is not Brady, never will be. Try again.

Mr_437

Reaction score
There are a ton of DTs available in free agency.

Javon Hargrave
DJ Reader
Jarran Reed
Leonard Williams
Danny Shelton
Suh
Jordan Phillips
Shelby Harris
Ashawn Robinson
Gerald McCoy
Derek Wolfe
Michael Brockers
Quinton Jefferson
Michael Pierce
I'll have a Michael Pierce from this list.
Then some lower level FA...maybe Malik Collins.

Bigdog

Reaction score
What I read he was fixing to ink a 33 mil backed out and wanted more and my feeling is probably over the new CBA thing and the potential it brings. A tad bit greedy.
I read that too. I like Dak but I think he or his agent is getting too greedy. Love to get Tua but that is a pipe dream

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Sounds like an upgrade.. Hopefully Nolan and company are not adverse to improvement...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need two DT's like Phillips 320 to 340 range creates a little havic but most importantly plugs the middle

Trouble is Phillips did not plug up the middle... He was a "sieve" for the Bills.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Get outta here! You know who is willing to break the bank, and it's not a freaking DT...it's your lover homey, the magnificent Dak!
Huh? What the hell you talking about lol? What this thread have to do about Dak? Y’all can’t resist can y’all lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the entire reason we hired MM and the type of D staff we did was TO FOCUS ON DEFENSE and fix it via draft. They weren't brought in just to coach the same trash we already have..we need to draft high end DT's and so forth and let the coaches do there jobs. WE will be addressing this early and if we don't, its a bad fatal mistake. Its all about the draft and getting it right.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the way we can maximize the new staff is by bringing in NFL CALIBER PLAYERS. Not experimental guys like Tristan Hill. That guy should have been drafted 2 rounds later than he was. We need big uglies, thugs on the interior..fat boys...not speedy smallish guys that have never proven a thing. Our linebackers are VASTLY overrated and that area needs fixing. Issaiah Simmons may be a guy that drops and if he does, we better think about taking him. He can play LB or safety. He's a beast and reminds me of Darren Woodson in College. We need good football players, not entitled Divas. That's been the issue.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m down to look at him but he’s about to break bank. Basically the Bills did to Phillips what we should’ve done with Lawrence. Love Lawrence. Probably my favorite player on the team but that’s just too much money to give someone and the production ain’t there.

The Bills have a replacement already in-house. It makes it easier not to pay when you have a first-round draft pick on the roster ready to take over.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There are a ton of DTs available in free agency.

Javon Hargrave
DJ Reader
Jarran Reed
Leonard Williams
Danny Shelton
Suh
Jordan Phillips
Shelby Harris
Ashawn Robinson
Gerald McCoy
Derek Wolfe
Michael Brockers
Quinton Jefferson
Michael Pierce
Go after the big fish. Hargrave and Reader are the best. Reed is a distant third.

I would not waste time with the guys below them. Maybe McCoy for a cheap vet deal.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
"The Bills aren't expected to re-sign free agent DT Jordan Phillips.
Phillips will test the open market coming off a career year. There should be no shortage of interest in the 27-year-old after exploding for 9.5 sacks in 2019. With Phillips unlikely to be back in Buffalo, Ed Oliver will step into an every-down role."

6' 6" 341 pounds He may be pricey after a career year but a great addition to the d-line.

Imagine getting him and then drafting Kinlaw and having Hill!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

My hope is that we get someone like him in FA and draft a DT in the first round. Then, we have the top FA, top draft pick and then Woods, Hill and possibly Crawford (if he takes a pay cut) in backup roles at best ... and I like Antwuan Woods, but he's a role player, not a dynamic force.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I thought highly of Phillips coming out of OU, but he just kind of disappeared once he got into the league. Glad he’s getting his career going, but this is not the kind of guy you pay big money to.

If you can get him for 5-6 a year for a short contract then go for it. But he can’t be the only guy we bring in to beef up the DL

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I thought highly of Phillips coming out of OU, but he just kind of disappeared once he got into the league. Glad he’s getting his career going, but this is not the kind of guy you pay big money to.

If you can get him for 5-6 a year for a short contract then go for it. But he can’t be the only guy we bring in to beef up the DL
He's done the contract year thing. Turned it up in the last year of his deal.

That is always a red flag. Hand that kind of player a cushy deal, don't whine when you get poor results.