Duke Johnson to the Texans

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Elliott and Pollard, would really have given up a 3rd (assuming he's used) for Duke at this stage? Plus he gets paid about 5 mil per year

That sounds a lot cheaper than the $15 million per year plus Elliott is looking for, doesn't it?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. I guess we will be re-signing Zeke prior to the season.

I'm thinking so. And then the team and the SuperFans will try to spin it to where that's a "great thing!"

My stomach is queasy already expecting it.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lovely. The FO must know something we don't (ie, Zeke will eventually show up, without or without extension)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Definitely.

Yes -- I meant to say Duke had that contract with the Browns but no doubt, you caught my intent. ;)

Also, it included a $5 million signing bonus. I assume the Browns had to pay it upon Duke's signing.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
That sounds a lot cheaper than the $15 million per year plus Elliott is looking for, doesn't it?
I'm assuming we will sign Elliott.
I guess I don't even mention those two in same breath...not really comparable players..imo.
I see Pollard as an unproven Duke. I don not see Duke as a bell cow back.

We're just operating on different assumptions, I guess.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just a question here but don't you guys have any hope the group that we have at RB can produce at a satisfactory level? I know they aren't proven and they aren't Zeke.

But collectively, I'm not sure they can't get replicate the production. Obviously it somewhat comes back to the Oline. If we are getting what we have paid for up front, they should be able to get yards. Plus, aside from Morris, they are unknowns to defenses so they have an element of surprise.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but i'm certainly not in panic mode about that position group.

Verdict

Reaction score
With Elliott and Pollard, would really have given up a 3rd (assuming he's used) for Duke at this stage? Plus he gets paid about 5 mil per year

Would you rather have Duke Johnson or Witten for 5 million?

Verdict

Reaction score
Just a question here but don't you guys have any hope the group that we have at RB can produce at a satisfactory level? I know they aren't proven and they aren't Zeke.

But collectively, I'm not sure they can't get replicate the production. Obviously it somewhat comes back to the Oline. If we are getting what we have paid for up front, they should be able to get yards. Plus, aside from Morris, they are unknowns to defenses so they have an element of surprise.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but i'm certainly not in panic mode about that position group.

I would be a lot more optimistic if we had not signed Morris. I would take an unproven player over Morris. He brings nothing to the table. Nothing.

joseephuss

Reaction score

So what if it is cheaper than Elliott. Johnson is a complimentary back. Dallas would still need a guy or 2 to take on the workload of running the ball. Johnson would have been an luxury, not a necessity. Dallas maybe have a cheaper version in Pollard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm assuming we will sign Elliott.
I guess I don't even mention those two in same breath...not really comparable players..imo.
I see Pollard as an unproven Duke. I don not see Duke as a bell cow back.

We're just operating on different assumptions, I guess.

More from the point of ‘workhorse’ vs ‘committee’.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Does your own use of “aside from Morris” concern you? Are you OK going into the season counting on him?